Philadelphia office tracker for marriage based greencard

Hi Sonviraj, i will post it when i visit the local office next month. please post yours too if you go there the end of this month. keep in touch.

kjngnet

Hi kjngnet

I will update the information whenever I go there. Thanks for prompt reply.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi kjngnet

Could you please tell me how long it took to renew an EAD in your case? I heard that normal procedure takes 3 months. I have applied it in last month.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

EAD Renewal

Hi sonviraj, i renewed my EAD three times since i applied for GC. the first time took 2 months (which was in Tampa,FL); the second time took almost 3 months (because of the case transfer from Tampa to Philly); and the last time took about 1 month (which was the quickest). if i still don't hear anything from the USCIS i have to renew the fourth time the beginning of next year. hope this helps.

kjngnet

Hi,

So today I supposed to get a letter of interview(according to the receipt of application) and I don't think they follow dates strictly. I am planning to visit the local office very soon.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi,

I have applied for renewal of EAD. It is more then one and a half month. The check is not yet debited from my account. Still waiting for the Interview letter. God knows how long this entire process will take :-(

Regards,

Sonviraj.

AP

Hi, i went to Philadelphia local office today to apply for AP and also checking for my case. the officer told us that the security check has been cleared but there is another some kind of check is going on (who knows what kind of check it is...). so they couldn't tell me how long i have to wait from now on. by the way, i should be able to pick up the AP next Friday but i decided to let them mail it to me instead. i'm really frustrated right now and nothing i can do about it:confused: well, good luck to you and let's pray...

kjngnet

Hi,

But why these kind of checks before interview? You are waiting for your interview letter right? This is really sad.

Wish you good luck.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi kjngnet

I have received interview notice on friday. I have to attend the interview on 28th of this month.

Question for sachin.

Sachin I am little bit worried about my birth certificate. I do not have birth certificate and my parents sent me sworn affidavits of birth. As far as the "Non availability of birth" certificate is concerned, the municiple corporation has just gave them one line information on the letter that there is no record.

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin

I have posted a question in my earlier post. Could you please reply whenever you get chance?

Thanks

Sonviraj.

Re: Hi kjngnet

If you donot have a birth certificate sworn affidavits from your parents , grandparents should be allright. Also make sure you enclose that small note which was given you to by the municipal corporation.

ALso a copy of your school leaving certificate or even your college leaving certificate should act as proof of birth. If not that your unexpired Indian passport also serves as evidence of birth.

All the best for your interview and let us know how it went.

I do remember you said something about your wife going to school and the I864. take a copy of your recent paystubs (original also) with you at the interview which shows your income (which can be used in the I864A) also take a letter from you employer stating you are presently employed with them.

Thats about it..
Good luck again and let us know how it went.

Sachin

Hi Sachin

Thank you very much for your kind response. I think I should not worry so much because we have lot of other documents with us. Whatever you suggested in your answer, I will do that.

I will update you guys after interview.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

to Sonviraj

congratulations! you finally made it!!! well i guess i still have to wait for maybe a long time... :-( Yes, please have us updated after your interview. thanks and good luck!

kjngnet

Hi Sachin

I have a question. As I informed you earlier, I have two I - 94 with me. So at the time of interview if immigration officer askes for I - 94. Should I give him both or just the latest one?

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Thanks Sachin

Thanks for the prompt response. Since my wife is not working so I am submitting my sister in law's information in I-864 A. Do I need to submit any document also with that form? I have tax return of the last year but I do not have any other document.

Is it enough?

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

Re: Thanks Sachin

it should be enough. but INS asks for 3 yrs of tax returns.. if she hasnt worked for 3 yrs have her sign a letter stating that.

Also make sure you take your tax returns and the recent paystub along with your employer letter (you could add your name to the I864-A) if and when the Adjudicator asks for it.

Re: Hi kjngnet

Hi Sonviraj, just want to let you know that i received my AP last Thursday and now it should be safe for me to leave US and come back without trouble. please post your interview experience after it. Thanks and take care.

kjngnet

Originally posted by sonviraj
I have received interview notice on friday. I have to attend the interview on 28th of this month.

Question for sachin.

Sachin I am little bit worried about my birth certificate. I do not have birth certificate and my parents sent me sworn affidavits of birth. As far as the "Non availability of birth" certificate is concerned, the municiple corporation has just gave them one line information on the letter that there is no record.

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.

Regards,

Sonviraj.