Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Take a step back...

To all PBEC "victims",

Pardon me in advance if, when you're done reading this, you don't see anything but a waste of your reading time.
As much as I admire the effort by a lot of the members of this forum and as much as I would like to see them rewarded for it, I think a lot of you are completely missing the point.
If this whole green card experience "ruins" or "destroys" you and your loved ones' lives, my personal opinion is that you have personal issues more serious than immigration related to deal with. I am in the same drifting boat as all of you but I think it's foolish to let matters so insignificant govern my well-being!
I bet most of you think that life will be a sweet downhill ride from the day you get the much coveted card on. Think again! Just because you let it be your top priority concern today doesn't mean you don't already have more serious problems to deal with that will require your attention later. All this may sound corny and stupid but I decided to share it with you after I read that some people watched Lou Dobbs every night or had this forum as their home page. Boy, that must be hard for you.
Just remember, you are the sole person responsible for whatever worries you...

I hope you will enjoy my "secret" to a happier (if not immigration-successfull) life! :eek:

StarSpangledGC said:
To all PBEC "victims",

Pardon me in advance if, when you're done reading this, you don't see anything but a waste of your reading time.
As much as I admire the effort by a lot of the members of this forum and as much as I would like to see them rewarded for it, I think a lot of you are completely missing the point.

good points.
hope you are not representing :) Madam Secretary Chao. Just kidding buddy.

Guys/Gals. Let's flood DOL with our petitions..

Guys, how much time can you be in fina review session. I was told I am in that last stage, but how long would it be?? Any idea. What has been the precedence.

Thanks,

- My friends GC was filed by company "XYZ" in October of 2003 under EB2 RIR as a future employee
- But currently he works for company "ABC", and he is on 7th year of my H-1B visa.
Important Note: Six months before his Visa was about to expire (6 years limit) "ABC" filed for the 7th year H-1B extension using the Pending status of GC application filed by "XYZ".

That being the facts, below is his situation.

Situation: There are sold rumors that his Company "ABC" might be aquired by a Big Company very soon

Question:
- Can H-1B visa be transferred to the new company who will buy ABC? if they intended to hire him as part of the aquisition?

- What happens in case if the aquiring company does not take all existing employees(including him, little negatively thinking)? If that is the case can he jump job to a totally different company "DDD" which is ready to offer him a job or join "XYZ"? I mean Can he change my H-1B visa when he is on 7th year extension to another company again which is ready to hire him?

Nice

StarSpangledGC said:
To all PBEC "victims",

If this whole green card experience "ruins" or "destroys" you and your loved ones' lives, my personal opinion is that you have personal issues more serious than immigration related to deal with. I am in the same drifting boat as all of you but I think it's foolish to let matters so insignificant govern my well-being!
I bet most of you think that life will be a sweet downhill ride from the day you get the much coveted card on. Think again! Just because you let it be your top priority concern today doesn't mean you don't already have more serious problems to deal with that will require your attention later. All this may sound corny and stupid but I decided to share it with you after I read that some people watched Lou Dobbs every night or had this forum as their home page. Boy, that must be hard for you.

I hope you will enjoy my "secret" to a happier (if not immigration-successfull) life! :eek:

Good Point. I think you were right.
Thanks for sharing. It ends up to be what is our first priority in life.

support.gc said:
- My friends GC was filed by company "XYZ" in October of 2003 under EB2 RIR as a future employee
- But currently he works for company "ABC", and he is on 7th year of my H-1B visa.
Important Note: Six months before his Visa was about to expire (6 years limit) "ABC" filed for the 7th year H-1B extension using the Pending status of GC application filed by "XYZ".

That being the facts, below is his situation.

Situation: There are sold rumors that his Company "ABC" might be aquired by a Big Company very soon

Question:
- Can H-1B visa be transferred to the new company who will buy ABC? if they intended to hire him as part of the aquisition?

- What happens in case if the aquiring company does not take all existing employees(including him, little negatively thinking)? If that is the case can he jump job to a totally different company "DDD" which is ready to offer him a job or join "XYZ"? I mean Can he change my H-1B visa when he is on 7th year extension to another company again which is ready to hire him?

If the Company ABC is taken over the H1b will be valid ( the one extended for ABC)

If you are fired then you can transfer the Extension for the remaining period left. at that point if you submit ABC pending Labor you might get another year may be ( 8th year) . That depends on how many months left and the Officer

StarSpangledGC said:
To all PBEC "victims",

I guess it also depends on what situation you are in and that decides the priority. I have been with the same company for last 6 years and though I have couple of good offers which will increase my salary by 40-50% with other benefits, I cannot change the employer till preferably I get GC or atleast till 140 to retain the priorty date.

Needless to say the headace of appling for one year extensions and the worse part is stamping every year.

The only positive side I see about PBEC delay and retoression, being single, is I don't have to rush to get married to get GC for my spouse also, since there is still time to file for 485, so I can take my own time :).

USCISisMockery said:
Calling them is the best option compared to rally, emails, postal mail. Only drawback is you have to reveal your identity. Just imagine how impactful it would be if Elaine gets 1000 calls a day. How about we fix a day and let everybody call above suckers. I think thats the least we can all do. People who are on sidelines (who dont believe in taking action but just wait and watch) won't mind dialing couple of numbers.

For someone really interested, please see link in my signature for other contact info. Direct link to DOL contacts: http://www.dol.gov/dol/contact/contact-phonekeypersonnel.htm
Guys I don't think revealing our identity at this point would make much of a difference. We are already in deep shit and we have not been getting any favourable response.

StressTest, Mockery, JavaConsultant nice to hear back from you all, I think we should start sending letters once again right away and also start calling their offices. I don't think they have put up their email address on that website so we would have to resort to direct phone calls or USPS mail.

I hope everyone will take action begining today. Please do not worry about the draft, work on your own letters and mail it.
We just need the volume, i don't they they will want to read each and every letter.

whereismy_gc said:
Guys I don't think revealing our identity at this point would make much of a difference. We are already in deep shit and we have not been getting any favourable response.

StressTest, Mockery, JavaConsultant nice to hear back from you all, I think we should start sending letters once again right away and also start calling their offices. I don't think they have put up their email address on that website so we would have to resort to direct phone calls or USPS mail.

I hope everyone will take action begining today. Please do not worry about the draft, work on your own letters and mail it.
We just need the volume, i don't they they will want to read each and every letter.

true whereismy_gc...

thanks for waking us up...we were all in coma and sort of gave up with this non-sense

I think all of us shud stick to only one so as to not to dilute the impact...either fax or email...

I wud say fax...!!

va_aug_2002 said:
I guess it also depends on what situation you are in and that decides the priority. I have been with the same company for last 6 years and though I have couple of good offers which will increase my salary by 40-50% with other benefits, I cannot change the employer till preferably I get GC or atleast till 140 to retain the priorty date.

Needless to say the headace of appling for one year extensions and the worse part is stamping every year.

The only positive side I see about PBEC delay and retoression, being single, is I don't have to rush to get married to get GC for my spouse also, since there is still time to file for 485, so I can take my own time :).

Tell your prospective bride that your LC is in PBEC and she will sideline you for someone with better prospects, in other words you will remain single for a long time...

:)

How to change a job while applying for 7th H1B year renewal.

Hi,
I am about applying for the 7th year extension of my H1B (based on my pending LC which I stuck with (PBEC).
In the meantime I got a job offer from another employer. I would like to jojn them and file PERM application.
The new company asked me when I would be able to jojn them.
Therefore, I am stuck with the following questions:
1. Do I have to wait for H1B renewal to start applying for the visa transfer?
2. How long does the H1B transfer take? Do I have to wait for its approval before starting a new job?
3. Or, possibly, can my new employeer file a transfer my H1 from company A as well petition for extension based on the pending LC with my old company?

My current employer told me that they would not withdraw my pending LC application if I change the job. My H1 expires in August 30, 2006.

I will be grateful for any feedback.

dworakow said:
Hi,
I am about applying for the 7th year extension of my H1B (based on my pending LC which I stuck with (PBEC).
In the meantime I got a job offer from another employer. I would like to jojn them and file PERM application.
The new company asked me when I would be able to jojn them.
Therefore, I am stuck with the following questions:

1. Do I have to wait for H1B renewal to start applying for the visa transfer?

Not Necessary.

You can do 7th Year extension and H1b Transfer to the new company together in one application

2. How long does the H1B transfer take? Do I have to wait for its approval before starting a new job?

You can now work after you get the Receipt copy. To be on safer side due to extension case apply in premium processing and you can start in 15 days

3. Or, possibly, can my new employeer file a transfer my H1 from company A as well petition for extension based on the pending LC with my old company?

Yes

My current employer told me that they would not withdraw my pending LC application if I change the job. My H1 expires in August 30, 2006.

I will be grateful for any feedback.

See Answers below the Questions

The Old employer labor can go on as per Future Employment basis and you can use your old Labor Pending to do extension in New Comoany and Transfer to them as well

Cric said:
Tell your prospective bride that your LC is in PBEC and she will sideline you for someone with better prospects, in other words you will remain single for a long time...

:)
I am just looking at the brighter side in all this mess :). And if somebody wants to look for better prospects then that person was not right for me anyways!.

When my application moved from State to Region in Mid 2004, I thought I will get LC by Dec 2004 and they came up with a brilliant ideas of BEC. Then when I was thinkiing of filing PERM in Mid 2005, the rumours were the Labor will clear by Dec 2005 so I didn't apply in PERM. Anyway filing in PERM would not have helped much except getting 140 approved as 485 dates for Eb3 are still in early 2001.

Not that easy

StarSpangledGC,

I think you make avery good point that GC is a small thing and it doesn't have the potential to "ruin"/"destroy" your life but it does have a significant impact on the lives/families of those who are waiting. Is it the worst thing in life? By no means! Is GC going to make things better for me? Definitely!
Here's how it will make things better:
1. I won't have to worry about annual extension of H1 and can plan for more than a year.
2. I can take up a new job if get an offer. I have been in this job for 5 years but I can't look for a better paying job because my GC is pending with the company.
3. My wife can start working. Makes it easier for her plus adds to family income. It is frustrating to sit at home every day.

I have waited over 3 years for my labor. I am giving the GC process another 1 year. If it don't at least get my EAD by mid-2007 then its time to say goodbye.

All said and done our happiness is not dependent on GC but the whole process is a little frustrating!

StarSpangledGC said:
To all PBEC "victims",

va_aug_2002 said:
I am just looking at the brighter side in all this mess :). And if somebody wants to look for better prospects then that person was not right for me anyways!.

When my application moved from State to Region in Mid 2004, I thought I will get LC by Dec 2004 and they came up with a brilliant ideas of BEC. Then when I was thinkiing of filing PERM in Mid 2005, the rumours were the Labor will clear by Dec 2005 so I didn't apply in PERM. Anyway filing in PERM would not have helped much except getting 140 approved as 485 dates for Eb3 are still in early 2001.

I know you will do fine pal.. I was just kidding. :) :)

My PD is Jun 2004, a friend of mine applied just 4 months before me but from a different state. His processing went with lightening speed and he was able to apply for I 485 before retrogression came into effect, he got his EAD long back…and here I am still waiting for that elusive 45 days letter…

45-day letter

My LCA has Date of Received: 09-Jun-2004 (filed to Maryland), but I have not received the 45-day letter yet. I am wondering if this delay is normal or if there is a way to check the progress and status out. :confused:

Thanks much,

Intent to deny notice

Hi,

In my company, a labor application applied in 2002 received an intent to deny notice saying that the experience criteria is too restrictive and asking for the justification why 5 years of experience is required.

Does anybody here know what needs to be done to answer this kind of notice?

Please let me know.

Thanks

nviren said:
Hi,

In my company, a labor application applied in 2002 received an intent to deny notice saying that the experience criteria is too restrictive and asking for the justification why 5 years of experience is required.

Does anybody here know what needs to be done to answer this kind of notice?

Please let me know.

Thanks

You may have to substantiate with Documents that the Job requires that kind of experience

Add a detailed Job Description for that Position explaining why only a 5 Year experinced Guy can do the Quality Jobs for that position

Show correspondence from Clients if you have any where in they have complained about Quality of staff with lesser experince ( reason why you are trying to hire some one with more expericne for that position)

DKSearch said:
My LCA has Date of Received: 09-Jun-2004 (filed to Maryland), but I have not received the 45-day letter yet. I am wondering if this delay is normal or if there is a way to check the progress and status out. :confused:

Thanks much,
I dont understand what it is with the 45 letter. My priority date is Jan 2005. I got my 45 later way back September 2005. Many of friends have filed in March 2006 from the same employer and have not yet got 45 letter. Does getting a 45 letter earlier mean that the case will be processed soon? I am from florida.