Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

clzeus10 said:
Instead of posting stupid negative comments and interpreting everying to fit your screwed up perspective, you need to really shut up. How the hell did you interpret that I am more worried about retrogression than labor??? Are you that confident ot PBEC's abilities to process things in order?

I am infact least worried about retrogression as I am EB-2 and I am sure in a couple of months dates are going to be close to Oct-02 regardless, so shut the hell up if you don't know what you are talking about.

Thank god at least there are some people who are willing to stand up and do some real goddamn work to make a difference, and I am not taking sides here, be it IV or Immigration Portal, but lazy asses like you are good for nothing.

And btw, with 10 freakin posts behind you, you moron, you think you own this forum and can tell people to go elsewhere? Are you really that retarded?

Next time you open your mouth try not to be stupid, oh wait, may be you were born like that.

Duh

We are not stupids to support iv.org

Beware, PBEC victims don't support iv.org.

It is totally unfair for PBEC victims. iv.org is the group of people who completed their labor or 140, Not considering PBEC at all, which is a big issue in the immigration world. iv.org group worrying about their Green card which stuck with retrogression issue. But PBEC issue is very big and frustrating. The way PBEC working right now, none of us are confident that our labor approval will come out with in a year.

If Retrogression cleared, big loosers are PBEC victims

Sometimes USCIS may remove the priority date cut off without considering DOL backlog. Then all PBEC victims will suffer 1000 times.

For Retrogression any bill passes, we have to face another issue. We should request USCIS not to remove the cutoff date, unless PBEC clears all labor certificates. If iv.org seriously thinking Retrogression isssue, then they are creating another big mess for PBEC victims. They are not considering PBEC at all. Just trying to add the falvour PBEC to gather some more people.

nviren said:
Hi Friends,

My apologies for writing something that deviates from the stated goal of this thread.
But what I am writing is a part of stated goal of each of you: Get GC faster.

By now you must have heard about Immigration Voice, a non-profit organization working to present Congress with legislative and administrative solutions to clean the Green Cards mess.
(http://www.immigrationvoice.org).

Last weekend I attended their all hands conference call. From that it comes out loud and clear that its a well organized and focused effort working towards alleviating our GC pain.
(ConCall for West Coast members today: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2280#post2280)

Within two months of founding the organization they have close to 1000 members and have raised about $40000.
This is not some flash in the pan efforts.

They have a very committed core team, teams working on different aspects of organizing and mobilizing the support for EB GC reforms.

The org has contracted a reputed lobbying firm Quinn Gillespie Associates to garner support for GC issues with lawmakers and the media. It has been producing results. For a sample of the results please read http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277

The grass root mobilizing effort is also very vibrant. This mail is part of that.

As you would know, the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman's markup for immigration reform is under discussion by the committee from today. The full immigration reform bill might be tabled in Senate on 27th March this year.

So you see, we do not have much time left to mobilize people and money. Hence please acts, and act fast, in your own self interest.

Join IV and contribute money, time and efforts.

Read an average Joe plain financial justification to contribute here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2302#post2302

This is the time for us to make the lawmakers and media aware of our existence and the pain.

Thanks,

nviren

PBEC is a regrogression of its own kind. We have to worry about it first than anything else. Even if the visa numbers become current, it is of no use to us if we are stuck here for another couple of years.

It is so frustrating to see people with recent PDs of 2004/05 getting labor approved at DBEC or thru PERM while many of us from 2001/02/03 are burning in the PBEC hell. I think only the lawsuit can help us to get out of this.

LALOO_PRASAD said:
Beware, PBEC victims don't support iv.org.

It is totally unfair for PBEC victims. iv.org is the group of people who completed their labor or 140, Not considering PBEC at all, which is a big issue in the immigration world. iv.org group worrying about their Green card which stuck with retrogression issue. But PBEC issue is very big and frustrating. The way PBEC working right now, none of us are confident that our labor approval will come out with in a year.

If Retrogression cleared, big loosers are PBEC victims

Sometimes USCIS may remove the priority date cut off without considering DOL backlog. Then all PBEC victims will suffer 1000 times.

For Retrogression any bill passes, we have to face another issue. We should request USCIS not to remove the cutoff date, unless PBEC clears all labor certificates. If iv.org seriously thinking Retrogression isssue, then they are creating another big mess for PBEC victims. They are not considering PBEC at all. Just trying to add the falvour PBEC to gather some more people.

GUYS

[B]DO NOT SUPPORT IV.COM . THEY ARE LEAST CONCERNED ABOUT PBEC. INFACT NO BODY CARES ABOUT PBEC RIGHT NOW.

SUPPORT RETROGRESSION UNLESS EVERYBODY IS CLEARED FROM PBEC[/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
My labor is in DBEC but in a worse situation compared to most PBECers. I am NON RIR. There people hanging around from 200o in this queue.

I think IV.com can still benifit us. The immigration reform bill is not just about retrogression. More importantly its about increasing the quota. The low quota is something that will choke us all.

If we fail to motivate or lobby then we will keep getting screwed by interests that support illegals. Look at the 245i Life act for example. We will keep suffering from its after effects for many years to come.

tanveer666 said:
GUYS

[B]DO NOT SUPPORT IV.COM . THEY ARE LEAST CONCERNED ABOUT PBEC. INFACT NO BODY CARES ABOUT PBEC RIGHT NOW.

canonrir said:
My labor is in DBEC but in a worse situation compared to most PBECers. I am NON RIR. There people hanging around from 200o in this queue.

I think IV.com can still benifit us. The immigration reform bill is not just about retrogression. More importantly its about increasing the quota. The low quota is something that will choke us all.

If we fail to motivate or lobby then we will keep getting screwed by interests that support illegals. Look at the 245i Life act for example. We will keep suffering from its after effects for many years to come.

Guys,

Scenario 1
We support the fight for retrogression and retrogression goes away, all the guys who applied after perm came into effect starts to apply. lots and lots of applications will go in front of us. assuming we wait for 2 years (if not 18 months) for labor approval, we have to wait for another year or so to clear the queue in front of us in 485 stage, we don't get EADS and our educated spouses with work experience also wait not having to work for no fault of theirs. our employers and others continue to take advantage and exploit us.

Scenario 2
We support the fight for backlog elimination. it clears in 18 months if not less. at the rate at which the retrogression is moving, we apply for 1485 and 140 simultaneously, get our EAD and let our spouses work and start to lead a good life.

upto you guys..

I appreciate your patience in reading this..
thx

tanveer666 said:
GUYS

I think that between

1) rot in PBEC for a year then get through I140/I485 fast

and

2) rot in PBEC for a year then rot even more on I140/I485 stage

I would definetly choose 1), even if it means some lucky guys will reach the endpoint (i.e. actual GC) two times faster then me.

I don't think there'll ever be an option

3) hold all I140/I485 processing until PBEC is done

so there's no reason to waste hopes on that.

That's absolutely true. I will not support anything else except PBEC mess cleaning related. I will mail the check to labordrag's campaign and I will drag more and more PBEC victims to support the law suit again PBEC.

Xipe Totec said:
I think that between

1) rot in PBEC for a year then get through I140/I485 fast

and

2) rot in PBEC for a year then rot even more on I140/I485 stage

I would definetly choose 1), even if it means some lucky guys will reach the endpoint (i.e. actual GC) two times faster then me.

I don't think there'll ever be an option

3) hold all I140/I485 processing until PBEC is done

so there's no reason to waste hopes on that.

Please don't support any random immigration issue. Some might hurt you instead of benefiting. For example immigrationvoice.org campaign. There is nothing in store for PBEC victims. It deals with i140 and 485 issues and I am sure by the time we are out of BEC, everything will be smooth sailing. Personally I think retrogression is good for us.

So please don't support immigrationvoice.org till their primary issue is PBEC

clzeus10 said:
I have already raised my concerns with IV that they need to bring the BEC issue to the forefront and believe me it will happen, there is a lot going on in the background it is just that their postings don't reflect that and that needs to be changed.
QUOTE]

Can you tell me when they will change it ?

Till we see PBEC listed as primary issue on immigrationvoice.org, there is nothing much for iv here, atleast not on this forum. I promise to contribute to IV, if I see them raising awareness about BEC.

Employment based green card is for permanent relationship with
the employer. Isn't that meaningful these days. 5+ years for labor and
another 2-3 years for I-140&I-485 clearance..

I am about to file 7th year extension, but my division appears to be
in trouble. Is there a way to switch to another company , given that
the current staus is based on pending labor cert applied by current
company ?

--------------------------
CA, Nov.2002 RIR
Damn! It landed at Phily
instead of going to Dallas.

USCISisMockery said:
Please don't support any random immigration issue. Some might hurt you instead of benefiting. For example immigrationvoice.org campaign. There is nothing in store for PBEC victims. It deals with i140 and 485 issues and I am sure by the time we are out of BEC, everything will be smooth sailing. Personally I think retrogression is good for us.

So please don't support immigrationvoice.org till their primary issue is PBEC

Yeah, right, and how many of us actually will take a trip to Capitol Hill and do something? I know I wouldn't. One of the three IV founders is stuck in PBEC as well, if you read about them carefully. Enough anymosity and division!! I supported them in full faith and I strongly encourage everyone else to do so on a regular basis.

ANIANTCHEV said:
Yeah, right, and how many of us actually will take a trip to Capitol Hill and do something? I know I wouldn't. One of the three IV founders is stuck in PBEC as well, if you read about them carefully. Enough anymosity and division!! I supported them in full faith and I strongly encourage everyone else to do so on a regular basis.

We don't need to take a trip to Capitol Hill to get PBEC moving... that's the reason we are moving with the lawsuit... anyway, it's interesting to know that one of the founders is from PBEC... mmm...but then.. why is PBEC issue not in their agenda???

If he is more interested in Retro issues then PBEC issues.. doesn't mean everyone has to follow him, right??

With a cleared I140, we can switch jobs if we like while maintaining PD or at least we can be assured that we will get our GC one day... But without even leaving PBEC... our lives are at stake here.. We have greater things to worry about then the retro dates right now..

A suggestion

There are people who talk and there are people who do. So here is my game plan, might work or might not work.

I have been setting google alerts on keywords such as "immigration" and "legal immigration". Every evening I get an email of the list of articles published that address immigration.

Second step, I read the article, try to get the sense of the person who wrote it. We are all educated enough to understand the sentiment behind the article. If I think that the person is worth contacting, I send an anonymous email (since it is not my place to be in public yet) listing the problems with PBEC and a link to the first page of this forum. The email is 3 paragraphs and can be read in no time.

Sometimes I get a reply and I have been in touch with certain authors and certain people trying to explain whats going on. It may or may not turn into anything, but at least I tried.

What is the point of this post you may ask. In the amount of time it takes you to read this post, you could have contacted someone in person or anonymously. It does not take much, but the fact remains, if you do not help yourself, noone will help you.

ANIANTCHEV said:

I am a PBEC victim and I don’t want to remain in this state for long. I am not against IV or any other forum, I am not against removing retrogression either, but it has to be done in stages, when BECs clears 2002 cases let the dates move to Dec 2002 when they clear up till march 2003 cases, let it move to march 2003, when 2004 cases are cleared let it move to Dec 2004 and so on….otherwise friends, nobody will care to help us get out of this mess.

There could be some of us here who have PD in 2002 who have all the rights and reasons to fight for retrogression removal, their labor will get cleared within 6 months but if retrogression is removed in stages then all of us including those applied in 2002 and also 2003, 2004 and 2005 will benefit and this I think is the most fair and impartial decision that can bring justice to everyone.

Great Idea

vik002 said:
There are people who talk and there are people who do. So here is my game plan, might work or might not work.

I have been setting google alerts on keywords such as "immigration" and "legal immigration". Every evening I get an email of the list of articles published that address immigration.

Second step, I read the article, try to get the sense of the person who wrote it. We are all educated enough to understand the sentiment behind the article. If I think that the person is worth contacting, I send an anonymous email (since it is not my place to be in public yet) listing the problems with PBEC and a link to the first page of this forum. The email is 3 paragraphs and can be read in no time.

Sometimes I get a reply and I have been in touch with certain authors and certain people trying to explain whats going on. It may or may not turn into anything, but at least I tried.

What is the point of this post you may ask. In the amount of time it takes you to read this post, you could have contacted someone in person or anonymously. It does not take much, but the fact remains, if you do not help yourself, noone will help you.

This is a great idea, and you would feel happy that you made a difference if you read this......after i read your post iw as reading nytimes, and saw an article on immigration, clicked on the author's name (nina bernstein), anad saw that she usually writes about immigration issues, so on her page clicked on her name and sent her a quick e mail, with a link to our forum.

All it took was my coffee break..