Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

StressTestInUSA said:
at this point, I think we shud be happy our 45 day letter is recvd and we dont have another bombshell to hear as in the case is closed etc..we dint recieve the 45 day reply letter etc from PBEC...othewise to get it reopened is like filing your LC all over again

When are you going to change your signature my friend ????

Hello All,
I, like some others stumbled upon this forum and have since found the messages here to be EXTREMELY helpful.
Below are my case details:
NY RIR EB3
PD: 11/2002
45 DL rec'd and relied to on 2/8/2006
Case No ??? Employer did not provide. I told them they can hold on to it!!!

I hold MS & MBA degrees from top tier Univs in the US, had 7 yrs US work exp at filing of petition, yet it was filed ONLY as EB3. Besides, I also hold a fairly senior position in a very large multinational firm. Reason given for EB3 was "most jobs only require bachelors + 4-5 yrs exp". Anyway, I will be starting 10th yr of H-1B soon. Two days ago, employer’s immigration attorney informed that my case was suddenly transferred from PBEC to DBEC. Does anyone in this forum have a similar experience or have heard of it? If you do, please share the actions you took or plan to take. I am trying very hard to expedite LC and I-140 so I can avail of the 3 yr H-1b extension at least this time around. Any suggestions/recommendations are also very welcome.

Good Luck to all.

P.S I am also considering switching to PERM (through another employer) but having waited this long don't want to give-up the 2002 PD.

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Hello All,
I, like some others stumbled upon this forum and have since found the messages here to be EXTREMELY helpful.
Below are my case details:
NY RIR EB3
PD: 11/2002
45 DL rec'd and relied to on 2/8/2006
Case No ??? Employer did not provide. I told them they can hold on to it!!!

I hold MS & MBA degrees from top tier Univs in the US, had 7 yrs US work exp at filing of petition, yet it was filed ONLY as EB3. Besides, I also hold a fairly senior position in a very large multinational firm. Reason given for EB3 was "most jobs only require bachelors + 4-5 yrs exp". Anyway, I will be starting 10th yr of H-1B soon. Two days ago, employer’s immigration attorney informed that my case was suddenly transferred from PBEC to DBEC. Does anyone in this forum have a similar experience or have heard of it? If you do, please share the actions you took or plan to take. I am trying very hard to expedite LC and I-140 so I can avail of the 3 yr H-1b extension at least this time around. Any suggestions/recommendations are also very welcome.

Good Luck to all.

P.S I am also considering switching to PERM (through another employer) but having waited this long don't want to give-up the 2002 PD.

Have been hearing of transfers from PBEC to DBEC here and there. Not sure what to make of it and whether it will be good for 2001/2002 filers. Next two months will reveal the true colors of PBEC. Today is officially their last day of data entry.

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Hello All,
Two days ago, employer’s immigration attorney informed that my case was suddenly transferred from PBEC to DBEC. Does anyone in this forum have a similar experience or have heard of it? If you do, please share the actions you took or plan to take. I am trying very hard to expedite LC and I-140 so I can avail of the 3 yr H-1b extension at least this time around. Any suggestions/recommendations are also very welcome.

Your application being transferred to DBEC would actually be a blessing for you. They are far more efficient than PBEC. We had heard rumors before that Dallas staff worked on Philly application but nothing to sustain the theory. If your lawyer is trustworthy, that might mean that they plan on actually getting the backlog resolved sooner than later !!!

Can you try to get more info from your lawyer, such as :

- are there any other cases transferred
- reason for transfer

Thanks
MDW

gcby2020 said:
Have been hearing of transfers from PBEC to DBEC here and there. Not sure what to make of it and whether it will be good for 2001/2002 filers. Next two months will reveal the true colors of PBEC. Today is officially their last day of data entry.

Correction, today is the day when the very last 45 day letter should arrive in the recipient mailbox. :)

Thanks for your very prompt response. Shall follow-up w/ the attorney and post info on this forum - most likely I will hear from them only early next week.

Like some of you said (wrote), hopefully, transfer to DBEC may be for the better.

I am simply AMAZED at the respnses I have received! Again, Thanks to all who responded to my msg.

Hi Folks!

Can anyone guess about my Labor approval????

Priority date: 01/22/2002 State NC EB3-NonRIR
Atlanta DOL
45 day letter 10/10/2005
45 daye letter replied 10/10/2005
Case No. P-05013 - XXXXX
on 8th yr extension
Labor approval Pending :( :confused:

long wait.............

Thank you in advance for any response

Probably it is on the way (taking a short break in someone's mail room either PBEC's or USPS's or UR's).

You will get the approval very soon - may be in the next week.
Good luck.

GPra said:
Hi Folks!

Can anyone guess about my Labor approval????

Priority date: 01/22/2002 State NC EB3-NonRIR
Atlanta DOL
45 day letter 10/10/2005
45 daye letter replied 10/10/2005
Case No. P-05013 - XXXXX
on 8th yr extension
Labor approval Pending :( :confused:

long wait.............

Thank you in advance for any response

Any news on Closed Case Response Email

Hi,

Just wondering did anybody with close case got response back - like reopen screen shot etc - based on new email which PBEC has setup.

Thanks

Had my supervisor call the 202 # this morning and found out that the case has been assigned to analyst. Guru's any input is appreciated.

Thanks

MDwatch said:
When are you going to change your signature my friend ????

thanks for reminding me..

trust me...I am so hooked to this forum,I still log in to check out whats happening to my friends around...

As these labors get approved by say the year end, there will be a lot of support for iv.org, having a certified labor is no good. Holding on to these jobs, the same employer is beyond imagination for such a long time..

What's iv.org?

What's iv.org?

StressTestInUSA said:
As these labors get approved by say the year end, there will be a lot of support for iv.org, having a certified labor is no good. Holding on to these jobs, the same employer is beyond imagination for such a long time..

case closed

RIRLabor2002 said:
Hi,

Just wondering did anybody with close case got response back - like reopen screen shot etc - based on new email which PBEC has setup.

Thanks

No, I got my case closure letter July 5th, 2006, the lawyer sent the e-mail on July 13th , I saw it, he said it was automated reply that it e-mail was received. Nothing yet.

Need help from StressTestInUSA

StressTestInUSA said:
thanks for reminding me..

trust me...I am so hooked to this forum,I still log in to check out whats happening to my friends around...

Congratulations StressTestInUSA!!!
My PD is May 2002, and like me there are still quite a few early 2002 cases without any approval. I am wondering, if you were to ask for a screen shot of your case now, would you get a reply or wonder what you would actually get. Atleast this way, some of us can see if our case has been approved and not lost in the mail or whatever unthinkable. If you could help us out, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and Congrats again

Best reagrds
Waiting_in_VA_may_2002_Eb3_rir

Waiting_in_VA said:
Congratulations StressTestInUSA!!!
My PD is May 2002, and like me there are still quite a few early 2002 cases without any approval. I am wondering, if you were to ask for a screen shot of your case now, would you get a reply or wonder what you would actually get. Atleast this way, some of us can see if our case has been approved and not lost in the mail or whatever unthinkable. If you could help us out, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and Congrats again

Best reagrds
Waiting_in_VA_may_2002_Eb3_rir

actually the morning I got the approval in the mail,I sent an email to H1b&thyr..I got the screenshot next day.So it looks like they r still responding to the email for screen shot, the screen shot will not really tell you if the 45 day letter has been recvd by them etc,best route is to call the 202#(i dont know that #) and hope someone answers with the case status of when the 45day reply was recvd..

someone were saying they keep tab of how may times we are sending emails for screenshot etc makes no sense,to do that they will have to allocate another person or add another field to the database to update the no.of time we are asking for screenshot..where does PBEC have time for all that,I guess they will reply to the screenshot emails for another month or say,by then all will get 45 day letters..

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the approval notice come to the Attroney & the employer, or does it come to the beneficiary also?

Also, does this vary from individual to individual?

StressTestInUSA said:
actually the morning I got the approval in the mail,I sent an email to H1b&thyr..I got the screenshot next day.So it looks like they r still responding to the email for screen shot, the screen shot will not really tell you if the 45 day letter has been recvd by them etc,best route is to call the 202#(i dont know that #) and hope someone answers with the case status of when the 45day reply was recvd..

someone were saying they keep tab of how may times we are sending emails for screenshot etc makes no sense,to do that they will have to allocate another person or add another field to the database to update the no.of time we are asking for screenshot..where does PBEC have time for all that,I guess they will reply to the screenshot emails for another month or say,by then all will get 45 day letters..

If you are from Rest of the World and can apply in EB2 through PERM, I would recommend you do it without delay. Even PERM takes at least three months and who knows what the retrogression situation will be in three months. Just remember, you cannot use the experience used in the same firm towards EB2. This is what got me in trouble with my EB3 application. I applied for LC after working for the company for 2 1/2 years and they suspect that I learned the software in that time.

Thanks.

noluck2005 said:
I think that you should tell your lawyer to withdraw case, then your case won’t be denied, it would be withdrawn, but I don’t think that any of this matter because you are applying PERM through other company.
My HR told me that she called 202 number and they told her that 45 day letter response was received last year sometimes in March, and that my case is pending and they don’t know when it will be determined, she told me it can be any day or in couple of months. She suggested me to ask my managers for are they supportive of PERM, my manager is OK but he has to ask his boss, then how much is that going to cost, bla, bla, bla.
I hope that boss of my boss will approve PERM expense.
By the way how much does it cost to file PERM about 10k more less?
I am right now EB3 almost 4 years of waiting and now after talking with HR and lawyer they kind of suggested me to go for PERM EB2. My lawyer filed EB3 before because in 2002 it didn’t matter, and I am rest of the world so nobody really know that visa retrogression is going to happened.
I think that my HR and my lawyer just want that I stop bugging them by e-mails “what is going on with my case”, they are kind of people leave me alone, don’t bug me. It is good for me that I work for big company, and that they are paying for my GC, and it looks like they want it done ASAP my lawyer, hr and my boss. I hope that boss of my boss will OK it. :)
I think the lawyers love this BEC mess they know that sooner than latter we will switch to PERM especially EB3 people who can qualify for EB2, and that means more money for them.
I also think it is not wise to write e-mails to big guys in DOL, because you are nobody in their eyes and you are bugging them, so they will just squash you as a bug. :(

best luck to you all

approval notice

From my experience, they sent short notices about approval to employer and the beneficiary. But will send the formal certified ETA-750A/B to the attorney. In my case, my attorney has not received it yet although my company and I received it two weeks ago. :confused:

GotGC?? said:
Does the approval notice come to the Attroney & the employer, or does it come to the beneficiary also?

Also, does this vary from individual to individual?

202 number

I have not been following the forum the last few weeks. Can somebody tell me what exactly is the "202-number" and what is the phone number so perhaps I can call. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.