Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Finally my labor approved two weeks ago and now I am in the process of filing 140/485 since my visa dates are current.
Just in case, I have another labor approved (PERM) with the PD of Sept 5th, 2005 with a consulting company.
If anybody interested to utilize this labor please PM me. I am not doing any business here and just trying to help as I am not going to use this Labor.
You can file 140 right away, then you will get 3 years H1 extensions.
Please PM me for any questions.

Thanks

GC_from_NJ said:
rikki,

Case Source: State means that it has not moved to region yet. If your case had moved to region and you have any document as proof then contact your lawyer and let him know of the same.

Regional cases are getting approved now so act fast.

hi GC_from_NJ,

MY PD is JUNE 2002 (EB2 RIR ), i recently replied to my 45 Day letter on May 3 06. out of curiosity i requested a 7th yer screen shoot, and i was shocked to see the Case source : state.
do you think its going to be a long wait from me again to get to region .
and to finally get the LC approval

Thx,
:)

Bingaman amendment

I don't see this amendment as being negative at all.

Instead of this amendment, just consider a hypothetical amendment if the spouse and children exemption was simply removed - even then we'd have been left with 450,000 visas instead of current 140,000. We would've been happy even with that - right?

So the current amendment is not bad at all and definitely not negative for most of us on this forum. The overall effect of this amendment is that the total number of EB visas will go up from 140,000/yr to 650,000/yr. This is quite positive!

GC_from_NJ said:
Source: http://www.immigration-law.com
The Senate passed today Bingaman amendment to limit the total number of EB aliens including spouses and children for the EB-based green cards be limited to 650,000 during any fiscal year. The original bill was to exempt the spouses and children of the EB immigrants from the numerical limitation and principal EB immigrants number was proposed to be 450,000. In a way, these two proposals remain intact, provided that the spouses and children can indirectly restrict the total EB numbers available for the EB immigrants and their spouses and children.

PBEC Phone #

dying for GC said:
Finally HR from my employer was able to talk to a live person in PBEC.
However they (don't know HE or SHE) did not give much answers to any of the questions such as what date they are processing, what is the schedule.
At the very last after many requests, they were able to tell my case status.
It is "in process"

Saknia,
What does it mean by case is "in process"? does it mean it has gone to any of the CO's for approval?

Could you share the number to call PBEC to get the status?

Thanks

And yet we wait!!!

The queue seems to move but a lot of us from May thru Oct '02 are still waiting.

Let's have a show of hands. How many people in May-Oct 02 timeframe are still waiting?

xszhu said:
Congratulations! So it moves to Nov now.

hopelessNJ said:
Got it finally!!
Good luck to all!!
details in my signature
Cheers!!

Congratulations!

Did your case went to region before PBEC and when?

Just curious if PBEC had changed their FIFO rules since your 45DL was just very recent. TIA

Senate passes immigration bill overhaul

AP - 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Legislation to secure U.S. borders and offer millions of illegal immigrants access to the American dream cleared the Senate on Thursday, a rare election-year reach across party lines and a triumph for President Bush. The 62-36 vote cleared the way for arduous summertime compromise talks with the House on its version that focuses on border enforcement — with no guarantee of success.

saknia said:
WASHINGTON - Legislation to secure U.S. borders and offer millions of illegal immigrants access to the American dream cleared the Senate on Thursday, a rare election-year reach across party lines and a triumph for President Bush. The 62-36 vote cleared the way for arduous summertime compromise talks with the House on its version that focuses on border enforcement — with no guarantee of success.

saknia..

anything for us...!! no patinece rtying to understand and digest it..

Thanks!

did'nt go to region before PBEC..
Taurus06 said:
Congratulations!

Did your case went to region before PBEC and when?

Just curious if PBEC had changed their FIFO rules since your 45DL was just very recent. TIA

priority date error

Folks,
I recently requested my labor status by emaling H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and found that my case number changet from T-XXX to P-XXX.
Also my proirity date was changed from 12/13/2002 to 12/13/2004.
How can this be corrected? Can this affect my priority date??
Please note the 'Case Received' date is still 12/13/2002.
Any reply appreciated.

Not too much for legals

saknia said:

And the same time they have approved negative ammendment for EB immigrants to limit number of EB greencards - 650K each fiscal year, INCLUDING PRINCIPALS AND THEIR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN. From one side it is good because yearly quota will be increased (current is 140K), but from other side original bill proposal was not count dependants. In addition to that 30% of EB visas will be dedicated for new workers category H2C (temporary guest workers) ~ 200K. In other words EB legal workers and 245i illegals and their dependants will get ~ 450K annualy (in comparasion with current 140K).

But even that can be killed in the house.

StressTestInUSA said:
saknia..

anything for us...!! no patinece rtying to understand and digest it..

The thing they passed has so many things. Main thing for us is increase Visa 3 fold while the other Legislation to exclude Dependentants has been voted out.

May be this will pave way for other pending Legislations that will benefitus to pass easily in Future

priority date error

Folks I am desperate please respond to this,
I recently requested my labor status by emaling H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and found that my case number changet from T-XXX to P-XXX.

I dont want to lose another 2 years, I'd rather pack my bags and go back.
Any reply appreciated
Aslo if anyone has been in this situation before, how did you contact (fax/phone) PBEC. Please post the nymbers.

ksurjan said:
Folks I am desperate please respond to this,

I dont want to lose another 2 years, I'd rather pack my bags and go back.
Any reply appreciated
Aslo if anyone has been in this situation before, how did you contact (fax/phone) PBEC. Please post the nymbers.

I can really see that you are desperate ( Read the last few lines of this post for this )

This could have happened in 2 ways. First when some one entered your case they would have made a msitake in the Year OR when they gave the Screen shot for your request they would have made the mistake.

They will still have your papers trasnfered from State which will decide your Pridority date when the Officer look at your file

However it is Good to correct this error as this is the one you will submitt for any extension to USCIS and this might bring confusion later on,

Ask your Attorny to send a letter with all supporting documents to show the first Filing date with a request to correct erros in the system. He need to Fax this as well to PBEC and follwo up with a Phone call. After that request one more 7th yr extn mail and use that. Till it is corrceted in the system follow up closely

Now for the Week end, Go Rest and Relax as nothing can be done