Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Count me in. Really appreciate your work. a-z.
a_to_z_gc said:
All,

I just spoke with Rajeev Khanna's office and explained him the situation with following highlights:

1) Sending letters/faxes to Senators/Congressmen/women is not working
2) Emails/letters to DOL officials is not working
3) Media news articles haven't worked out so far.

They feel that litigation is the only way. They feel that letters/faxes to Govt officials like Senators won't work given the current attitude towards immigration by Congress.

They have asked me to summarize the situation in an email and send it to them highlighting the issues/statistics etc. They shall have an internal meeting with Rajeev Khanna and comeup with a strategy. I shall be calling them again , maybe on Friday to touch base.

Two things:
1) Be ready for a class action suite and for this please be ready to contribute some money.
2) Can someone please summarize the issues alongwith statistics(if any) for me. I have seen some really good summaries here,that shall help me send it to them in concise way.

I understand it's difficult time for all of us.Let's be focussed and alert.

Thanks.

May not be right

MDwatch said:
Just got off the phone with Philly BEC. Very nice lady talked to me and she told me that they are sending out 45 day letter for PD towards end of 2003. She said it would not take very long before they reach 2004.

Regarding the actuall certification she said she had no clue. When she started they told her it would take 3 to 4 years to clear the backlog !!! :mad: That is so outrageous. She also said that the pace picks up sometime but then it goes back to an awfully slow pace ... she didn't say why :confused:

So whatever the reasons we have to fight this !!! We can't wait another 2-3 years !!!!!

Hi MDWatch. Thanks a lot for your efforts in contacting them. It is really hard to get those guys over phone and get some answers.

But what she said may not be right. Mine is Oct 15, 2002 case from NJ and it still has "T" number. If you observer the DBEC cases, they have "D" number even for 2004 cases. So sending 45 day letters for 2002 and 2003 cases may not be right at least for another 6 months?

Sorry if I sound pessimistic.

cantstandit said:
the decline in approvals coincides with the end of partial data entry (October). After that, it seems they decided to use all resources to do the full data entry (more than 100,000 cases ?) ... and that will take a LONG time ... there's NO other explanation (I don't believe in conspiracy just to screw us over).

what bothers me is that they don't HAVE to enter data from 2003 to process 2001/2002, and they don't HAVE to enter 2004 to process 2003, because at this point, they ALREADY have all cases temporarily entered, so they KNOW which cases are from 2001/2002/2003, etc.

Why don't they split the teams, so that 75% would adjudicate, while 25% would work on the data entry ?!

their decision to stop everything to enter ALL cases is a total disaster and and insult to our intelligence.
Why don't you believe it is a conspiracy? I am sure the time they spend on data entry (first round, second round ...) for each case is probably more than they are going to use to process it. It is such a joke.

Caliber said:
Hi MDWatch. Thanks a lot for your efforts in contacting them. It is really hard to get those guys over phone and get some answers.

But what she said may not be right. Mine is Oct 15, 2002 case from NJ and it still has "T" number. If you observer the DBEC cases, they have "D" number even for 2004 cases. So sending 45 day letters for 2002 and 2003 cases may not be right at least for another 6 months?

Sorry if I sound pessimistic.

Just wanted you guys to know that my PD is 2004 and i got my 45 day letter In may,so did 2 of my freinds so i dont know what method they are following.I think it is nothing but random

Count me in too, for contribution, if we go ahead with litigation.
I have an email from one Dsatish somewhere (I'll ask him and take his consent, of course, before giving out his mail id to someone else)... he is one of the main guys who had organized the fund-raising effort lst time for 485 delays. Those guys had set up an excellent system where you could contribute using paypal or credit card. I'm sure he'll be glad to help out regarding setting up bank accounts and other financial and legal details for collecting contributions. Rajiv Khanna would have have that expertise anyway though..
But what we need is someone (or rather, a group) who can do the legwork.. meet Mr. Khanna or any other person like Dsatish, go to the banks/lawyers etc.. that is the critical area where it is all to easy to fall short. (If is easier to pay online than sacrificing a weekend driving to Washington and Philly - though even that is hugely important!). I wish I could help in that - I'm not in US at the moment.
We need to get organized and move fast..

Count me too, Let's start ASAP. Let's hope good news atleast in the new year.

1.PD. Nov'2002 MD Never Made Regional,
2.PD. Jan'2004 PA RD Feb'04 Replied 45day on 03/04.

Count me in

Contacted Rajiv some time ago about the litigation. At that time, he said there is no guarantee things will improved. Anyway, I guess this is the right time to start the legal process against DOL. Count me in...!

aycy
NJ June 2002
RIR EB 2
45 day letter Sep 12'05
:D

Lets do it as a concerted effort... we shall come up with an excel spreadsheet with a list of all the folks who say yes... this way we know our strength.. We can borrow the one from Justwatching or create a new one... what ever do from now onwards, we shall track it in the spreadsheet... this way we can count on what each of us are doing and if all the folks in the list have done.... Any thoughts?

- Kiran

Great Initiative !
Count me in .....willing to contribute...
lets get more and more people contributing....

Here is what we have to do :

a) Create a excelsheet of people who back this initiative....
b) Setup a system to contribute money e.g. paypal
c) may be create assign these tasks to teams: database team- creating database and tracking system for people.Accounting team- taking care of money part etc...

Just some thoughts...!

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

I just spoke with Rajeev Khanna's office and explained him the situation with following highlights:

They feel that litigation is the only way. They feel that letters/faxes to Govt officials like Senators won't work given the current attitude towards immigration by Congress.

They have asked me to summarize the situation in an email and send it to them highlighting the issues/statistics etc. They shall have an internal meeting with Rajeev Khanna and comeup with a strategy. I shall be calling them again , maybe on Friday to touch base.

Two things:
1) Be ready for a class action suite and for this please be ready to contribute some money.
2) Can someone please summarize the issues alongwith statistics(if any) for me. I have seen some really good summaries here,that shall help me send it to them in concise way.

Thanks.

Good suggestion! I was thinking in those lines. You may initiate some background work,but I would say, let me get Rajiv's response and strategy,before we start this effort. I am going to talk with his attorney this Friday again and shall post the findings.

But one thing is for sure- The more people/contributions we have, the better it would be for all of us.We may even need to contact people who are not part of this forum to get the word across.But again , please hold on till we know some more details...

Stay tuned for my next update...

Thanks.

javaconsultant said:
Great Initiative

Count me in .....willing to contribute...
lets get more and more people contributing....

Here is what we have to do :

a) Create a excelsheet of people who back this initiative....
b) Setup a system to contribute money e.g. paypal
c) may be create assign these tasks to teams: database team- creating database and tracking system for people.Accounting team- taking care of money part etc...

Just some thoughts...!

What we should ask for

Count me in too...

What we should ask for from DOL if we file a lawsuit?

What is doable. What is acheivable.

Please share your ideas.

a_to_z_gc said:
Good suggestion! I was thinking in those lines. You may initiate some background work,but I would say, let me get Rajiv's response and strategy,before we start this effort. I am going to talk with his attorney this Friday again and shall post the findings.

But one thing is for sure- The more people/contributions we have, the better it would be for all of us.We may even need to contact people who are not part of this forum to get the word across.But again , please hold on till we know some more details...

Stay tuned for my next update...

Thanks.

cantstandit said:
the decline in approvals coincides with the end of partial data entry (October). After that, it seems they decided to use all resources to do the full data entry (more than 100,000 cases ?) ... and that will take a LONG time ... there's NO other explanation (I don't believe in conspiracy just to screw us over).

what bothers me is that they don't HAVE to enter data from 2003 to process 2001/2002, and they don't HAVE to enter 2004 to process 2003, because at this point, they ALREADY have all cases temporarily entered, so they KNOW which cases are from 2001/2002/2003, etc.

Why don't they split the teams, so that 75% would adjudicate, while 25% would work on the data entry ?!

their decision to stop everything to enter ALL cases is a total disaster and and insult to our intelligence.

Actually the sad part it is that these fkers haven't even completed partial data entry for 2001/2002 cases. There are stack of files in some warehouse with applications for NY and NJ.

Regarding class action, we should remember that its been thought about many times here and then dropped. SO before we ask people for support, we should check with Rajiv if its feasible option. I vaguely remember in one of his meeting, he said it takes around 25 grand to file a class action, am I right ?
If thats correct, we need atleast 150 supporters and most crucial is how soon it can be filled. Moreover someone mentioned about creating database, I think yahoo group is perfect place for this initiative. Yahoo group has many such tools and moreover the effort will be properly concentrated there instead of justifying our effort to naysayers here.

Sorry if you are hurted by the curse words but I can't help, I have to vent it out somewhere :) Isn't you admire F and B words when you hear it from "50 cents" ? Isn't civilized people watch hollywood movies where F word is spoken as frequently as "ji" in bollywood movies :)

TechGuy said:
Count me in too...

What we should ask for from DOL if we file a lawsuit?

What is doable. What is acheivable.

Please share your ideas.

We can argue that if DBEC can do it with same number of resources why can't PBEC ?

Before arguing that we need confirmation that DBEC is working around late 2003 SWA cases (and not just regional cases).

I agree with you.... the more people we have ...better it is for our effort...cost wise and impact wise as well.

once we know if this is an feasible option(after a_to_z's talk with Rajeev Khanna) , we can start gathering support
thru yahoo group...

Also I was thinking that to have a effective group effort,we should contact each other by email and PHONE. The effort would be more effective if we have real names and can talk to each other over phone.

Let me know your thoughts on this......

USCISisMockery said:
Actually the sad part it is that these fkers haven't even completed partial data entry for 2001/2002 cases. There are stack of files in some warehouse with applications for NY and NJ.

Regarding class action, we should remember that its been thought about many times here and then dropped. SO before we ask people for support, we should check with Rajiv if its feasible option. I vaguely remember in one of his meeting, he said it takes around 25 grand to file a class action, am I right ?
If thats correct, we need atleast 150 supporters and most crucial is how soon it can be filled. Moreover someone mentioned about creating database, I think yahoo group is perfect place for this initiative. Yahoo group has many such tools and moreover the effort will be properly concentrated there instead of justifying our effort to naysayers here.

Sorry if you are hurted by the curse words but I can't help, I have to vent it out somewhere :) Isn't you admire F and B words when you hear it from "50 cents" ? Isn't civilized people watch hollywood movies where F word is spoken as frequently as "ji" in bollywood movies :)

javaconsultant said:
I agree with you.... the more people we have ...better it is for our effort...cost wise and impact wise as well.

once we know if this is an feasible option(after a_to_z's talk with Rajeev Khanna) , we can start gathering support
thru yahoo group...

Also I was thinking that to have a effective group effort,we should contact each other by email and PHONE. The effort would be more effective if we have real names and can talk to each other over phone.

Let me know your thoughts on this......

I have no problem dealing with real name, infact yahoo group planned pizza party and I whole heartedly will attain it, if it turns out.

I agree having personal communication is effecient, but IMO, its not effective.

We get more markeatablity and exposure by discussing our efforts in the forum rather than phone (or Private messages). Also people will shy away if they think it as a commitment.

I agree, to start the effort we need closed knit Committee. Once it starts, let it get loose and expand.

This is my first post.Long time lurker on this forum . Please count me in for any contribution.

Leoraj
CA , RIR, EB2
PD Oct 22,2002
RD 09/09/2003
45 day letter sent 03/15/2005
Case # P-04323-XXXXX

Thanks for your effort

Thanks for your effort a_to_z_gc, There is a letter that was sent to Mr Rajiv Khanna few weeks ago by one of the member in the yahoo groups.

Are you member of the pbec yahoo group ?. Let me know ff you want me to send a copy of the letter

a_to_z_gc said:
All,

Two things:

Thanks.

Idea of closed knit committee seems good !

Lets have a committee...also communicating thru forum seems a better option than thru phone....

Lets coordinate and get this effort going........

USCISisMockery said:
I have no problem dealing with real name, infact yahoo group planned pizza party and I whole heartedly will attain it, if it turns out.

I agree having personal communication is effecient, but IMO, its not effective.

We get more markeatablity and exposure by discussing our efforts in the forum rather than phone (or Private messages). Also people will shy away if they think it as a commitment.

I agree, to start the effort we need closed knit Committee. Once it starts, let it get loose and expand.