Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

My Case Status

Hi All,

I recd my 7th Year Ext Screen Shot and It says

Case Source: Region

Can some one help me to understand what does that mean???

Thanks in advance and Best Wishes to every one.

Eb1/eb2/eb3?

GC_Enroute, If they went directly from SWA/SESA to PBEC, they will have to go through the SWA/SESA process in PBEC unless there is a typo or something but the SWA process is different for each category. For EB1s they may take around 2 to 5 weeks,for EB2s anywhere from month to 4 months and for EB3s 6months to 1yr(mainly because there are not that many people working on SWA cases). Again it depends on howmany applications they have in each category. Usually they have less applications for EB1 and EB2 than EB3 and EB1/EB2s have relatively high priority over EB3s that is why we see more approvals for EB1 and EB2s.

Once the data entry is completed, there could be 2 to 3 people working on each SWA/SESA depending on the volume. so for 250000 cases left for adjudication, if there are upto 75 people(2 to 3 for SWA) each working on 8 cases perday, it will take 250000/(75*8)=417days, 14months from data entry completion to approve all cases so their deadline seems to be realistic.

GC_enroute said:
Looking at some NY approvals who had their recent approvals, these cases never went to regional but got their approval. The only thing that they had different was they received their 45days letter in advance. I also observed that these cases got approved in less than 2 months time from they recieved their 45 days letter. Certainly some FIFO is followed and it is a combination of data entry completion date, 45days letter, state, EB2/EB3category, RIR/Non-RIR. Seeing DOL peple for 4 years monkeying around the process
its is a bit surprising for PBEC having this kind of complex criteria for processing the cases.

LoveNY said:
GC_Enroute, If they went directly from SWA/SESA to PBEC, they will have to go through the SWA/SESA process in PBEC unless there is a typo or something but the SWA process is different for each category. For EB1s they may take around 2 to 5 weeks,for EB2s anywhere from month to 4 months and for EB3s 6months to 1yr(mainly because there are not that many people working on SWA cases). Again it depends on howmany applications they have in each category. Usually they have less applications for EB1 and EB2 than EB3 and EB1/EB2s have relatively high priority over EB3s that is why we see more approvals for EB1 and EB2s.

Once the data entry is completed, there could be 2 to 3 people working on each SWA/SESA depending on the volume. so for 250000 cases left for adjudication, if there are upto 75 people(2 to 3 for SWA) each working on 8 cases perday, it will take 250000/(75*8)=417days, 14months from data entry completion to approve all cases so their deadline seems to be realistic.

Hi LoveNY,
Where do you take your data from ?
As far as I know EB1 does not require going through the labor certification process at all so there should not be EB1 cases in the backlog centers.
Secondly the EB1(2)(3) come into picture after the labor certification is complete. At that point the applicant is free to submit for example in EB3 even if he qualifies for EB2 - sometimes it makes sence.

The certifying officers have no athority to determine to which category a particular case belongs to and I cannot imagine any explanation why they would want to.

no Eb1

sbdol, I completely forgot about the EB1, you are right, it does not require LC. Regarding the priority, I still tend to think EB2 is given high priority possibly for 3 reasons 1) less work in case of EB2s 2) recent approvals were mostly EB2 and 3) these are backlogged, rules could be different from earlier DOLs.

again this is just my analysis...

sbdol said:
Hi LoveNY,
Where do you take your data from ?
As far as I know EB1 does not require going through the labor certification process at all so there should not be EB1 cases in the backlog centers.
Secondly the EB1(2)(3) come into picture after the labor certification is complete. At that point the applicant is free to submit for example in EB3 even if he qualifies for EB2 - sometimes it makes sence.

The certifying officers have no athority to determine to which category a particular case belongs to and I cannot imagine any explanation why they would want to.

H1B transfer AND extension

Bored with all the wait, I am entertaining alternatives (maybe as a psychological exercise :rolleyes: ) and would like to hear your guidance on H1B transfer with an extension (I hope there is such a thing).

I am working for Company A on a 8th year H1B visa which is due to expire in 6 months. Can I file apply for PERM with a new company (Company B) and follow it with a H1B transfer and extension? Do you think Company A can somehow learn my intentions for transfer into another company, and if they do, can Company A negatively influence my transfer in any way?

I am hoping I can transfer the H1B and also get extension for another year without needing cooperation from Company A. If I can do that, this might give me enough time to get an employment authorization (EB2, no retrogession) before another H1B extension is needed. If I need extension for another year, I can use the previously filed PERM to do that.

I'll appreciate your comments/experiences. Thanks a lot...

http://www.plc.doleta.gov/

Guys..

when was this damn logo updated..I think it is more than a 1 month and it is still sitting at '18 months remaining..'(or was it 19 months last month) just losing our head over this freaking GreeeenCard.

Really dont know how to come out of this mess man...!!

Last edited by a moderator:
StressTestInUSA said:
http://www.plc.doleta.gov/

Guys..

when was this damn logo updated..I think it is more than a 1 month and it is still sitting at '18 months remaining..'(or was it 19 months last month) just losing our head over this freaking GreeeenCard.

Really dont know how to come out of this mess man...!!

It was 19 months last month.

I did not even get 45 days letter...i guess Florida/Atlanta boxes are under some dust ....

kasid said:
I don't see any approvals from atlanta, I really don't know whats going on in PBBBBBBBBEEEECCCC.

May i know current working dates for EB3

Please post any approvals from Atlanta, If you guys can provide any senior officials numbers or email id's at PBEC that will be great, I am planning to send emails from gov work place.

thank you,
kasid

ATL Regional Ctr

My case was transferred to PBEC from ATL regional ctr as well. I am trying to think this positively coz there are too many negative things going on right now...why there are not ATL cases approved might because ATL didn't have very old cases like 2001, 2002 back when PBEC established. I remember when my case was transferred from TN to ATL regional ctr, the schedule back then said my case would be processed in Nov 05 if the damned BECs never happened....So PBEC now is processing many 2002 cases while most ATL cases are 2003/2004, that's why we have not seen any ATL case approval posted. Hope that's the reason, I don't want PBEC destroy my life and make me having nightmares every day, try to be positive.

BECle said:
Bored with all the wait, I am entertaining alternatives (maybe as a psychological exercise :rolleyes: ) and would like to hear your guidance on H1B transfer with an extension (I hope there is such a thing).

I am working for Company A on a 8th year H1B visa which is due to expire in 6 months. Can I file apply for PERM with a new company (Company B) and follow it with a H1B transfer and extension? Do you think Company A can somehow learn my intentions for transfer into another company, and if they do, can Company A negatively influence my transfer in any way?

I am hoping I can transfer the H1B and also get extension for another year without needing cooperation from Company A. If I can do that, this might give me enough time to get an employment authorization (EB2, no retrogession) before another H1B extension is needed. If I need extension for another year, I can use the previously filed PERM to do that.

I'll appreciate your comments/experiences. Thanks a lot...

Yes, you can file PERM with a new company, because EB greencard is for future employment. However, you can't extend your visa based on PERM ... after you have an approved PERM, then you can file 140 and then, AFTER 140 gets approved, only then you can extend your H for 3 years.

I don't think company A can influence your transfer, unless you think they could call company B and tell some nasty things about you ;) just kiddin.

So I think you should be fine, keep working for A, start a new process with B, and once you have 140, you transfer your H to company B.

just my opinion ...

How frustrating...

idasgupt said:
Received my LC approval today. Details:

EB2/RIR
Dallas, TX
PD: 02/22/2005
45 Day letter rcvd. & replied: March 29th, 2006
LC Approved: 04/13/2006

Onto the 140 queue. Good luck to all.

Here is the information my lawyer got for 7th year H1B extension.
The problem is that my Priority Date said 05/26/2005 but actually it is from august/2003 also processing type is RIR instead of TR. There are a lot of blank fields and what mean Case Source: State?
I speak to my lawyer in order to request DOL fix those problems, but she said it would be fixed when they issue 45-day letter. But still waiting.
Can any body give me some advice what should I do to get fix my priority date and processing type?
By the way in 05/26/2005 the only way to file was using PERM.

ETA Case Number: T-05146-XXXXX
Priority Date: 05/26/2005
Processing Type: TR
Case Source: State
Employer Name: Company Name
Business Activity:
Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:
Alien Name: My Name
Visa Type:
Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date:
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20 & April 24

Nationwide RALLY of mail, fax, email, phone ON April 20 & April 24

Let your friends also know…Let’s make it a success

Please feel free to customize your letter. Bold the main points. If you have more media or other contact info, please post it in this forum.
Keep the full content in all letters (including TO & CC addresses), It could come to 4 pages or so.

Send Postal Mails on April 20
Send Fax and Emails on April 24
Make Phone calls on 24 th and 25 th - Ask about the fax and letters you send.

I’m sure it will work some result if Whitehouse receive say 1000 letters…I guess 200,000+ people and their family is waiting for LCA.

In short, 1 + 12 letters will be going out to,

TO
1. President

CC
2. President’s chief of staff
3. Vice President
4. Vice President’s chief of staff
5. Labor secretary
6. Labor secretary Chief of Staff
7. Labor Deputy Secretary
8. Labor Associate Deputy Secretary
9. Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
10. John Barlett - Certification Manager
11. Ms. Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State
12. Ms. Karen P. Hughes, Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

--- Following is the content of the letter ---

Sub: Huge Administrative Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at Department Of Labor

Dear Mr. President,

Hope your family and you are doing well.

I would like to bring to your attention the huge delay in LCA approval process at DOL’s two Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC), most notably the Philadelphia BEC. I started my application with DOL 4 years back. Two years have passed since the commencement of two BECs, but till now I have not received the approvals. There is not even an option for status check or an indication when my application will be considered.

My family and I are suffering constantly in numerous ways due to these delays. To list a few, my spouse doesn’t get the work permit, I can’t change the job, due to such insecurity we can’t buy a house or take a meaningful vacation etc. We are considering leaving USA to my home country, winding up the American dream. May be it was a big mistake in my life to come to USA after working hard on my engineering college degree and leaving behind a nice job in my home country. Now I have ended up fighting DOL’s Administrative Delays and its stone-age process which seems like a long dark tunnel, with no light in sight.

I will be highly obliged if you could look into this matter as soon as possible and take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

Thank You Mr. President.

In appreciation of your leadership and resolve,

Sincerely

Name
City, State, Zip code

To: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

President

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461
president@whitehouse.gov

CC: (Mail/Fax/E-mail)

Vice President
President’s Chief of Staff
Vice President’s Chief of Staff

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Fax: 202-456-2461

comments@whitehouse.gov,vice_president@whitehouse.gov,

Department of Labor

Ms. Elaine L. Chao, Secretary of Labor (202) 693-6000
Mr. Paul T. Conway, Chief of Staff (202) 693-6007
Mr. Steven J. Law, Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000
Ms. Laura Genero, Associate Deputy Secretary (202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
202-693-2768

Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
ETA- Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
FAX: (484) 270-1600

John Barlett - Certification Manager
ETA - Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
FAX: (214) 237-9135

Department of State

Ms. Condoleezza Rice
Secretary of State
Ms. Karen P. Hughes
Under Secretary, Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520

Senate
John_McCain@McCain.senate.gov, senator@akaka.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov, senator_bingaman@bingaman.senate.gov, senator_byrd@byrd.senate.gov, senator@clinton.senate.gov, senator@conrad.senate.gov, senator@dorgan.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, tom_harkin@harkin.senate.gov, vermont@jeffords.senate.gov, tim@johnson.senate.gov, senator@kennedy.senate.gov, john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov, senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, senator@levin.senate.gov, senator@mikulski.senate.gov, senator_murray@murray.senate.gov, senator@billnelson.senate.gov, jack@reed.senate.gov, senator@rockefeller.senate.gov, senator@schumer.senate.gov, senator@stabenow.senate.gov
Media
belluck@nytimes.com, sundays@cbsnews.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, jonathan.wald@nbc.com, comments@fareedzakaria.com, jabenn@nytimes.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, 2020@abc.com, abc.news.magazines@abc.com, thisweek@abc.com, Dateline@NBC.com, WT@nbc.com, MTP@NBC.com, nightly@nbc.com, today@nbc.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com, msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com, abramsreport@msnbc.com, countdown@msnbc.com, hardball@msnbc.com, Connected@MSNBC.com, Imus@msnbc.com, allenh@washpost.com, allenm@washpost.com, aranam@washpost.com, argetsinger@washpost.com, rajiv@washpost.com, cheaterry@washpost.com, cohnd@washpost.com, coopermana@washpost.com, apcar@nytimes.com, peappl@nytimes.com, randya@nytimes.com, barbanel@nytimes.com, dabarry@nytimes.com, barstow@nytimes.com, goldbehr@nytimes.com, brian_hill@metronetworks.com, sheberer@pbs.org, ftn@cbsnews.com, betsy.fischer@nbc.com, plorris@univision.net, abenitez@univision.net, steve.majors@nbc.com, mcurtis@njn.org, stu.schutzman@abc.com,muriel.pearson@abc.com, dij@cbsnews.com,lisa.hsia@nbc.com, mail@uttm.com, dij@cbsnews.com, pjh@cbsnews.com,browne@foxnews.com,pls@cbsnews.com,gmartin@express-news.net,opinionjournal@wsj.com, mossberg@wsj.com, geoffrey.fowler@wsj.com,clemons@newamerica.net, lakshmipathy@newamerica.net, white@newamerica.net,friedman@newamerica.net, menon@newamerica.net,letters@nypost.com,letters@washpost.com, wsj.ltrs@wsj.com, josephg@phillynews.com, lakerb@phillynews.com, viewerservices@msnbc.com,
msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com,abramsreport@msnbc.com,countdown@msnbc.com,hardball@msnbc.com,
Connected@MSNBC.com,Imus@msnbc.com,
nschwartz@fortunemail.com, publisher@forbes.com

how much time is left on your h1b

ogiraldo said:
Here is the information my lawyer got for 7th year H1B extension.
The problem is that my Priority Date said 05/26/2005 but actually it is from august/2003 also processing type is RIR instead of TR. There are a lot of blank fields and what mean Case Source: State?
I speak to my lawyer in order to request DOL fix those problems, but she said it would be fixed when they issue 45-day letter. But still waiting.
Can any body give me some advice what should I do to get fix my priority date and processing type?
By the way in 05/26/2005 the only way to file was using PERM.

ETA Case Number: T-05146-XXXXX
Priority Date: 05/26/2005
Processing Type: TR
Case Source: State
Employer Name: Company Name
Business Activity:
Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:
Alien Name: My Name
Visa Type:
Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date:
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Case number missing !

My screenshot says

Case Number: T-05147-XXXXX
Priority Date: 08/06/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Source: Region

But, I donot find my case number if the following link:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

And, have not received 45 day letter.

What does this mean? Is this a data entry mistake ?

Please let me know.

Thanks !

StressTestInUSA said:
dont know if our cases r missed here...or is a data entry mistake...I think it is a data entry mistake.

ct_rk said:
My screenshot says

Case Number: T-05147-XXXXX
Priority Date: 08/06/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Source: Region

But, I donot find my case number if the following link:

And, have not received 45 day letter.

What does this mean? Is this a data entry mistake ?

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Hi Guys

This T or P case number are not in the FLC data Center before . These are assigned by PBEC for your entry in thier system. The Original Number you got whn they first accepted the Petition is what will show up in that Database. As long as you get 45 days letter that is fine. They cannot issue one with out a Petition. Why you guys get borthered with that Database comparison I don't know