Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Latest PBEC status PDs as of APR/MAY 02

That info is based on the approvals on this forum. It seems like there have been a whole lot of april approvals posted. I haven't seen any May approvals yet. Though I might have missed it.

One quick request for those posting approvals.

Please clearly indicate if you applied RIR or NON-RIR and in what category you applied - EB 1/2/3. This information would help the rest of who track the progress everyday. C'mom it is just an additional few words that could make a world of difference for the rest of us. You can do it.

thanks

SN4GC said:
How do you know that PBEC is processing Apr / May 2002 ? Are u guessing based on the recent approvals or is there any other source / News with you

Thx
SN
;) ;)

I think you can file it through PERM

msabir said:
As some of you guys know more about it than some lawyers, so here is the question for you:

When I filed my labor, it was under RIR EB3 (VA July 2002) as I did not have MS or 5 yrs experience. Now, I have finished my MS and also have more than 5 years experience. Is there a way that a smart lawyer can move it from EB3 to EB2 using some justifications/work arounds, etc?

If you file EB-2 under PERM and if it's approved through PERM, you can use your earlist priority date, which is your EB-3 priority date, to file your I-140. But before you do PERM, have your lawyer make sure that it's a seperate labor filing, which means it's NOT identical to your EB-3 job description. Good luck!

No, no, no...... Don't open that Pandora's box

csrini1 said:
My idea was for people whose screen shot shows certified and did not get the approval yet(hard copy) or with FEb/march 2002 PD and from VA, where we saw most of the approvals are.
What is the harm in submitting the 140/485, if the lawyer is helpful, rather than waiting for how long(no body knows) to get atleast EAD.
By submitting 140/485 without the approval, worst case is, application will be rejected....

I agree with you on one thing: if the sreenshot shows the approval but hard copy not received yet, yes, it's not bad idea to file I-140 & I-485.

But, if you file I140/I485 w/o labor cleared, it will hunt you in the future by the following procedure: 1) I-140/I485 will be denied, 2) when your labor is cleared and you file I-140 again, guess what? Your application will be sent to the same officer who denied your case in the first place, then the chance for you to get your I-140 will be slim.

My opinion is as following: don't worry about the I-485. Apply PERM if possible. File I-140 after the labor is cleared. Then under the new regulation, you can get your EAD and your AP. Anyway, even you got your I-485 filed, you will still be waiting in the que due to the retrogression. The only merit coming out of concurrent filing is that you can change your employer after you submit your I-485 over 6 months.

Am I right, gurus?

Make sure you are applying for similar jobs

If you are applying through PERM it is imperative that your new perm job should be exaclt same or close to your original EB3 application. Otherwise you cannot reuse the PD. I would consult an attorney.

su5su said:
If you file EB-2 under PERM and if it's approved through PERM, you can use your earlist priority date, which is your EB-3 priority date, to file your I-140. But before you do PERM, have your lawyer make sure that it's a seperate labor filing, which means it's NOT identical to your EB-3 job description. Good luck!

Benifit of retrogression

One benifit of retrogression for us stucked at BPC is FIFO may became true. At least who take 3 days trough PREM can't go ahead us take 3 years through BPC.

Where did u get this information? My understanding was that u cannot get EAD until u file for I-485? Is it a new rule? does it apply only for PERM?
If yes, can u post the link?

su5su said:
I agree with you on one thing: if the sreenshot shows the approval but hard copy not received yet, yes, it's not bad idea to file I-140 & I-485.

But, if you file I140/I485 w/o labor cleared, it will hunt you in the future by the following procedure: 1) I-140/I485 will be denied, 2) when your labor is cleared and you file I-140 again, guess what? Your application will be sent to the same officer who denied your case in the first place, then the chance for you to get your I-140 will be slim.

My opinion is as following: don't worry about the I-485. Apply PERM if possible. File I-140 after the labor is cleared. Then under the new regulation, you can get your EAD and your AP. Anyway, even you got your I-485 filed, you will still be waiting in the que due to the retrogression. The only merit coming out of concurrent filing is that you can change your employer after you submit your I-485 over 6 months.

Am I right, gurus?

Need Help!

Hi all,

I need a big favor. Do any of you know a good consulting co in VA within 40 miles radius of Manassas.

You see I also work for a comsulting company in Virginia. My employer is planning to close down the company and I am in the midst of GC process . EB2
rir 2002.

I checked with my lawyer and he says that since my labor has not been approved, I can transfer my LC to a new company but it needs to be in VA

I have a long term client who will be willing to sign contract with new consulting company. Can you recommend to me your company. I do not live in VA so it is very difficult to find consulting co in VA over the net.

As I am in a time crunch, I would really appreciate your timely respond... I am sending out as many request as possible. A name, contact no. and a website is all I need.. I can call them to work out the details. Send me a PM.

thanks,
GCVA2002

GCVA2002 said:
Hi all,

I checked with my lawyer and he says that since my labor has not been approved, I can transfer my LC to a new company but it needs to be in VA

GCVA2002

GCVA2002 -

Clearly I'm not the lawyer, but I would question your attorney on how he plans to do this.

The LC belongs to the employer not employee so what your lawyer is suggesting seems unlikely.

GCVA2002 said:
Hi all,

thanks,
GCVA2002

su5su

GCVA2002, its impossible you can move your labor across employer, thats against the inherent nature of the application.

su5su, you can't file 485 without visa numbers, and no 485, no EAD.

Can someone correct me.

Hi

JustWatching said:
GCVA2002 -

Clearly I'm not the lawyer, but I would question your attorney on how he plans to do this.

The LC belongs to the employer not employee so what your lawyer is suggesting seems unlikely.

Obtaining LC is not for the employer too... it is for the Job for that employer who is engaged in specfic LOB. since some other company is showing interest to provide an opportunity for the same job duties that too in the same Vicinity(no concrete range), it is possible this is only subjected to the condition that the previous employer is not engaged in the same Business activities anymore. This is to protect Job opportunity. But there is a lot of paper work to be done also the attorney should have good rapo with DOL for this to proceed.

DISCLAIMER: All statements above are opinions and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law.

Or...

Or maybe it is just a way to get some contact information and build up a contact list. That is devious. :rolleyes:

I saw the list of no. of filings since Apr 2001, seems like the wait for someone like me, who has PD in mid 2004, will be FOREVER. I might as well let my sibling apply for my immigration. Does anyone know at what stage is 485 filed in that case (sibling filing for immigration) ? :confused:

Enjoy.... :cool:

Thanks for the explaination..

aprlc2002 said:

Obtaining LC is not for the employer too... it is for the Job for that employer who is engaged in specfic LOB. since some other company is showing interest to provide an opportunity for the same job duties that too in the same Vicinity(no concrete range), it is possible this is only subjected to the condition that the previous employer is not engaged in the same Business activities anymore. This is to protect Job opportunity. But there is a lot of paper work to be done also the attorney should have good rapo with DOL for this to proceed.

DISCLAIMER: All statements above are opinions and cannot be brought under any jurisdiction of law.

I have already consulted a very competent attorney.. It is possible in my case.. but I have to act very fast.. please help..

That was not very nice

nimraj said:
Or maybe it is just a way to get some contact information and build up a contact list. That is devious. :rolleyes:

I saw the list of no. of filings since Apr 2001, seems like the wait for someone like me, who has PD in mid 2004, will be FOREVER. I might as well let my sibling apply for my immigration. Does anyone know at what stage is 485 filed in that case (sibling filing for immigration) ? :confused:

Enjoy.... :cool:

I am serious about the matter. Help if you can.. Anyway, what can one do with a updated list of employer in VA???

Hi GCVA2002
One of my friend is working for some company, that is in VA, i will find out and let you know, it is very big company.

GCVA2002 said:
Hi all,

I need a big favor. Do any of you know a good consulting co in VA within 40 miles radius of Manassas.

You see I also work for a comsulting company in Virginia. My employer is planning to close down the company and I am in the midst of GC process . EB2
rir 2002.

I have a long term client who will be willing to sign contract with new consulting company. Can you recommend to me your company. I do not live in VA so it is very difficult to find consulting co in VA over the net.

As I am in a time crunch, I would really appreciate your timely respond... I am sending out as many request as possible. A name, contact no. and a website is all I need.. I can call them to work out the details. Send me a PM.

thanks,
GCVA2002

Thanks buddy..

veluru said:
Hi GCVA2002
One of my friend is working for some company, that is in VA, i will find out and let you know, it is very big company.

Thanks veluru,
the company has to be about 30 - 40 miles radius of Manassas, VA

New Information from PBEC

Hi Guys
I just want to provide an update information about the processing at PBEC. They are pretty much done with entering the partial information in the database, and are sending out 45 days letter at the rate of 300 letters at day, so you can do the math here as to how long will it take. People who already have recieved the 45 days letter and are waiting for the decision to be happen , will still have to wait as PBEC has only the force of 100 people doing all the work and out of that hundered only few are processing the applications for final approval.
Another factor that may cause delay in our labor is H5 visa, as if that is approved in congress , DOL has to take care of that issue also.
Another news, Cant decide good or bad, is that, starting for this sepetmber new management has taken over the PBEC as the old management was not its job as expected. Hopefully these new people make some difference.

Hopefully things work well
GOOD LUCK TO ME AND TO ALL

TOT BATOT

immi2003 said:
Hi,

My friend's employer has filed LC in may 2003 (non-rir, eb3 category through philadelphia). Now he got his 7th year extension. Another company has offered him a good position and willing to sponsor GC. If at all he changes his employer will he gets the advantage of extension?Any suggestions...

thanks
Hi,
I am in the same situation. As per my understanding, the first thing to do would be to transfer the work permit (in our case H1B). When you friend leaves his current employer, the H-1B would lapse immediately. So the first question to ask is whether there is a way to transfer H1B visa from one employer to another when you are in your 7th year extended period. My intuition says no.
An alternative - the new employer files his perm application and then extends his visa based on that (don't know the details - how) - All Before he joins the new place. Now I am not sure if such a plan of action is feasible.
Let me know in either case as to what you do. Wishing your friend good luck !
Thanks

tot-batot said:
Hi Guys
I just want to provide an update information about the processing at PBEC. They are pretty much done with entering the partial information in the database, and are sending out 45 days letter at the rate of 300 letters at day, so you can do the math here as to how long will it take. People who already have recieved the 45 days letter and are waiting for the decision to be happen , will still have to wait as PBEC has only the force of 100 people doing all the work and out of that hundered only few are processing the applications for final approval.
Another factor that may cause delay in our labor is H5 visa, as if that is approved in congress , DOL has to take care of that issue also.
Another news, Cant decide good or bad, is that, starting for this sepetmber new management has taken over the PBEC as the old management was not its job as expected. Hopefully these new people make some difference.

Hopefully things work well
GOOD LUCK TO ME AND TO ALL

TOT BATOT

I am not sure if I understand the update correctly. How does H5 visa impact backlog centers? I didnt know that Backlog centers also handle H visas.
There is a provision in the proposed bill that will allow H5 visa holders to apply for GC. But the hat processing will be handled by the new PERM process and not by BEC (I thought BEC is not taking no new applications).
Is this one of those other excuses by DOL to drink Margaritas in middle of the day?

PBEC= Philadelphia Backlog Exacerbation Center
First, it was that illogical 45-day letter. You wait for ever, and when they finally get to your file, instead of processing it asap, they send that freaking letter to make sure you still want to continue, waiting even more time and adding to the bureaucracy. Whoever came up with that idea should be tried and sentenced for gross stupidity and incompetence. Now, partial data entry? What the heck is that? Not only they did not set-up an automatic file transfer between the Regional servers and theirs, they are not entering the data completely? Can someone pleeeaaase explain why? What are they missing, specially in RIR cases like mine where they have all the info possible? What is the logic (ah ah) behind that 'partial' data entry? Any info is appreciated....