Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

elassar2005 said:
guys what about random closur" i recived a notice of closur after 5 years of waiting for LC. (PD apri; 2001) and my lawyer respond to the 45 latter in time. they said (PBEC) we did not recive it..we send a poof (FEDx tarck NO.) they said nothing.. i called to ask when they will reopen my case they said it will take a long time..i said what do u mean of long time..she said (with so mean voice) I TOLD U I DO NOT KNOW JUST IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME...ahahahahahah a long time more than 5 years...it's okay i will shut my mouse and wait cause i gave them my life to control since 5 years....have a nice dream guys..bye bye

April2001
45 in Aug 2005
respond in SEp. 2005 close by erro in 03-2006
reopen (god's only knows when)
give up (sorry i have to fight for my freedom)

How cooperative is your employer ? I think your lawyer is totally unprofessional. Can you publish you lawyer so that we all stay away from that firm.

Also we all can send message to her to do something about elassr case.

As mentioned above, DOL planned to start PERM in 2003 instead of 2005. It will take DOL less than 1 minute to change that stupid JPG from 17 (today it was 19 right) months to 39 months.

Is it effect retrogression?

The following is the content from immigration news letter. One could apply for 485, if he/she employed for more than 3 years in nonimmigrant status. I am not sure of the interpretation. Please share your thoughts.

Employment-Based Immigration - The EB cap would be raised from
140,000 to 290,000 per year. Workers, and their families, who possess advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering or math, and who have been employed in the U.S. for a minimum of three years in nonimmigrant status, would be exempt from the EB numerical cap. If they obtained their advanced degree from a U.S. university, they would be eligible for a "more flexible labor certificate procedure." The country-based numerical caps
would be raised.

ANIANTCHEV said:
I am highly skeptical of the "random approval" theory. I simply think that certain "well connected" cases find their way through the system sooner than the rest of us. Even if they somehow got priority treatment or got the exclusive backing of a politician or a powerful corporation, do you think they'll run over here and tell us?
Sometimes officials that distribute benefits try to decrease or completely eliminate transparency so that they can make some ( monetary or other) profits from the distribution.

Hi All,

I have been an active reader of this forum, heard some news from my company's HR so wanted to share with you all.

They got 2 approvals recently

1. Feb 2002/RIR/NY - approval date: 3rd Mar,06
2. Apr 2004/RIR/NY - approval date: last week of Feb,06

I tried but could not get more details like case #, 45 days letter details etc..

elassar2005 said:
guys what about random closur" i recived a notice of closur after 5 years of waiting for LC. (PD apri; 2001) and my lawyer respond to the 45 latter in time. they said (PBEC) we did not recive it..we send a poof (FEDx tarck NO.) they said nothing.. i called to ask when they will reopen my case they said it will take a long time..i said what do u mean of long time..she said (with so mean voice) I TOLD U I DO NOT KNOW JUST IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME...ahahahahahah a long time more than 5 years...it's okay i will shut my mouse and wait cause i gave them my life to control since 5 years....have a nice dream guys..bye bye

April2001
45 in Aug 2005
respond in SEp. 2005 close by erro in 03-2006
reopen (god's only knows when)
give up (sorry i have to fight for my freedom)
elassar..

dont give up...send a copy of all your horror story and documents to Elaine Chao...At this point I think this is the safest route, If you have doubts about your lawyer catch hold of a new one..In fact if you have all the documents in your hand, mail them to her....dont waste another day on this...

keep us posted

Good luck

Well Done Laloo

LALOO_PRASAD said:
Already 2006 1/4 yr completed. There are so many cases waiting 2001 and 2002. 2003 Labor certificates are more in count.

Still no hope that they can complete by 2007 Sept. Daily we look at this forum, by Sept 2006 we may see another 15% approvals. Assume that they completed 20% applications by Sept 2006. More than that, may be miracle for PBEC.

How can they complete remaining 80% by Sept 2007, within 1 year. When number of applications processing increase, number of RFE or NOFs also increase. How can they handle RFE, NOFs and Recruitment observation for NON-RIR.

Do you believe the organization which took 2 years for simple Data entry can complete the process within 18 months?

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT ........... THERE IS NOTHING TO CELEBERATE AT THIS POINT OF TIME ............ I THINK THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF APPLICATION STILL STRUCK IN PBEC FOR 2001 ALONE ......... THEY HAVE ALREADY WAISTED 5 YEARS OF THEIR LIFE IN THIS HELL

I am not sure if I understand this right? Could you provide us with the link of the immigration news letter.........where you found this information.

And, is this in the process to be implemented ?

Thanks

always_missing said:
The following is the content from immigration news letter. One could apply for 485, if he/she employed for more than 3 years in nonimmigrant status. I am not sure of the interpretation. Please share your thoughts.

Employment-Based Immigration - The EB cap would be raised from
140,000 to 290,000 per year. Workers, and their families, who possess advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering or math, and who have been employed in the U.S. for a minimum of three years in nonimmigrant status, would be exempt from the EB numerical cap. If they obtained their advanced degree from a U.S. university, they would be eligible for a "more flexible labor certificate procedure." The country-based numerical caps
would be raised.

Holy Moly
First they were sending 45-day letters for Jan. 2002 case, then June 2002, Now Dec. 2002, but where is my 45-day letter? Status check still shows a Txxxxx...

Sen. Arlen Specter - On Lou Dobbs Tonight

Today Sen. Arlen Specter is going to on the Lou Dobb's program at 6pm ET. Also, it turns out that there is also a debate in congress today for Senator's immigration bill.

For whatever its worth, just wanted to throw this news out there - not that I'm any fan of Lou Dobbs, and don't give a damn for whatever they do for retrogression, unless they fix the issues with BEC's. I fully concur with our folks here that PBEC is our first foremost problem, and retrogression is latter. I really feel that Lou Dobbs should rot in hell for bringing such a baised/anti-immigrant program to media. "Immigration" seems to be fantasised by giving big keywords on TV such as "Broken Borders", "Illegal Immigrants", etc etc - when these people utterly forgot the very fact that the core footholds of America are based on immigrant's enterprenuership. It seems like the entire context of "Immigration" is swept with some wrong notions.

Please do not start another "Retrogression vs Labor Certification" debate here - I just posted this if anyone is interested to watch this drama unfold on TV. I wish that the labor approval trend like we seen for last couple of days continues. While this wait is utterly a painful one for everyone; but I find solace in age-old proverb "Everything happens for a reason" - may be God has something better in-store for everyone of us.

Just my 2cents !

From Immigration-Law Site
03/08/2006: Full Senate Judiciary Committee at 09:30 a.m. Today Scheduled to Consider Pending Immigration Reform Legislation.

The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to meet at 9:30 a.m. Est to continue detabe on the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Legislation. There are currently several bills pending before the Committee but the detabe has been proceeded primarily based on the Chairman Arlen Specter's markup which we reported earlier. Please stay tuned.

Labor_Fight

Labor_Fight

Can you check with your HR if both approvals are from PBEC?

Thanks

labor_fight said:
Hi All,

I have been an active reader of this forum, heard some news from my company's HR so wanted to share with you all.

I tried but could not get more details like case #, 45 days letter details etc..

Here it is - http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

Look for Section dated - 02/24/2006: Sen. Arlen Specter's "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006" Draft

02/24/2006: Sen. Arlen Specter's "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006" Draft

AILA has obtained and summarized the draft of Senator Specter's draft of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which will be introduced in the Senate Judiciary shortly (March 2, 2006). This is basically a Republican bill that put together various pending bills with some adjustments, such as the PACE Act, McCain-Kennedy bill, and other Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills. We are happy to report that when it comes to the employment-based immigration, this bill incorporates the following key elements:
==> Recapture of employment-based immigration visa numbers since FY 2001
==> Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation of the spouses and children of the EB immigrants
==> Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation for (1) the advanced degree holders in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics with 3 years of work experience in the major fields in the U.S., or (2) National Interest Waiver EB-2. (For comparison with other bills, please revisit our summary report on 08/18/2005 in the Breaking News Archive.
==> Increase of employment-based immigrant quota from 140,000 to 290,000 with the allocations in EB-1=15%, EB-2=15%, EB-3 Skilled Worker/Professional=35%, Other Worker (Unskilled)=Upto 30%, and EB-4 Investor Immigrant=5%.
==> Special green card eligibility for the U.S. Doctorate Degree holders under the new F-4 visa program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with full full-time employment
==> Increase of H-1B annual quota from 65,000 to 115,000 or a market-based increase beyond 115,000
==> H-1B cap exempt for those advanced degree holders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (not limited to the U.S. degree holders)
==> New F-4 visa for those pursuing advanced degree program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with the accompanying benefits of "intending immigrant" in certain cases, special handling labor certification application for immigration, and for the doctoral degree holders in the U.S., green-card eligibility
==> OPT period change for all the F-1 students from the current 12 months to 24 months and off-campus employment opportunity unrelated to the filed of study on or off academic terms under certain conditions.
Unfortunately, the Senator dropped from S. 1932 the provision on availability of I-485 filings for employment-based immigrants during the period of retrogression. We urge the Senator to reinstate this provision in the final draft of his bill before it is introduced to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Community leaders, please urgently contact the Senator's office to urge him to reinstate this provision.
For the details, we will continue the analysis in our Advanced Q&A. Readers may send in the email inquiry on this legislative bill. For the background news report on this bill, please click here.

aamchimumbai said:
I am not sure if I understand this right? Could you provide us with the link of the immigration news letter.........where you found this information.

And, is this in the process to be implemented ?

Thanks

Where if FL in the Queue ???? :confused:
Any thoughts ?

cantstandit said:
I'm pretty sure there are separate queues for different states, for example:

MD = late 2001
NY = late 2001/Jan 2002
CA = may/june 2002
NJ = june/2002

it all goes back to my old theory that they assign batches of cases from a particular state/profession to particular analysts. That would obviously make it easier to check the prevailing rate for several cases at a time, instead of doing case by case for different states/professions.

that's why, in my opinion, we see several approvals for one state, then several for another, and so on ...

PD sept 2002.

labor_fight ...I see you note on approvals from PBEC.
I am on EB3 - RIR and have a PD of sept 2002 from NY.

I still have not received a 45 day letter...it's now been a very frustrating wait..

no news at all of any progress :-(

junelc2002 said:
Holy Moly
First they were sending 45-day letters for Jan. 2002 case, then June 2002, Now Dec. 2002, but where is my 45-day letter? Status check still shows a Txxxxx...

have u checked the status recently ?! all cases in the tracker from NY/june received their letters ...

You are so right

You are so right. DOL will change the timeline when they feel like and we won't be able to do anything.

Bottomline is everyone is hoping that their case will get picked up soon and get cleared without any unwanted pain of closure/RFE.

I have waited 3.5 years already for labor certification and I have no idea how long it will take. Even if my labor were to get cleared next month. I won't get EAD until end of the year I think.

What are the chances of a Sep '02 labor getting cleared next month? Very very slim, I would think. So, I am probably looking at labor getting cleared MAY BE by end of the year and then EAD by spring 2007? Does that sound optimistic/pessimistic/realistic?

USCISisMockery said:
How cooperative is your employer ? I think your lawyer is totally unprofessional. Can you publish you lawyer so that we all stay away from that firm.

Also we all can send message to her to do something about elassr case.

As mentioned above, DOL planned to start PERM in 2003 instead of 2005. It will take DOL less than 1 minute to change that stupid JPG from 17 (today it was 19 right) months to 39 months.

labor_fight said:
Hi All,

Labor, the Apr 2004 approval seems a little off, can u confirm it's 2004 ? also, what's the profession ? maybe it's a special handling case ...

Sahil2002 said:
==> Recapture of employment-based immigration visa numbers since FY 2001
==> Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation of the spouses and children of the EB immigrants
==> Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation for (1) the advanced degree holders in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics with 3 years of work experience in the major fields in the U.S., or (2) National Interest Waiver EB-2. (For comparison with other bills, please revisit our summary report on 08/18/2005 in the Breaking News Archive.
==> Increase of employment-based immigrant quota from 140,000 to 290,000 with the allocations in EB-1=15%, EB-2=15%, EB-3 Skilled Worker/Professional=35%, Other Worker (Unskilled)=Upto 30%, and EB-4 Investor Immigrant=5%.

Unfortunately, the Senator dropped from S. 1932 the provision on availability of I-485 filings for employment-based immigrants during the period of retrogression. We urge the Senator to reinstate this provision in the final draft of his bill before it is introduced to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Community leaders, please urgently contact the Senator's office to urge him to reinstate this provision.
For the details, we will continue the analysis in our Advanced Q&A. Readers may send in the email inquiry on this legislative bill. For the background news report on this bill, please click here.[/FONT]

this is just a proposal at this point. All items are good for us in the long run, but only AFTER we get out of PBEC, except the non-availability of 485 filing during retrogression ... but the fact is that if the other items pass, retrogression will pretty much be eliminated, so that wouldn't matter much.

what it's interesting is that if retro is over, everybody here who can, should immediately file PERM, our old PD's won't matter anymore.

Actually, if you think about it, that will be the "final solution" for the BEC's. People will just shell out more cash for PERM and get out of DOL. If you don't wanna pay, you can wait forever for the old labor, which will be relegated to priority zero. Remember, from the DOL's perspective, they don't "really" have to process certifications in any reasonable timeframe, because it's a NO FEE process. If we were paying a processing fee, like other immigration cases, we'd have a much more compelling case.

That's what sucks ... unfortunately we got caught in a transition phase between chaotic 245i, paper-based LC and PERM ... talk about bad timing ...

I'm gonna talk to my HR again about PERM, maybe it will work out for me.

No

StressTestInUSA said:
Ragini..

looks like our PDs r around the same time..mine is Dec 2002 and 45 letter too around same time..?

Any idea if your case made to Regional before it went to BEC..? also any kind of confirmation after your 45 letter has been replied...??

Hope all of us come of this living hell soooon...

No. It never went to regional and didn't get any confirmation either.