Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dear Friends,
I am seeing PBEC online status as "DENIED" from 6 weeks.

Here is history of my case.
Got NOF on Dec 18th 2006 to response before Jan 21st.
Attorney requested another 30 days extension. Approved by DOL
We rebutted NOF on Feb 22nd, 2007.
Online status changed to "DENIED" on March 18th. No denial letter from DOL so far.
NOF had three items 1. To prove my MIS college degree 2. To prove 3 years of experience 3. Salary information. All the information was provided.

I am not sure what to believe at this point. Is online status is accurate?. Usually how long it takes DOL to sent letter if case is denied?. My attorney says we are okay online status is not built for NOF cases. It usually takes couple of months for DOL to response and NOF means same as "DENIED". Any comments or advice would greatly helpful to me.

Case -P05139-XXXXX
Prority date - 05/13/03
State - NJ RIR
NOF - 15 Dec 2006
NOF rebuttal - 22 FEb 2007
March 18th 2007 - online status "DENIED"

hello thanks for responding.
could you please be more specific. what do you mean by "region?"

Did your case clear the state ? if so then source column will indicate Region.
Did your company carry our any recruitment efforts after your application was submitted in 2001 ?

Guys,

Question: Is there anyway without contacting lawyer/employer to know that whether they (lawyer/employer) received Labor Certification papers?

- BharatPremi

thank you to those who responded.

Did your case clear the state ? if so then source column will indicate Region.
Did your company carry our any recruitment efforts after your application was submitted in 2001 ?

NO recruitment efforts were done before or after the application were submitted; yet i got a NOF.
But who knows maybe I'll get a RI after this NOF.

Still In Process - Recommended for approval, whatever that means

I have been in the 'In Process' situation with the screenshot showing Final Review. This was when we could get screenshots from the info@ email id. You can no longer get screenshots from them. Tried contacting them by phone/employer and was told that it is recommended for approval.:confused:
Couldn't get a clear time by which it would move (read crawl) to 'Certified'. Apparently the analyst person has to get off his/her backside and condescend to update the case/letter/website or whatever it takes.
Just giving vent to my frustration and sense of isolation here :mad: after reading about the success stories of other folks here (no offence intended, I'm happy for them). Still waiting and hoping those damn losers would get their act together so that I can share good news too with you folks.

That's all there is. Have a good weekend folks.

--------------------------
Traditional Recruitment
Case Filed: March 2004
Source : State - MA
Processing Center: PBEC
Online Status: In Process
Final Review, data entry assigned to operator
Resultant status: Keep waiting ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, in progress forever, asked lawyer, they said an inquiry email was send on 04/25 but never got response.

Roy

still waiting for RI

Please see my signature, I'm still waiting for recruitment instructions from PBEC with a priority date of Jan., 2002. All the co-workers around me have finished recruitment, with earlier or later priority date than mine. I'm wondering if anyone is like me here, or I'm the only one. Official link shows my status still "in progress", and no ads on AJB for me.

NO recruitment efforts were done before or after the application were submitted; yet i got a NOF.
But who knows maybe I'll get a RI after this NOF.

A friend of mine in similar situtation, he was waiting on recruitment instructions, then got an nof, as per attorney some of his documents were missing from his file and attorney had to resend it and this happened several times back and forth.
If PBEC needs information it looks like they issue the dreaded NOF.

How long it takes to receive certified papers?

My online status shows as CERTIFIED from April 10th. Attorney or Company not received any papers so far. Now a days generally how long it is taking?

After 4 long years finally my online status has changed to certified. Any feedback on how long before my Lawyer receives the documents.

PA - July 2003
No 45 day letter received.
PBEC - P-06324-XXXXX
Non RIR changed to RIR recently
EB2

My online status shows as CERTIFIED from April 10th. Attorney or Company not received any papers so far. Now a days generally how long it is taking?

Suryam,

It does not seem that DOL has established any firm rule to mail the docs to the intended receipients in particular time frame. If you analyze the responses from all forums you may find somebody get them within 3 days from the day of update(Certified status) on online. Some have got them within one and half months.

Now real confusion arises when lawyer/employer decide not to let beneficary know about the receipt of the certificates (Motive can be anything..We all H1 holders know..). The main problem is that DOL does not have any process to let beneficary compulsory know that docs have been mailed to the lawyer/employer. Some beneficaries get that notification from DOL and some not.

- Bharat Premi

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update on my case.
April 30 my case was listed as "DENIED" on the DOL public disclosure system.
May 3 the lawyer tells me that he has recieved an email from a senior officer at DOL saying that my case has not been denied. It just shows denied due to a glitch in the system. My case is still with the analyst. Still waiting.... 5 years and 6 months.

My lawyer received the certified forms from PBEC on Friday last week (5-4-07).
This forum has been very helpful. I want thank all you guys who have been taking the time to not only post your information but also providing helpful advice.
Thanks Sincerely,

Looks like they shut the info address down...Set an auto reply to it..
I got the following reply..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Requestor:

Thank you for contacting the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) regarding your case.

Case status requests cannot be provided by the BEC and are available on the following website:

http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/

For information regarding "Frequently Asked Questions", please visit the following Department of Labor's website and look for "Backlog FAQs" in the left hand margin:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send a separate e-mail to:

H1B7yr@phl.dflc.us

Inquiries that require additional research and response from the BEC will be forwarded to the appropriate department, which will communicate directly with you regarding a resolution or additional information required from you.

In order to facilitate our response to future e-mails, please indicate, specifically, the nature of your inquiry on the subject line.

Sincerely,

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Certified :)

I have the Good News to share with you guys
My online status shows CERTIFIED today :D

But i am really looking for my substitute labor 140 to be approved with a priority date of March 2000. I have no clue with so much inquiries and congressman follow up what is going on over there.

Do you guys think i should upgrade it to premium so i will get a result soon ?

Thanks for all the help.

Online status changed to Certified

My online status shows CERTIFIED. Keeping my fingers crossed until my lawyer gets the papers.
My details:
PD: Mar 29, 2002
State: MD RIR

1-2 weeks

After 4 long years finally my online status has changed to certified. Any feedback on how long before my Lawyer receives the documents.

PA - July 2003
No 45 day letter received.
PBEC - P-06324-XXXXX
Non RIR changed to RIR recently
EB2

It shud take anywhere between 1-2 weeks, good luck