Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Any idea what happened in senate....

regarding being able to file for 485 even if dates are not current. www.immigration-law.com reports that the senate approved increase in H1B quota as well as accepted that the spouses and children will no longer be a part of quota measurements. What happened with the 485 filings minus priority dates being current for a price of $500

Sameer

not that i know any mid of 2003 applicants from atlanta got 45 days letter :confused:
LCKY2004 said:
Just wanted you to know ,a-plicants from atlanta have got 45 day letters.I got mine In may 2005.

And my PD id june 2004

For Caliber

Caliber,
I do not disagree with Mockery at all as far as PBEC expedition is concerned. I am only saying that people who have earlier PDs of 2001 and mid 2002 may benefit from release of visa numbers as, in my opinion, however slowly PBEC works they should get an approved LC within the next one year.

Caliber said:
Supposing your labor PD is 2004. There are people who get their LCA approved in one month in PERM and can apply for GC. By the time your LCA is approved, if all the GC numbers are finished, will it be not a concern for you? While we may worry about GC and retrogression, what Mockery says is that put more efforts on LCA and I feel it is justified. Sorry to disagree with you.

Sammer,

U can filer for 485 ONLY is visa numbers are available - that has been the problem - the bill does not change anything.

msp1976 said:
I have started to appreciate what Mockery has been saying all along...
It is very likely that the visa numbers would again become current or progress substantially.but without labor all that is bull**** . All perm guys would again start using up the numbers..We should concertrate on the PBEC and not worry about the visa numbers....Each year they come up with some visa numbers one way or the other.....The labor dept. is the one really got us by the short and curly....

Hi All

How the PERM Guys can use the Visa Numbers . If some Visa numbers are available or Recaptured then the Dates for EB2 & EB3 are not going to be Current ( 2005 & 2006). Most of PERM guys must be having Priority Dates of 2006. They cannot use anything out of the Current Movement as the Visa Dates will move from say 1999 to 2001 or 2002 with that recapturing.

One problem though could be that if it moves to 2001, all APR 2001 regularization cases which are approved recently will use them soon. However somehow they are in the Queue before us. Atleast they have to move ( with or without Visa Recapturing) and then only we all wil be free ( 2002 to 206 Cases)

What is the process to make this as Law?

Guys,

What would be the next steps to make it a law? And how long will it take?

NJGCMar03

sameer2730 said:
The news says AILA confirmed Senates decision. How long will it take to become a law?

Letter to Senators

Folks,

I have been a lurker on this forum for quite some time. As far as my details go, here they are

State - PA
EB3 - RIR
Priority Date - February 2002
Regional Data - June 2003
45 Day - December 2004

Since then I have head nothing, also the lawyer also refuses to initiate an inquiry into the status saying that, "All it will do is annoy the certifying officer!!".

Anyway, here is a letter that I had mailed to Senator Specter last week before the Senate Judiciary Hearings on October 18. Seems like nothing came out of it, but I would request you folks to modify the letter below according to your liking and then sending it to the different senators. I am in the process of doing the same.

I believe until and unless we highlight and get some pressure put on DOL the mess that PBAC(Accumulation Center) has created will basically haunt us for quite a while.

Dear Senator XXXX,

I am an international employee working for XXXXXXXX as a XXXXXXXX since last X years. XXXX has a strict policy of hiring international workers only if it is unable to find suitable US workers. I am writing to you to make you aware of a situation that is happening now with respect to the Labor Certification Process that is handled by the Department of Labor.

XXXX filed my petition for immigration in XXXX. As part of the immigration process, the Department of Labor has to certify that there is a shortage of people with a certain set of qualifications. The Labor Certification process is composed of two stages. The first stage is handled by the XXXX State Workforce Authority(SWA). My application was approved by them around XXXX. In the second stage, this application was then forwarded to the Department of Labor office based in Philadelphia for review. Since XXXX, I did not hear anything about my application till XXXX. On XXXX, I received an email from XXXX lawyer mentioning that they received a 45-day Continuance Letter from the Department of Labor Backlog Elimination Center in Philadelphia about my application.

After reading on the web, I found that around the June - July 2003 timeframe, the Department of Labor office in Philadelphia was shutting down and as a result no action was taken on this and hundreds of thousands of other applications that were sent to this office. The explanation given by the Department of Labor for not acting on these applications was that they were creating two new centers called Backlog Elimination Centers, one based in Philadelphia and the other based in Dallas, which would adjudicate these applications.

Presently, as i understand it, there are probably more than 300,000 applications that are pending with the Department of Labor.

The two centers, one in Philadelphia and the other one in Dallas received applications from all the states. The breakdown is given on the DOL website. The link is http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp.

These centers instead of functioning as Backlog Elimination Centers are probably working as Backlog Accumulation Centers. There is no transparency in the process.

According to DOL, these centers were supposed to adjudicate applications based on the dates when the applications were received by the DOL. However in this regards the Dallas Center is way ahead of the Philadelphia Center. The Dallas Center is processing applications that were filed around March - April 2003, whereas, with the Philadelphia Center there is no idea as to what applications it is currently processing.

Also mentioned on the website is the fact that the DOL estimates the the entire backlog of applications would be cleared within 24-30 months with adequate resources. Looking at the way things are going, it does not seem that these centers will be anywhere close to finishing off processing these applications within the timeframe given by the DOL.

Since XXXX, I have not received any status information for my labor certification application. I have already waited XXXX years for getting a labor certification and there is still no estimate on how long I will have to wait. On the top of that, there is visa retrogession now which makes the whole situation more fuzzy. Now dates for getting the green card have gone back to January 1998.

Please note that between the time when a petition is filed and it is approved, the law doesn't allow the petitioners to change job descriptions. In other words, I have to pass any promotions offered at my job. I have already kept my career on hold for the last xxx years.

Since I have joined this company, I have seen multiple positions similar to mine lying vacant. It is a no brainer that green card delays and restrictive H1B quotas are proving detrimental to this outstanding company.

I would be grateful if you could ask the DOL Secretary, the Honorable Secretary Chao to shed some light on the Labor Certification Process during the course of your hearings that are coming up on October 18, 2005.

I have heard that during the hearings there is also a proposal coming up that includes the following:

- Recapture of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
- Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
- Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression

I would be grateful to you if you support this proposal as this would alleviate some of the wait involved in the entire immigration process.

Sincerely,
XXXX

BEC screen shot missing status column

Have anybody received the “BEC screen shot” with the “status” column? I am trying to get the status and every time it is missing from the response. Earlier it used to send me the status but not anymore.

PD: 05/02/2003
RD: 10/15/2003
State: Texas
45 Day’s letter received on: 12/17/2004
Certified : Waiting ……?

Prefix "T-"

Can anyone telll what is the prefix "T-" stands for in the ETA Case number.
I have seen "P-" may be for Philly and "D-" for Dallas.

I don't know if this is asked by some one earlier, Would be great if some
could answer this.

Thanks

sameer2730 said:
The news says AILA confirmed Senates decision. How long will it take to become a law?

Sameer2730,
This should approve in senate and later President should sign to become law. It may take couple more months.

sameer2730 said:
485 even if dates are not current.
Please do not be confused by all the news floating around regarding passing of new bill. This is only a proposal to Senate. It needs to be approved by Senate and Congress and the by President. It's final form may be much different from present suggestions.

And we still have PBEC to clear....

Please Refrain...

crystalcat said:
Why do you need your status? your PD is 2003 and you know you have to wait, fool!
Please refrain from using bad words. You are not the authority to brand some one as Fool or Stupid. Please do not take it badly as every one is in same worse situation. Thanks for understanding

Preimum Processing for LCAs at BECs, just an idea!!

I wish if a senator would have suggested to process LCA at BECs within 6 months by paying a premium fee of 1000$ :) Here everything comes down to dollars and cents!! They need resources, go & get the resources, we gonna be paying!!

bigbang2001 said:
Please do not be confused by all the news floating around regarding passing of new bill. This is only a proposal to Senate. It needs to be approved by Senate and Congress and the by President. It's final form may be much different from present suggestions.

And we still have PBEC to clear....

Caliber said:
Please refrain from using bad words. You are not the authority to brand some one as Fool or Stupid. Please do not take it badly as every one is in same worse situation. Thanks for understanding

All,
This is really disgusting, and these people should be really thrown out of
this forum or at the very least should ignore such ppl and should not
respond to any of their queries/questions if and when they post.

Thanks

crystalcat said:
Why do you need your status? your PD is 2003 and you know you have to wait, fool!

Every one is as anxious and frustrated as you are with what is happening to their cases. Please curb your anger and do not vent out your frustration on others. Of course any body in their right frame of mind would like to check their status to find out what is going on with their case. It is a very frustrating time for all of us, and some go through different, challenging situatations than others, so please be more supportive to each other.