Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks for the suggestion. If I can file PERM EB2, I would have done that when PERM was just launched! The problem is that my company is a fortune top 5, having very strict HR, the position doesn't need a MS or BS + 5 yrs, it is not a technology kind of position. It's not possible to get the HR agree to modify the AD and requires MS to favor my gc because they hire for similar positions all the time and the requirements got to be consistent. I am stucked. Unless I change a company or find a senior position in my company which is not likely now, I cannot apply for EB2. I love my job and the pay is good, so I chose to stay with the company and wait for EB3 - just cannot convince myself that GC is everything for which I have to give up what I have in career now. Maybe next year, when I am deseparate to death, I will find a new job and start EB2 all over again. I am not lucky as you, there is no substitute labor for me, there is no foreigner working at the similar position in our business unit.

Axxe said:
You realize that on EB3 you will not be able to file AOS for many many years, so that a wait in PBEC will fail in comparison, while with EB2 you may be able to file soon, or now depending on your country.

My case is still pending at PBEC, and will be for a while. But I got myself a labor substitution, got I140 approved in 2 weeks, got advance parole, employement authorization, finger prints done, and a bunch of folks getting I485 approved within 90 days in Texas. I am 60 days..

Of course there is always a name check to be stuck, but it is easier with pending 485, AC21 portability, EAD for spouse. On H1B your are a miserable slave, after I140 you are just a serf, but with some rights.

What I am saying - get EB2 PERM. You may have your card before the end of the year.

Maryland PD 2002 November 22 EB3 RIR:certified

45 day letter replied 2005 Dec

I want to thank everyone here for keepingg my spirits up. I hope we all find strength in unity and faith.....

H1B transfer + extension

hi guys, sorry for posting off-topic, but I need some help ! my situation is kinda weird in terms of the expiration dates, so I wonder if anyone has comments:

- I'm employed with company A, and my current approval will expire on Nov/10. I still have one extension left until the 6th year, which would happen in April/2007

- I've just found a new job, with company B. Company B has just filed for transfer. It is taking 4 months for the transfer to be approved, so that could take me right into Oct/1st, or some 40 days BEFORE the expiration of my current approval (and also I94 btw).

Question 1: does anybody know whether, when you file for transfer, the expiration date will be the SAME as the original approval, or they would automatically extend it ? (company B's attorney entered all the dates to try to recapture unused days).

Question 2: suppose I just go ahead and file for EXTENSION on my own. In this case, I would have one extension and one transfer running at the same time. Will they interfere with one another ? or I would get 2 approvals, one extending for company A, another with the transfer and old date for company B ?

tks guys

cantstandit said:
hi guys, sorry for posting off-topic, but I need some help ! my situation is kinda weird in terms of the expiration dates, so I wonder if anyone has comments:

- I'm employed with company A, and my current approval will expire on Nov/10. I still have one extension left until the 6th year, which would happen in April/2007

- I've just found a new job, with company B. Company B has just filed for transfer. It is taking 4 months for the transfer to be approved, so that could take me right into Oct/1st, or some 40 days BEFORE the expiration of my current approval (and also I94 btw).

Question 1: does anybody know whether, when you file for transfer, the expiration date will be the SAME as the original approval, or they would automatically extend it ? (company B's attorney entered all the dates to try to recapture unused days).

Question 2: suppose I just go ahead and file for EXTENSION on my own. In this case, I would have one extension and one transfer running at the same time. Will they interfere with one another ? or I would get 2 approvals, one extending for company A, another with the transfer and old date for company B ?

tks guys

cantstandit:

I guess mine too was a similar situation, mentally too tired to go thru your situaution and answer,buy my case is as/was follows :

a.labor filed from NY Oct 2003
b.6th yr H1b expired May 19th 2005,got extn with the NY company until May 2006 based on pending labor.
c. laied-off by the NY company in Nov 2005.
d. filed for 7thyr extn in Nov/Dec thru prem.processing as well as a transfer to a new(current employer) company based on the pending labor from the NY company. got extn until May 2007

unable to take the damn stress to wait for 4 months for a regular processing I burnt $$ for premium processing. If all the documents are fine,nothing to panic I must say out of my experience.

hope it helps...

PBECVictim10000 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. If I can file PERM EB2, I would have done that when PERM was just launched! The problem is that my company is a fortune top 5, having very strict HR, the position doesn't need a MS or BS + 5 yrs, it is not a technology kind of position. It's not possible to get the HR agree to modify the AD and requires MS to favor my gc because they hire for similar positions all the time and the requirements got to be consistent. I am stucked. Unless I change a company or find a senior position in my company which is not likely now, I cannot apply for EB2. I love my job and the pay is good, so I chose to stay with the company and wait for EB3 - just cannot convince myself that GC is everything for which I have to give up what I have in career now. Maybe next year, when I am deseparate to death, I will find a new job and start EB2 all over again. I am not lucky as you, there is no substitute labor for me, there is no foreigner working at the similar position in our business unit.

That's a tough one, but personally, I would not hesitate - interview, find a new job who are ready to apply for EB2 PERM and make that a condition of you going to start if and only if it is actually submitted - and maybe approved, it may be less then a month.

Job is a job, there is always a better one, put yourself in a position to choose and negotiate. :) You will be free in no time and I bet your Fortune 5 has some competitors who will be happy to hire people with your experience.

(P.S. To get labor substitution I have had our boss barge to our CEO (~Fortune 1000 but anyway) and CEO calling HR. HR flat out lied to me for two years that they do not have any LC. After I exploded - after reading this board in the afternoon and ralizing that couple years may still pass - I have had it approved in 3 hours. HR in this country are major jerks and have unjustified amount of power. They are suppose to serve business units, not run them around. Threat of missing a product launch worked - but I sure did not make any friends in HR. As if I care.

If you actually find another position - write an e-mail up your chain explaining the reason to leave, how you love everybody, but for those stubborn HR not modifying one letter in an ad - you may be surprised that some people will not miss a chance to stick it up to them... My boss sure was happy to complain.)
)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely think about what you said....Thanks! and totally agree with your comments about HR.

Axxe said:
That's a tough one, but personally, I would not hesitate - interview, find a new job who are ready to apply for EB2 PERM and make that a condition of you going to start if and only if it is actually submitted - and maybe approved, it may be less then a month.

Job is a job, there is always a better one, put yourself in a position to choose and negotiate. :) You will be free in no time and I bet your Fortune 5 has some competitors who will be happy to hire people with your experience.

)

Congrats!

Congratulations! All the best for I-140

your_beautiful said:

I want to thank everyone here for keepingg my spirits up. I hope we all find strength in unity and faith.....

justdoit said:
Late last year 2005 when I filed for h1b extension; it took me 3-4 months. I dont think you get extension in 30-45 days.
Last year when i filed for my H1b extension it took me 2 weeks in normal processing.

your_beautiful said:

Congratulation s :)

thanks

new2laborforum said:
Last year when i filed for my H1b extension it took me 2 weeks in normal processing.

thanks everyone....I guess I will wait for october to file for my extension who knows I might even have an LC by then ;)

Saknia and other gurus, can you tell when I am getting my labor approved

Its been more than 4 years now on the labor.....God :confused: , Saknia and other gurus can u tell when is my labot getting approved. Sometimes, i really feel the pain which we should not be in.,,,, God please help....

NY
EB3
PD : 03/29/02
45DL : Oct'05

Another prrof : PBEC is a mess

your_beautiful said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that PBEC is working random at its best. :(

received my 45 day letter

Heard from the lawyer that they received the 45 day letter for my case. Updated my signature to reflect the latest details.

Hope they reply back in time and i just keep waiting :rolleyes:

MannyD said:
Thanks for the info babuds.
Can you find when she/he got and replied 45 day letter?

he got 45 days letter in march 2005 and replied in same month. Lc approved on may- 22-2006

Last edited by a moderator:
CA Nov 12 2002 RIR approved

#289 2nd June 2006, 03:45 PM
prabp
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

CA 2002 RIR approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, got an email from my attorney - my LC approved.

PD: 11/12/2002
CA RIR EB2
45 day letter: Jan 06
P-0516*****

I sincerely hope and pray that, those who havent received approvals yet, will get it soon.

Meet you guys in next stage forums...

Thanks for keeping my spirits up. GOOD LUCK to ALL.

PEBC seems to continue processing CA Oct. and Nov 2002 cases. But our Aug 2002 Ca cases are still lying in their system, without any progress. I am really frustrated after waiting such a long time and have no way to check status. I do not know when PEBC will go back to process the July and Aug 2002 CA cases.

PD: 08/20/2002
RD:08/21/2003
EB2, RIR, CA