Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Wierd

Isn't it something that, we are not seeing any approvals from Nov01 - April 02?? Somehow these PD's were skipped??...

PD : Jan 2002

Got my 45 Day letter today

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and would like to contribute to it. I got a call from my lawyer about the 45 day letter. I am quite surprised since my PD was March 2005. I guess they are picking things up at the BEC's.

Is there any other thread where they speak about what are the next steps inlcuding when to expect the LC and subsequent times for I140 and EAD receipts?

thank you all

PD : 03/21/2005
T-05213-*****
NJ, EB3/RIR

45 Letter:
Rcvd : Today! 05/12/2006

anxicious waiter said:
Did you file PERM through a lawyer or you did it yourself? I don't know if anyone has done PERM without a lawyer and would really like to hear some experience on that. How long did it take you to prepare for the PERM document inclucing ads? Thanks.
talk to mvinay. He did it and should be able to guide you.

saknia said:
Let EB2 not move more than what is the approval Month of PBEC . Thatway when we get out from here a little late our Visa Numbers are there for us.

Otherwise if it moves to 2004 then all DBEC approvals will eat away the Visa numbers.

I know this is Bad to think this way. But situation warrants this comment
It is not just Visa numbers running away. At all the USCIS centers the 485 is processed not based in your PD but based on receipt date. So if PD moves to say Dec. 2004 and 10000 of these file 485, they are ahead in the queue of any of us.

Yes retrogression is unfair for those with approved labor but spare a thought for those rotting in these black holes.

Guys,

With DBEC progressing well (If we can call it progress) and PBEC picking up speed, in another 7-10 months many of you would be having your LC. You would be out of this BEC quagmire but sitting flat squat (with your LC in hand) looking at another black hole called Visa Bulletin and rubbing your hands for missing your chance to influence the movement of PDs in Visa Bulletin.

The BEC situation, albeit frustrating, will most likely improve in the future. But the visa number situation can improve only with legislative solution. By its very nature, any legislative relief needs huge momentum to materialize. And we have seen what can happen during that process (s.1932, grand standing and fiasco before easter). Even if any legislation passes anytime this year, we will start seeing the effect only in the next calender year, by which time many of you would have LCs.

In short, if you don't want to be looking at another backlog when you get your LC, support the group that's trying to alleviate that backlog NOW.

The guys at Immigration Voice (www.ImmigrationVoice.org) are doing incredible job of putting GC problems across all audiences. Support IV by joining NOW and do your bit to resolve GC mess

bigbang2001 said:
It is not just Visa numbers running away. At all the USCIS centers the 485 is processed not based in your PD but based on receipt date. So if PD moves to say Dec. 2004 and 10000 of these file 485, they are ahead in the queue of any of us.

Yes retrogression is unfair for those with approved labor but spare a thought for those rotting in these black holes.

That is what I meant to . Once Visa Date is avilable they are eligible to file and in the current situation it is counting againts the avialable numbers

saknia said:
10th May 2006 until 10th June 2006
monica1
Administrator Join Date: Sep 2002

Conference Call on "Labor Certifications", May 12, 06, 2:30 p.m, EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Khanna has scheduled a conference call tomorrow (May 12, 06) at 2:30 p.m, EST.
The topic of discussion is "Labor Certifications".

To participate in the call, please use the information below:

Dial-in Number: 1-641-696-6699
Participant Access Code: 212100

We are using a new conference call service, therefore please ignore glitches, if any.

Note - The call will start at 2:30 p.m, sharp.

Thanks

Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, P.C

Hi Saknia is it for May13 saturday ? or Today May 12th ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sakina

Thanks for response about 245 (i) issue....
But In this case Either it will affect everybody or nobody ...
It means it will not only affect India EB3 but also affect World/China/mexico ....everybody but World/China already moved to July1.
Did I miss something?
-ADA

What is happening to Non-RIR EB3 cases?

Hi,

My wife and I have been silent observers of this forum. Every approval we see is RIR and EB2. We have a few questions:

1. What is happening to NON RIR cases?
2. Will PBEC start approving them after they finish RIR?
3. Has there been any approvals from MA?
4. Is there hope for us NON-RIR EB3-ers in the near future?

Someone please answer. Thanks a lot in advance.

PD : Jul 2003
MA, EB3/NON-RIR
45 Letter: Sep 2005

help - case closed

Today I learned that after waiting for almost 4 years without any results, my pending Labor Certification case (RIR, CA) pending at Philladephia BEC was closed by DOL last November. I know this with the help of a local congress rep. Although I kept asking my company to check status in the last year, my employer and its lawyer never told me and always lied that they contacted DOL and my case is still good and waiting for processing (the latest is in this March)!

Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

I am from a backlogged country and still that PD is important to me. Was anybody able to reopen the case while keeping the original PD?

Great news!

therising said:
I have been following this thread for quite some time now and would like to contribute to it. I got a call from my lawyer about the 45 day letter. I am quite surprised since my PD was March 2005. I guess they are picking things up at the BEC's.

Is there any other thread where they speak about what are the next steps inlcuding when to expect the LC and subsequent times for I140 and EAD receipts?

thank you all

PD : 03/21/2005
T-05213-*****
NJ, EB3/RIR

45 Letter:
Rcvd : Today! 05/12/2006

Looking at this PD, seems like PBEC is wrapping up with issuing 45-letters.
This will allow reallocating resources into the approval process so we should
see a significant increase in approval rate in a couple of weeks.

It is recruitment effort that matters.

Labor_From_MA said:
Hi,

My wife and I have been silent observers of this forum. Every approval we see is RIR and EB2. We have a few questions:

1. What is happening to NON RIR cases?
2. Will PBEC start approving them after they finish RIR?
3. Has there been any approvals from MA?
4. Is there hope for us NON-RIR EB3-ers in the near future?

Someone please answer. Thanks a lot in advance.

PD : Jul 2003
MA, EB3/NON-RIR
45 Letter: Sep 2005

Hi, though a relative novice, let me try to answer your questions:
1. It is not that non-RIR cases have been left to rot. PBEC, I think is taking up cases with that offer path of least resistance. That is to say, RIR cases and non-RIR cases that have been forwarded to PBEC from Regional DOLs after the recruitment effort is finished. So, if your case was forwarded from Boston DOL after recruitment effort, expect it to be processed much sooner.

2. Again, both RIR and non-RIR cases are being taken up. If a non-RIR case is encountered, that requires recruitment efforts to be done, it is being handed to some one else, who starts the process by running ads in American Job Bank, New York Times etc. I did see some ads having been posted by PBEC. But none of them were for IT jobs. So, I am not too sure when PBEC will start recruitment efforts for IT people. Important thing to note is that it is PBEC that will do the recruitment effort.

3. As far as tracking on this forum goes, there have not been many approvals from MA. That does not mean there were not any. Those who were approved, may not know about this forum or have decided not to post their details here. There was one approval that was posted some time back. These are the details from tracker:
mgupta 2050/EB3/MA/Non-RIR/PD:01-Mar-2003/Approved:17-Apr-2006

4. Yes. There is hope. Going by the pace at which PBEC is going, MA cases should come up to the surface very soon.

FYI, here are my details
PD:10 Dec 2002
Non-RIR/EB-2/MA
45 Day Letter Recd:28 Oct 2005, Repd:7 Nov 2006
New ETA Case #:05241-XXXX

svrabbit said:
Today I learned that after waiting for almost 4 years without any results, my pending Labor Certification case (RIR, CA) pending at Philladephia BEC was closed by DOL last November. I know this with the help of a local congress rep. Although I kept asking my company to check status in the last year, my employer and its lawyer never told me and always lied that they contacted DOL and my case is still good and waiting for processing (the latest is in this March)!

Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

I am from a backlogged country and still that PD is important to me. Was anybody able to reopen the case while keeping the original PD?

I suggests ;
- confirm this by sending an email to H1B7YR (only takes 2 days) with your details if you have received 45 DL.
I'm wondering if you'll receive the standard reply without the case status.
I think most of us relied on the screen snapshot that our case is still pending and hopefully not "closed".

Does anyone know if the screensnapshot would indicate a "close" status?

- use the screen snapshot as evidence for your lawyer to pursue your case
- your case is not unique and many had similar issues. Many had re-opened their case by sending evidence (it would take time though)
hope this helps

rollingstone said:
Seems that most, if not all EB2 approvals from PBEC have been for positions that require a Masters degree. It would be useful to see the profile of LC requirements for EB2 for those still waiting.

I've set up an anonymous poll to see the distribution of EB2 requirements.
If you're EB2, please cast your vote at:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=213152

It seems coincidence that your RD(10/2004) is the same as mine. My PD is different though -07/2002. With all of the approvals before and after our PD (EB2-RIR),
perhaps FIFO is also based on RD (especially if a case had reached the region)? I've been observing the EB2 approvals and most or all of the approvals had an earlier RD than mine (even though my PD is older).

Can someone verify if certified EB2/RIR cases reached their region?

Hopefully, the votes you've posted would provide us some info. of what's going on. Or, maybe there' no FIFO after all and our cases are kept somewhere waiting to be pulled ... soon ;)

Labor Cleared

Finally I got my labor. My specifics are
VA/RIR/May 2002/45 Day letter Feb 2005/Eb3.
Man, what a long wait. At least its heartening to know they have not forgotton the Eb3s.

sameer2730 said:
VA/May 2002/45 Day letter Feb 2005/Eb3.
Man, what a long wait. At least its heartening to know they have not forgotton the Eb3s.

congrat :)

Thanks

fairboy said:
Hi, though a relative novice, let me try to answer your questions:
1. It is not that non-RIR cases have been left to rot. PBEC, I think is taking up cases with that offer path of least resistance. That is to say, RIR cases and non-RIR cases that have been forwarded to PBEC from Regional DOLs after the recruitment effort is finished. So, if your case was forwarded from Boston DOL after recruitment effort, expect it to be processed much sooner.

2. Again, both RIR and non-RIR cases are being taken up. If a non-RIR case is encountered, that requires recruitment efforts to be done, it is being handed to some one else, who starts the process by running ads in American Job Bank, New York Times etc. I did see some ads having been posted by PBEC. But none of them were for IT jobs. So, I am not too sure when PBEC will start recruitment efforts for IT people. Important thing to note is that it is PBEC that will do the recruitment effort.

3. As far as tracking on this forum goes, there have not been many approvals from MA. That does not mean there were not any. Those who were approved, may not know about this forum or have decided not to post their details here. There was one approval that was posted some time back. These are the details from tracker:
mgupta 2050/EB3/MA/Non-RIR/PD:01-Mar-2003/Approved:17-Apr-2006

4. Yes. There is hope. Going by the pace at which PBEC is going, MA cases should come up to the surface very soon.

FYI, here are my details
PD:10 Dec 2002
Non-RIR/EB-2/MA
45 Day Letter Recd:28 Oct 2005, Repd:7 Nov 2006
New ETA Case #:05241-XXXX

Thanks. We'll just wait and hope for the best.

sameer2730 said:
VA/RIR/May 2002/45 Day letter Feb 2005/Eb3.
Congratulations, sameer2730. Good luck in your next stages of the GC. Thanks for sharing the good news. Can you also tell us some more info about your case such as:
a) Exact PD. Was it May 17, 2002?
b) Exact Date on which your labor was approved and the date you received the approval from PBEC.
c) Other than replying to the 45-day letter, did you or your attorney make any inquiries about the status of your case with PBEC?

News of your approval is giving me a lot of hope that PBEC is still looking into the cases that we have presumed as being "skipped over." This is the first VA RIR May 2002 approval that we have seen in this forum in a very long time (over 3 months), as going by the latest trend PBEC seemed to have moved on to Aug - Sep 2002 VA cases. This is a very good sign for all of us (from VA and other states) whose cases have been seemingly "skipped over." Hopefully we will see everyone from the earlier time-periods getting their approvals soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed and be very positive. Good luck to us all.