Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

dbr said:
No 45 day letter-NJ -RIR-EB3-June 2002.

dbr:

ask for a screenshot from PBEC, i feel by now u shud have got it, followup asap, send an email to h17thyr@pbec.... requesting for 7th yr extension details.

Dont wait for the last minute,as it is life is just passing by in front of us....even if HR and attorneys howl just ignore them.

2 labor applications? One perm one in BEC ?

My company applied for me in EB3 in 2004. Obviously, that's not coming anytime soon. Now they are saying that they will apply for me in EB2 , but they also said that when my PERM case gets adjudicated, they eventually have to say that they want to withdraw the application from BEC for the same employee. Is this right? I thought I have seen people having 2 labor applications with the same employer? Thanks!

How many of us with a PD prior to 07/2002???

I keep reading you guys are assuming PBEC is processing July 02...Either this is wishfull thinking (show me one shred of evidence they are using a FIFO system) or I missed the boat!

I don't think I am alone here with PD prior to July 02, am I? :confused:

dbar said:
My company applied for me in EB3 in 2004. Obviously, that's not coming anytime soon. Now they are saying that they will apply for me in EB2 , but they also said that when my PERM case gets adjudicated, they eventually have to say that they want to withdraw the application from BEC for the same employee. Is this right? I thought I have seen people having 2 labor applications with the same employer? Thanks!

I am not sure about this. I already have a PERM adjudicated and my other labor is still pending with PBEC. When that PBC get reviewed, I don't know what will happen. Lets see,

Not alone!

StarSpangledGC said:
I keep reading you guys are assuming PBEC is processing July 02...Either this is wishfull thinking (show me one shred of evidence they are using a FIFO system) or I missed the boat!

You'r not alone. There are about 9000 (+/-) California cases before 7/2002 not approved yet.

------------------------
ETA Case Number: P-04307-32xxx
PD: 05/31/2002, CA, RIR, EB3,
45 day letter: Feb 17,2005.
H1: 9-year extention application sent Feb 14, 2006
Son out-of-age: May ,2006 !
:mad:

Though my PD is 31st July 2002, my case number (P-04307-32xxxx) is close to that of yours.
45 days letter was replied in March 2005

HA-1 said:
You'r not alone. There are about 9000 (+/-) California cases before 7/2002 not approved yet.

------------------------

dbar said:

yes, you can definitely have several labors going, but ultimately it's the employer's call. Remember, labor cert belongs to the employer, not the employee.

Now, maybe your HR is misinformed ... they dont "have" to withdraw, they can if they want to, but they don't have to. In your case, I would definitely go with PERM and ask them to let the old cert in line, and you'll have more options during the 485 phase.

No Response from BEC

shailesh_verma0 said:
Hi All,
I had filed my labour on 22nd November 02 FROM NEW JERSEY IN RIR / EB3 Category . I haven;t received any 45 days letter from the BEC Philadelphia so far . Does anyone knows anything about this BEC . it might look silly .. but i feel very worried about this now .
Regards
Shailesh

I have not received any 45 day letter, and also no response to the 7yr H1b extenstion query either. MY filing date was June 2003 from FLORIDA, non-RIR and case was still at state level before it was transferred.

StarSpangledGC said:

You are not alone
My prio date is July 2002,CA :mad:

Any PA cases approved?

Hey all,

I havnt seen too many Philly RIR EB3 cases getting approved in a while.. any new cases from PA coming through? My application is Dec 24 2002 PA, Went to Regional and then to BEC, received and responded to 45 day letter in Mar 05, no news yet.. I keep seeing some responses about PA boxes being opened.. my application some doesnt seem to be in the open boxes.. sigh...

another one of those slow moving months April 06 i guess..

people living here legally are supposed to have more rights than those living illegally. think about those protests in LA, if they would have thought police would arrest them when they come out on streets and would lose everything they have achieved in US till now, they would not have done that. police could have easily arrested them but they did not do it.

Come on guys! point is that if we have more rights than illegals and we are not excercising those rights, I think we are only losing.

those who think lawsuit is not an option, I respect their opinion. but those who think lawsuit is an option, please contribute to the lawsuit fund. here is the link:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1393800#post1393800

Cric said:
I totally agree with you. people living here illegally have nothing to lose and everything to gain, if they are deported they know they can cross over again. , so they can afford to go rallies, openly denounce the judiciary etc, moreover most of them havn't studied much, so if one calls for a rally they just follow, like I said they have nothing to lose...

We are living here legally, one missing document or a false step can undo all the wait. Most of us here are compromising hoping that all these sacrifices will start to show results.

I only hope all of our labor applications are approved soon

lawyer reply

FYI: I emailed my lawyers office to see if there are any NY approvals and here is the reply I got.

"Unfortunately not. We have not gotten any approvals as of yet only the 45 day letters and they are still coming in. This could take a very long time according to an official that spoke at a conference I recently attended. Even the officials were reluctant to give any dates out. Patience..."

Son out-of-age?

HA-1 said:

------------------------
Hi HA-1,
What do you mean by Son out-of-age? Is there an age restriction for kids on H4 / permanent residence?
Thanks.

ladude10 said:
You are not alone
My prio date is July 2002,CA :mad:

mine is also Cali, June 02. 45 days letter rcvd a year back in March 05 and still,no news yet. I guess there are around 2000-3000 CA cases between May02 and Jun02. taking into account that DBEC processed half that amount, we re left with 1000-1500 in PBEC. my guess PBEC can clear them before this coming June. keep your fingures crossed

sarathynp said:
Hi HA-1,
What do you mean by Son out-of-age? Is there an age restriction for kids on H4 / permanent residence?
Thanks.

When your kid turns 21, he/she is not eligible for an H4 (spouse/dependant visa) because he/she is now a independant adult. The only solution is a student visa (at out-of-state price!!) or his/her own work visa/green card.

StarSpangledGC said:
When your kid turns 21, he/she is not eligible for an H4 (spouse/dependant visa) because he/she is now a independant adult. The only solution is a student visa (at out-of-state price!!) or his/her own work visa/green card.

Yes. That's correct. I'm working now in his F1 switch, and yes, it will cost a LOT!. Just because my LC went to PBEC and not DBEC. I have 2 friends with PD 2-3 monthes after me - same company and position - they went to DBEC and waiting now for their GC (?!?!). Just bad luck. Remember the first 10,000 split for each BEC?

Count me in

StarSpangledGC said:

Mine is 15th July 02.

StarSpangledGC said:
Thanks for the info.. i have few more years

StarSpangledGC said:

curious..

if they complete 21 by the time we file 485 they run into age-out problem..?? thats the biggest torture for the kids..

on a side note, has this forum stopped sending email subscription alerts when a new message is posted. i used to get this before, but now it has stopped.

anyone else seeing this too?