Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

fastergcwanted said:
Thanks for posting this..But, the immigration bill got defeated...dude. And this amedment was probably for that bill.

Or does this relate to altogether new bill...that I am not aware of?

IF the immigration bill gets any traction in Senate post recess. In a rare event that immigration bill is ignored this year, we need to focus on getting these amendments in other bills like PACE act, TALENT bill etc.

this is not the place to ventout our anger

All,

Its good we can vent out our anger in this forum but this forum does not help us in anyway. anyone disagree ?

what we need is public support/sympathy. we need to create some kind of awareness in the public about the legal immigration mess they have created and they are still trying to create. this would make senators job easier to go ahead with the legal immigration reform. since everyone including media is talking about immigration policies now, this is the best time to do something like this as it would certainly attract attention.

why dont we post an AD in all highly circulated news papers with something like this :

First Fix the Legal Immigration Mess then talk about Undocumented Workers

1) problems currently faced by legal immigrants:

seniors in this forum can list out some good points

2) How this new immigration reform bill may affect already suffering Legal Immigrants:

few of us have already posted how it may affect so we can just use them.

And lets see if there are any takers in the public or media. if there are no takers, as per me leaving the country would be our best bet!

manwithnoname said:
Immigration bill sidetracked .... Please read http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12200612/

woohooo!
I hated this bill since there were a lot of details left out. they are saying "everyone joins at the end of the line" etc but i know when it comes to execution what will happen. These babus who make the actual rules in the agencies will mess it up. The jobs that illegals take dont effect them, but our jobs do. Their sons and daughters compete for our jobs and not the job of the burger assembler at MickyD.

And even if they do join at the end of the line, this line will never end after that. So people thinking about bringing in family later on, forget about it.

I would rather have NO movement on this than what they are proposing. I would hope there is NO retrogression relief, no movement at all on PD, I hope that the new bifurcation plan they are trying at the processing centers is an abysmal failure and it backlogs even more. Nothing should move till ALL backlog at labor is cleared. If they really care about justice and fairplay, they should have everyone to working on the backlog.

We have two weeks to try and attempt explicit arrangements for EBs before these slithering slimeballs return to the hill to wail about those poor exploited people. A very easy way out for them is to link status based on how much taxes you have paid. Why cant legals who have been here 5 + years get a direct green card if they want? It is so simple to say "if you are here legally and you have been working for 5 years, you can apply for a green card and we will give you one no matter where you came from". Or better still: "everyone who has contibuted more than USD 30K in payroll taxes quilifies for a green card". This is politically palatable to everyone, no numbers involved, just simple math.

And of course, i know all this is idle fantasizing and nothing is going to come out of it so please dont flame me.

is this true?

virtual55 said:
good news for Backlog center people:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=521

I-485 can be filed even without the availability of visa numbers, so that applicants have limited job portability; can get EAD/AP; their spouses may work.

EAD/AP extensions shall be at least 3-years instead of the current 1-year.

Applicants in the green card process will be eligible for at least 3 H-1B extensions, with each extension being at least 3 years long.

jcgc said:
I dont think it's because we are a threat to americans. If we were a threat, then they would not give us $$ to come and study in their masters/PhD programs. If anything, we are definitely an asset for them.

But, If you are a politician and have to choose between 11m votes vs. 300k votes - what would you go with! :)
Another reason

Jobless rate higher for U.S.-born than immigrants

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/05/news/economy/jobs_immigrants/index.htm

It's time for us-LEGAL IMMIGARNT to atttact public attentions

We are all legal workers who make key contributions to U.S's economy and tecnologies, why can't public media and senators listen to us,and the agnonies we have endured during this stupid LC/GC process?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveNY said:
All,

Its good we can vent out our anger in this forum but this forum does not help us in anyway. anyone disagree ?

what we need is public support/sympathy. we need to create some kind of awareness in the public about the legal immigration mess they have created and they are still trying to create. this would make senators job easier to go ahead with the legal immigration reform. since everyone including media is talking about immigration policies now, this is the best time to do something like this as it would certainly attract attention.

why dont we post an AD in all highly circulated news papers with something like this :

First Fix the Legal Immigration Mess then talk about Undocumented Workers

1) problems currently faced by legal immigrants:

seniors in this forum can list out some good points

2) How this new immigration reform bill may affect already suffering Legal Immigrants:

few of us have already posted how it may affect so we can just use them.

And lets see if there are any takers in the public or media. if there are no takers, as per me leaving the country would be our best bet!

a kind request to all

All of you, highly qualified and paid professionals,
Please take it out of your mind that you are responsible for any unemployed americans here. It is NOT TRUE. America is in its present form as "leader of the world" because of guys like us.

And I am not even counting the number of highly paid jobs created by immigrants like us and is enjoyed by native americans.

So, if you find an American who don't like you, just do not like him back. Be proud of you being here because you earned it because americans inherited it from thier immigrant parents/grand parents. Remember, they are immigrants to this country too. Don't feel guilty of yourself if there is an American loosing job next door. Feeling sorry for him is a OKEY.

Just thought I should share... you guys can move on now..

jcgc said:
Hey your points are totally valid.

Different sections will respond to us differently.
Businesses - would want to have H1 so they get cheaper talent.
Politicians - will support the businesses here since they get funded for their elections.
An average american - would hate it (cause he now needs to improve his skills / work harder to maintain his living conditions). The other day i was at the gym and this american on the treadmill next to me. He had just lost his job to another indian. Obviously he doesnt like me being in his country.

Similarly, when it comes to illegals:
Businesses - would want to have them again for cheap labor. But I doubt they would support giving citizenships to illegals (as it would only raise the wages for this labor pool).
Politicians - want businesses to be happy and more importantly get the votes from this vast community.
An average american - 11 million low-skilled workers in this economy, is also not directly helpful for the low-skilled american (construction workers, gardners etc.).

So the point is, most of us are here because businesses want it. The illegals are here because the Politicians want them.

Let’s organize a protest rally

Hello All,
I am new to this site and you folks are helping lot by posting all those info. Even though I don’t post in this site, I do send email to US Senators and news papers …… this week I send almost 30. O by the way I am also waiting for my 45 days and my RIR is 03/2002. I seriously think we are not going anywhere if we don’t organize a protest rally and we need to do this very soon.

Later

PCChandra said:
Hello Friends,

I just sent the letter to the following contacts below:
__________________________________________________ _________

Dear Sir/Madam:

Labor certification delay makes me suffer a lot. Would you please speed up to achieve promise given by DOL (Department Of Labor) to finish all cases in two years.

Sincerely,
Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CC:

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secretary
Employment and Training Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Gordon S. Heddell, Inspector General
George J. Opfer, Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Room S-5502
Washington, DC 20210

OIG Hotline: Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Room S-5506
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-6999 or 1-800-347-3756

US department of labor.
ETA
1 belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Judicial Watch, Inc.
P.O. Box 44444
Washington, D.C. 20026

---------------------------

Also join this forum to support the efforts:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/

---------------------------

come on guys, lets join to together.

I wish goodluck to everyone .

Chandra.

Chandra:

Did u mail/fax that letter...? there is absolutely no content in that...!! they will just send it recycling bin. Even if we send well drafted letters after this, they will be simply ignored....!!

Good news for 2002 EB2 folks from May 06 Visa Bulletin

The date for EB2 is now 01JAN03. Thats good news for those with PD in 2002. Only thing they need is the LCA approval from BEC.

Call for a Rally at Capitol..Washington DC

I have faxed my letters...sent 7 by USPS as well to get a hard copy reply. I do not want to discourage this effort, but In my opinion NOTHING will happen with Fax/Email as these are the people who show that they recognize the problem and working the best way they could. No room for improvement.

I do not think lawsuit will work either. Courts are goin to believe all the plans and implementation details and success stories from DOL.

I met 2 members of Congress ( one Ex)and they heard me patiently, appreciated me explaining the problem to them, showed their empathy but no results. One of them I guess was instrumental for the fillibuster the Spector's bill...Great...I do not blame anybody..I realized later that If someone is elected based on conservative ideology and Xenophobic attitude, how is s/he going to help me.

I was impressed by the rallies the illegals aliens have organized. That definitely had major impact as a community asking for their rights. It was covered in all Major /Minor channels and almost all major radio station. It had a major impact in congress hearings. A force to recon with.....

We are all high skilled people who I think,
-do not have time to go out for rally,
-have enough time for suggestions to others in this and other forum(internet is great),
-do not want to participate or donate for a lawsuit,
-always think about divisions among ourselves (01 & 02 Vs 03/04 devide),
-wish to take meanigless positions (stopping PERM..Cursing IV..),
-believe why to move their butt as they have consistent job and not to worry about the time( If it comes early..its a bonus),
-take and reply to opinions personally
-think others will get benefitted too
-wait and watch (Home country is an option too)
-worry about a day leave for rally or meeting
-wait for Visa Bullettin
-discuss Illegals while we are in worst shape than them

I guess if we do not put our acts together, We deserve the situation we are in today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in 1 or 2 weeks, choose a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally/ further action.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in white dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 30 to 50 people with a week notice to all major TV channels will work.

Since, Illegals had such a great rally, Media will definitely pay attention to LEGAL's rally.

Local folks...Congress works until late..Early morning or after work hour is fine. Not sure abt Saturday. If no one is interested..fine..I have got two hands to display at least one banner.

PD: Aug 2002
State: MD/RIR/EB3
Regional:No
Replied 45 days letter: July '05

Last edited by a moderator:
AbstractVision said:
I have faxed my letters...sent 7 by USPS as well to get a hard copy reply. I do not want to discourage this effort, but In my opinion NOTHING will happen with Fax/Email as these are the people who show that they recognize the problem and working the best way they could. No room for improvement.

I do not think lawsuit will work either. Courts are goin to believe all the plans and implementation details and success stories from DOL.

I was impressed by the rallies the illegals aliens have organized. That definitely had major impact as a community asking for their rights. It was covered in all Major /Minor channels and almost all major radio station. It had a major impact in congress hearings. A force to recon with.....

-have enough time for suggestions to others in this and other forum(internet is great),
-believe why to move their butt as they have consistent job and not to worry about the time( If it comes early..its a bonus),

I guess if we donot put our act together, We deserve the situation we have today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in a 1 or 2 weeks, choose make a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in while dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 50 people with a weak notice to all major TV channels...What you guys say?

Local folks...Congress works until late..Early morning or after work hour is fine. Not sure abt Saturday. If no one is interested..fine..I have got two hands to display at least one banner.

I think it's a good idea to come up with the list of people and the city where they come from. If we can meet face to face and there are enough people in certain area (probably NJ/NY/CT/VA/DC), group of people can plan a focussed rally against BECs.

I suggest you start a new thread and post excel file to maintain such a list.

What does this mean?

StressTestInUSA said:
guys...

May bulletin is out...

INDIA
EB2 is JAN03
EB3 is MAR01

any idea what was it last month for EB3 ....please post...

Does this mean that labor for all Indians in EB2 category (with PD Jan 03 or earlier) have been approved so far?

Thanks

Woo hoo .. LoveNY! You are the man!! Exactly my thoughts! I cannot agree with you more! Tell me where to send the check and lemme know if you're planning to take out the Ad.

7th year H1B considering PERM with new employer

Hi all,

I have been waiting for my LC approval for more than 3 years now and I was recently offered a position at a new company. I am on my 7th year H1B extension right now so I think transferring to a new company is a bit risky for me in case my current employer invalidates my LC application (Correct me if I am wrong here).

On the other hand, it looks like the new employer is happy to file a new LC for me through PERM if I pay all the fees. If I decide to go ahead with this, I can get my LC within 4 months or so and start working for the new company once I get my EAD (I am not from retrogession countries). In this scenario, I don't think I would need to rely on the cooperation of my current employer.

I would really appreciate if you can comment on my thinking and point out some of the risks if any. Thanks in advance for your comments.

AbstractVision said:

I met 2 members of Congress ( one Ex)and they heard me patiently, appreciated me explaining the problem to them, showed their empathy but no results. One of them I guess was instrumental for the fillibuster the Spector's bill...Great...I do not blame anybody..I realized later that If someone is elected based on conservative ideology and Xenophobic attitude, how is s/he going to help me.

-wait for Visa Bullettin
-discuss Illegals while we are in worst shape than them

I guess if we do not put our acts together, We deserve the situation we are in today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in a 1 or 2 weeks, choose make a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in while dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 30 to 50 people with a wekk notice to all major TV channels will work.

I am with you. I am in DC area and can take Friday off if required. I think we should have lot of people in VA-Md-Dc Area from all stages of GC.

The issue highlighted should not be just BEC delay, it should be entire GC process and the a consolidated list of the changes we want to implement in entire GC process (including all the items mentioned in Virtual55's earlier post). That way all the people from different stages of GC can join the protest/rally.

We need to get statistics like the average/median/most time for each stage of GC, how do we help the economy and the problem we face because of delays in this process.

At this stage, We need to unite as Legal Immigrants group rather than seperate groups like PBEC delay, 485 retrogession issues etc. Because even if I get my LC in next 2-3 months, the way 485 is progressing for Eb3 India, I see no end of this suffering.

my 2 cents.

Dedo said:
Does this mean that labor for all Indians in EB2 category (with PD Jan 03 or earlier) have been approved so far?

Thanks
It means anybody who has a certified labor in EB2 category with priority date before jan 2003 can apply for I - 140 and I - 485 at one go(concurrent filing)