Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Confusion/doubt about priority date

Hello all,
I have basic doubt :confused: about priority date.
Here are my case details.

State Labor(Pennsylvania ) Filed : Oct 2003
Went to Federal : Aug 2004
45 day letter received : Jan 2005
Reply(for 45 day letter) sent : Feb 2005

So which is my priority date.

Date of state filing

ramana_pasula said:
Hello all,
I have basic doubt :confused: about priority date.

Originally Posted by ramana_pasula
Hello all,
I have basic doubt about priority date.

=====
Your priority date is Oct 2003

Ladude
PD CA,july 2002

Pd

ramana_pasula
I would say OCT03
PD is the date of acceptance for processing. ETA state before sending to Regional or BEC :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You, I will be sending from my gmail account. I hope I will get some reply....

san27geet said:
My email content was in below format sent to H1B7YR H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US]

Can you please respond with verification that the below application has been pending for more than 365 days.

Below are the details of my labor app

First name: XXXXX
Last name: XXXX
Alien address - XXXXX
Employer Name: XXXXX
State filed - Philedelphia, PA
Labor filed on: December 5, 2002
Regional filed on: August 25, 2003
Received 45 Days letter: December 28, 2004
Replied back on:January 07, 2005 (As of now more than 90 days)
ETA Case Number: P-XXXXX
Attorney name - XXXXX
Attorney firm - XXXXXXX

liaoguoxf said:
hi san27geet,
my LC has the same dates and region as those of yours. did you ever get response from PBEC? thanks

State filed - Philedelphia, PA
Labor filed on: Jan 6, 2003
Regional filed on: Sept 9, 2003
Received 45 Days letter: December 30, 2004
Replied back on:January 03, 2005
best,
liaoguoxf
NOPE no response.....filing for my H1B 7th year extension. Whats funny is that even Vermont is working like PBEC. My H1B receiept date is 9/1 and today the dates were updated they are still processing 8/13. Last update was on 11/18 and then dates were 8/6. Imagine in 20 days just a week's progress. Now I have to pay money for premium processing as I am traveling overseas on Jan 13th....so need to have H1B. Man.....INS is just milking money. I sugget we should start with some concept like INS loan for 3 years to 5 years.

Can anyone draft a good letter for me or point me if it is already drafted, in which there is a detail of what type of injustice/problems are we facing?

I want to send it to the editors of most of the news paper of the world.

Thanks in advance.

NoMoreSilence said:
Hi Guys,

I have been watching Backlog Center's drama since long. I know that some of the active and knowledgeable members are working very hard to find any solution. But still we have not got any direction to get justice, even on humanitarian ground. There is nobody to hear/understand our pain at BEC/USCIS. Our petitions are rejected by the court. There is nobody, nobody in this world who is interested to get us our rights except us. Nobody can pressurise/ask US authorities for this injustice. In this situation, if we make the whole world aware of our problems, it might have SOME impact.

Most of the people living in our country talk about number of H1 visas declared by US. They keep track of this number and discuss about it only. They do not know anything about what happens next once we are here. So I strongly believe that, if we make the world know about all these injustices, it might draw attention of US authorities, who claim that US is a free country.

To achieve this, we need to send letters/emails to editors of all the prominent news papers, media people, any means of communication to people like TV, radio etc of outside US. Everyday, we receive/send some funny emails from and to our friends. So consider few more in it.

I am not a good writer but I know there are some good knowledgeable writers in this forum. If they come forward and draft this information with all detailed statistics, we can start sending letters/emails to the world.

Please think ten times about this. Let the world know about what we have been suffering here.

These are just my 2 cents.

What do you think?

not a bad idea

I appreciate the idea of writing letters and I am sure it works. I tried to write to the senators and they got back to me! I told about the PBEC mess! They inquired at PBEC..But seems PBEC gets controlled by no one as they give the wrong statitics to whichever authorities ask. Like in my last conversations, I was told PBEC is working on 2002 cases, but we know they are working on NO cases..welll, I did not have anything to prove otherwise. We should have stong statistics to prove our point whenever we write.
The thing is, there is no publications by PBEC on what they are doing, how much they did and it seems they are not bound by any guidelines ar timelines.
So, the authorities believe what they say.
But if all the people (too optimistic ??) write to the authoritites about the problems faced by us because of the delays by PBEC, I am sure it should invoke action by them to push the PBEC to act fast.
Along with writing to editirs, even we should write to the Secretary of Labor Deptt with all of us puttinng our signatures alongwith some varifiable basic info. Because if only one individual writes, even if it is for all, they try to focus more on the indivisual's details.

This is just my thinking....

NoMoreSilence said:
Can anyone draft a good letter for me or point me if it is already drafted, in which there is a detail of what type of injustice/problems are we facing?

I want to send it to the editors of most of the news paper of the world.

Thanks in advance.

H1-B Travel

Hi San27Geet,

When you come back in Jan, can you update your journey here? I am planning to travel as well, but am afraid of the security check delay we may have to face when coming back.

san27geet said:
NOPE no response.....filing for my H1B 7th year extension. Whats funny is that even Vermont is working like PBEC. My H1B receiept date is 9/1 and today the dates were updated they are still processing 8/13. Last update was on 11/18 and then dates were 8/6. Imagine in 20 days just a week's progress. Now I have to pay money for premium processing as I am traveling overseas on Jan 13th....so need to have H1B. Man.....INS is just milking money. I sugget we should start with some concept like INS loan for 3 years to 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 B Travel

I also plan to travel in Feb of 06 to India. I am on my 7th year. Should I get it stamped in Canada before go? Or is the process risk free. If there is risk can somebody let me know what the issues are?

Response from H1B7YR

I have a question. Is the eta case # changed from T to P only after 45 day letter has been generated???

I got the status reply from philly today showing the case # with P and some other fields also being filled. Fields left blank were Occupation Title, Occupation Code , Prevailling Wage.

As far as i know, my lawyer hasnt received the 45 day letter yet.

Thanks,

PD: 05/13/2003
NJ SWA
ETA# P-05139-25*** ( was T- 05139-25*** )

I tried writing to the senators...even had a meeting recently (this week)with the representative of the senator.They came back emphathizing on the situation but there was nothing they could really do_Offcourse they are busy in their attempt to legalize the illegals (vote bank!!) and increase the h1b numbers (election funds!!).
Wrote to lots of news channels,magazines in the last 3 months..most of them did not even get an acknowledgement from them saying that they got the email.I guess they are more interested in reporting on stuff what is more interesting to the citizens.
Spoke to higher officials in the company about the delays and asked whether they could do something from their side to speed it up...no positive response from them.
The maximum all these folks could do it to emphatize saying that they understand the issues.But nobody seems to have the power,willingness to work in trying to resolve the issue.As you stated DOL can throw some lame explanations at them and shut them down.
Offcourse our attorney friends are more worried about increasing the visa numbers and H1B numbers.They dont care about BECs.Infact they can best represent our situation in any forum.But they wont.

All we can do is wait expecting a miracle in PBEC or go by PERM.

ben123 said:
I appreciate the idea of writing letters and I am sure it works. I tried to write to the senators and they got back to me! I told about the PBEC mess! They inquired at PBEC..But seems PBEC gets controlled by no one as they give the wrong statitics to whichever authorities ask. Like in my last conversations, I was told PBEC is working on 2002 cases, but we know they are working on NO cases..welll, I did not have anything to prove otherwise. We should have stong statistics to prove our point whenever we write.
The thing is, there is no publications by PBEC on what they are doing, how much they did and it seems they are not bound by any guidelines ar timelines.
So, the authorities believe what they say.
But if all the people (too optimistic ??) write to the authoritites about the problems faced by us because of the delays by PBEC, I am sure it should invoke action by them to push the PBEC to act fast.
Along with writing to editirs, even we should write to the Secretary of Labor Deptt with all of us puttinng our signatures alongwith some varifiable basic info. Because if only one individual writes, even if it is for all, they try to focus more on the indivisual's details.

This is just my thinking....

You should be happy about it

You should be happy about it, because this means your case has come out of partial entry.
PBEC entered more entries now. T-means temporary (partial entry) and P-means I think permanent (full entry). There are some empty fields, because PBEC may not like to communicate them to you.
Next, you should be getting a 45-day letter.

ln1976 said:
I have a question. Is the eta case # changed from T to P only after 45 day letter has been generated???

I got the status reply from philly today showing the case # with P and some other fields also being filled. Fields left blank were Occupation Title, Occupation Code , Prevailling Wage.

As far as i know, my lawyer hasnt received the 45 day letter yet.

Thanks,

PD: 05/13/2003
NJ SWA
ETA# P-05139-25*** ( was T- 05139-25*** )

I m in 7th year H1B. 8th year extension is pending. My 1-94/H1B expires in Mar 2006. If I do not get the 8th year approved before Mar 2006; Do I have to leave the country?

Atlanta case in Philadelphia

I am holding E-1 Visa and applied for green card.

Eta number P-05013-2****

Case submitted in Atlanta, GA. by C.T. October 02, 2003.

Date of Acceptance for Processing: October 06, 2003

45 Days letter continuation letter posted by Philadelphia BEC: September 15, 2005

Confirmation faxed back by applicant: September 22, 2005

Called BEC on December 09, 2005 (484)-270-1500 and they acknowledged receipt of continuation letter but are not allowed to give out any timeframes for next processing steps. Anybody more news on processing dates? :confused: