Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mine is RIR

I did a request back in early august , it showed RIR ...

Dont bother to check again.

vsaxena said:
When exactly did you get the screenshot? I got it on
tuesday and my sattsu was blank.

Yes Blank Status

vsaxena said:
hey How_Long,

Could you please find out about the BLANK STATUS on the screenshot?

I got a blank status too. What does it mean? Send another mail to check yesterday. No response yet.

smallriver said:
I got a blank status too. What does it mean? Send another mail to check yesterday. No response yet.
When exactly did you get the 'BLANK STATUS'? what is your PD?

Please do reply!

Need Actions!!!

USCISisMockery said:
I lost hope for the members of this forum. I along with few member were shouting and begging for support in June/July/August to raise awareness about BEC. But alas, most of us don't care or don't believe in raising their voice or most importantly we belive its not our right to raise our voice. Biggest obstacle against raising awareness effort is to get rid of mentality:
"if 500 people are actively raising awareness, what difference it would make if I don't participate. After all it will benefit me, why should I care"

I am encouraged by yahoo group and am too the member of it. My only gripe with it is: their efforts are too broad, I think at this stage we need to narrow down contact persons and focus on single issue and not to mingle retrogression, BEC issues together.

Hey USCIS, well what exactly should we do. Do you have any suggestions? I would suggest, we do a movement (a silent protest rally), let's say one in Bay Area, One in DC, One in NY, so on and so forth. At least the local news and cable networks can cover us. Once we are on one channel, other channels will most likely want to telecast us as well.

Case Status:
PD: 08/01/2002 - CA-RIR-EB3
RD: SFO/DOC - 06/23/03
45-day letter: 03/25/05
BEC status: ????

This is funny!

I sent one request on Sep 15th. did not get any reply.
Sent another one on Sep 27th 5:55P.M PST and got the reply on Sep 28th 6:05AM PST.

However, while I am typing this message, I got a response for the email I sent on Sep 15th. Here it is!

This is in response to your inquiry on your pending application for Foreign Labor Employment Certification.

Please note that this email address is to be used to request information for the purpose of indicating to USCIS that a permanent certification case is pending for those aliens who have H1B visas due to expire and require extension. Because of the volume of cases being processed at the Philadelphia Backlog Center, case status information can not be provided for other cases. Also note that replies to this message will not be acknowledged.

Thank you,
The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
H-1B Visa Extension Information Team

U.S. Department of Labor
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

vsaxena said:
When exactly did you get the screenshot? I got it on tuesday and my sattsu was blank.

USCISisMockery said:
I lost hope for the members of this forum. I along with few member were shouting and begging for support in June/July/August to raise awareness about BEC. But alas, most of us don't care or don't believe in raising their voice or most importantly we belive its not our right to raise our voice. Biggest obstacle against raising awareness effort is to get rid of mentality:
"if 500 people are actively raising awareness, what difference it would make if I don't participate. After all it will benefit me, why should I care"

I am encouraged by yahoo group and am too the member of it. My only gripe with it is: their efforts are too broad, I think at this stage we need to narrow down contact persons and focus on single issue and not to mingle retrogression, BEC issues together.

US, check your private msg

Mockery,

You are right. I am with you in the frustration about this group,which apparently does not want to participate in any effort to make noice or any other awareness effort.

I sat in local Congressman's office for hours,before I could meet him and tried to explain the current pathetic situation.He has promised to raise voice in Congress.But I am just the only one,looks like...

What you mentioned about everyone thinking alike is called "Free Ambulance effect".It means is that if city is planning to provide an ambulance in a locality and is asking for funds, then very few will standup and pay for the benefit of everyone.Majority of the people will think that if it's a common cause, someone will surely work on the funds and eventually we will benefit.

Something similar happens here too.Everyone on this forum is frustrated with the BEC and it's delays but everyone thinks that since it's a common issue, why do I need to do anything,someone will do something and eventually I shall get benefitted...

Just my thoughts,I shall continue to fight for everyone.I have contacted few lobbyists in DC area.

Thanks.

USCISisMockery said:

a_to_z_gc said:
Mockery,

You are right. I am with you in the frustration about this group,which apparently does not want to participate in any effort to make noice or any other awareness effort.

I sat in local Congressman's office for hours,before I could meet him and tried to explain the current pathetic situation.He has promised to raise voice in Congress.But I am just the only one,looks like...

What you mentioned about everyone thinking alike is called "Free Ambulance effect".It means is that if city is planning to provide an ambulance in a locality and is asking for funds, then very few will standup and pay for the benefit of everyone.Majority of the people will think that if it's a common cause, someone will surely work on the funds and eventually we will benefit.

Something similar happens here too.Everyone on this forum is frustrated with the BEC and it's delays but everyone thinks that since it's a common issue, why do I need to do anything,someone will do something and eventually I shall get benefitted...

Just my thoughts,I shall continue to fight for everyone.I have contacted few lobbyists in DC area.

Thanks.
I am with you guys. Please contact me at rao.dulla@gmail.com
I registered for this forun long time back bu never participated in the discussions.
I see that the BECs are not processing the cases in FIFO.
If you want to make a petition to the local Senators or Members of the Congress, let us do it.

USCISisMockery said:

very true...that is kind of attitude our guys have...They think 'If something good happens..it will happen to me too..why bother ' kind of an attitude, but they dont understand it is not a tiny group effort...After all these postings we had...we see so many postings, no one is really bothered what we are crying for ..!! and I am sure there are many more silent viewers...our 'ramayan' is our ramayan....

my question..if we post a private message does it go to their personal account too..? We need to even catch How_long... if he is around...

The yahoo group is too big ang they are focusing on many issues..I think we teamup Statewise and send letters to senators and make them aware of all this. Very few of these citizens here know all the circles we need to go thoru for the PR here..

Lets do our best...I will lookout for someguys from NewYork and any one around from NY in this forum pls invlove...

Thanks a million

Finally my case got reopened!

Hey Guys,
FYI.
Finally I received my case reopened letter from PBEC. PBEC has erroraneouly closed my case by saying that they didnt get my 45 day letter response!!!. I know couple of people in this group had same problem, hope this new info may relieve them a bit! It took almost six months for them to reopen..

Thanks
--------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/2002
RD: 8/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

i checked the status and in screen shot that I got the field "case status" is blank. earlier last time when I tried , it said "incomplete"
rest every thing is same . processing type is "RIR" even though my case it TR.

If "case status" is blank rather than incomplete --does it mean any thing ?

Please advise

Hi guys,

My wife was on H1 until 6 months back & she did not apply for GC.Since I'm on 7th yr she had to switch back to H4. Here is the situation..
My friend is leaving the company & his GC is pending for more than an year with the company.Recd. 45 day lr.

Is it possible to change the name & use it for my wife to get 7th year extension?

Thanks

The retrogression is the bigger problem now compared to this BEC mess. At the current rate it will take at least 2 years for the retrogression to get to August 2002, i.e., my PD...I am seriously considering going back home now. Life is too short to be wasted in this mess. I'm sure this is the hint I was looking for...

I am with you!

Hi guys,

I am with you for any action that may help awareness of the backlog issue. I have tried to contact DOL, congressman and senator's office, but it would be much more effective if we can collect let's see 100 more signitures. I believe Spidey has collected some signed letters, but he stopped doing it after he got his LC approved.

I don't mind write a draft over the weekend and receive signed letters from you guys. Let's act.

USCISisMockery said:

Nobody knows what is happening in BEC and with the visa numbers.
Probably we will have to wait for few months before we can have a clear picture. Once all the cases in BEC is entered fully in the database, they will publish a time frame (who knows how long will it take to do that).
Also it seems like there are thousands of cases from april 2001, which still need to be adjudicated. Now does all these cases from april 2001 fall into EB3 category?
If that is true than visa numbers for EB3 will not progress at all. Now how come there are so many EB3 for april 2001?
Does anyone here know who these people are?
I don't see a lot of people in this forum with a PD of april 2001.
Also came to know from this forum that there are approximately 89500 cases pending in BEC. Now what happend to the rest of the cases?
Or this 89500 is not correct.

Blank Status

vsaxena said:
When exactly did you get the 'BLANK STATUS'? what is your PD?

Please do reply!

The status field from the 7th Yr reply screen shot was completely blank (used to be RIR). My PD = Oct/2001 from MD. RIR, EB2. Do you know what it means?

7th Yr screen shot was used by many to check their status and by removing status field BRC wants to discourage it.

smallriver said:
The status field from the 7th Yr reply screen shot was completely blank (used to be RIR). My PD = Oct/2001 from MD. RIR, EB2. Do you know what it means?

Thanks everyone for giving some support...

First of all we shud believe in ourselves that something will work out if we put in our 100%, we can't give up even before we fight. We need to cheer ourselves, no one will do that for us. I know we get pissed off and regret why we even came to this country at times... But now that we are here and we are the fateful ones stuck in this shit we need to come out it. All these years just passed by trying to sort of establishing ourselves and now we are in the dilemma of packing back or hanging on each single day is a big torture.

I just now read in the techgroup that someone in Florida I guess spoke to their senator and he was put to an immigration guy, he said they are aware of the scene and will work up, right now Katrina etc is their priority..Atleast that is a good sign we are being heard..

Mockery was stressing about AILA ..to be honest I dont know what AILA does. We shud basically work out on talking/mailing/faxing or whatever with the senators.

Rallies etc will not help any bit..I think its a big waste of time, we dont want a flash news for a second and be forgotten. We have to target AILA and Senators and pin point our issues.

So, let us start off on drafting the letter giving a clear message of our problem and take tel# and emails of all the senators we need to ...

If all of us put atleast sometime this weekend HomeWork and try to do something practical this week, we may have some peace of mind.

Also if anyone has any letter already drafted pls provide here, so it will help everyone..We need to stress at what is happening at the BEC, why no FIFO, we need a timeframe when our cases will be touched and we cant remain in the dark..

Any new strategies..ideas whatsoever are very welcome. It is a team effort, so please silent viewers too participate...Needless to say it is for the good of all of us...

I think that focusing on the issue for our H4 dependants will gain more with the senators. Our wives/husbands put their lives and careers on hold for us and now, what they thought was going to be a year or two on hold is turning into 5, 6 or maybe 10. Also all of our children, who were Elementary school students when we came on H1's are now graduating High School and cannot work. Even is they are going to college, working part time is an important part of growing up. We H1s are tied to the same job and employer, but at least we are continuing our careers.

I don't want to start an uproar by saying this but I am glad for the retrogression. I was getting angry that PERMs were getting approved in 60 days and going to flood the 140/485 step. Particularly because I couldn't risk switching to PERM being in the 7th year.

I believe that the retrogression is simply a method put in by USCIS to stop PERMs jumping the FIFO queue. I believe that the retrogression date will move forward as fast as BEC can process LCs. Hopefully it will jump to June 2002 by next month.

I believe the focus should be on clearing the BEC backlog and giving our H4s the right to work. Not all H4s, because that would never get through. Just H4s that are dependants of a pending LC.

Once BEC backlog is being properly addressed by adding workers to BEC, then fight for more workers for USCIS to process 140/485 stage. At least this will keep the FIFO.

Of course, if I was a PERM, I would be fighting like the Yahoo group is, but I'm an RIR PBEC lost in the red tape of DOL.