Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Rajal said:
No updates from me. Frustration is no more as I am finishing 6 years by March and all my tears are consumed already. I know there are seniors to me. But locked up in a black hole is as bad as dead.

Rajal
NJ EB3 Oct 2002
NO 45 days letter
I am starting my 8th year of H1B. One of my friends is into his 9th year... (Far worse than your case)

Atleast they should learn to treat every foreigner equal in giving legal status. Some will get a GC in one year and for some, it takes 10 years.

They should have a same rule for every one.

RIR, NJ, 09/2002, No 45 day letter

chinglun said:
we are all foreigners on foreign land... we are not the highest prioprity on the list (i beilieve ) ...

At least , we have a legal chance to become resident of USA . Comparing to other countries, this is still a good place for foreigners .

wait and wait ... if you do not like it , you can go home anytime . Nobody forces you to stay here .

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to file for my 9th year in Jan 2006.Frustrating.

GoodCard said:
I am starting my 8th year of H1B. One of my friends is into his 9th year... (Far worse than your case)

vine95050 said:
Can you give us the details of the case that was approved, like Regional Date, State, 45 day letter details etc.? Thanks a lot!

Both cases were RIR filed from Virginia and made it to Regional in 2003. Both cases recieved 45 day letters from PBEC in February 2005. My attorney won't give me any more details on the cases.

cantstandit said:
hi Palnatic, can u share your case id (first 5 digits) ?

we're trying to understand how they're generating the idiotic letters ... it looks like it's pretty random, which makes no sense at all ..

thanks !

My case number is P-05193-153XXX

In the beginning ,

I also wished the same thing ... my friend got GC in 1.5 year in 2000-2001 (SF/CA) he even got laid off three times and fortunately, his timing matched in each transition, he is so lucky ...and I am still waiting like many of us here .

I was so $%^^@ to see my case stuck in CA for so long without any movement but slowly , my attitude changed , it is not the end of the world that GC came slow .(only concern for most people here is job security or money ...)

USA will not make certain rule for this . All of us know , this is not the highest priority for current administration ... this is what I feel ...
and we all know after 911 , tighter immigration rules were applied and enforced . It is not as easy as before ...

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Atleast they should learn to treat every foreigner equal in giving legal status. Some will get a GC in one year and for some, it takes 10 years.

They should have a same rule for every one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sb41!

sb41 said:
Both cases were RIR filed from Virginia and made it to Regional in 2003. Both cases recieved 45 day letters from PBEC in February 2005. My attorney won't give me any more details on the cases.

hopefully, we see some movement for 2002 this month...

sb41 said:

45 Days Letter Received (NY, jan 2002)

The lawyer just received and answered to the 45 Days letter.
Case stats:
NY
PD- Jan 2002

Hopefully..

It seems like the current 2002/3 movement is focused on MD and VA cases or for Regional PA cases only. I'm thinking about 2001 cases especially from NJ and NY. What's happening to them? NJ/NY's applicants' frustration is totally understandable.

Maybe another round of media or congress awareness? But we should wait for the Katrina news to stabilize.

dont think so

they are not focusing on any state ...I am not able to guess too now...

my pd is aug 2001 from MD...still I didnot hear anything..

Priority dates @ PA BEC

Hi All, My SWA application was filed in NY on Aug 2003. Does anyone know what are the current priority dates at PA BEC??

Thanks

- NVNR

palnatic said:
My case number is P-05193-153XXX

APRC2002, can you make some sense out of this ?!

Palnatic's PD is 2003 from NY, and he just got the letter, while a lof of people from 2002 are still temporary ... mine for example is T-05129. How can that be !? are they generating letters at random ?!

I'm so sick and tired of this, I'm thinking of activating plan B: Canada.

USCISisMockery said:
I sent email to status@phi.DFLC.US , no response,
email to info@phi.DFLC.US bounced back with auto-reponse: they couldn't provide case statu at this time.
I don't want to send email to h1b one because I read somewhere (also aprl2002 mentioned ) that it MIGHT affect your application if its not genuine inquiry.
This is insane, after 3 years they can't even provide proof that they have our application. ITs possible one of the box spell over and droped in Delaware river while transfering from Trenton to Philly.
This is just unbelievable. Whats more troubling is that they (DOL) don't seems to care. If they did, they would come out with where they are at currently, whats their future plan.

USC, you're using the wrong email addresses.

You should email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, and say in the body/subject that you need proof for 7th year (if you just say you want status, they'll ignore it).

hope it works, they usually reply in a matter of hours ...

don't wait for plan B.. Canadian GC is simple & straightforward to get..and also good backup .. I got it within one year.. go for it before your H1 expires

cantstandit said:
APRC2002, can you make some sense out of this ?!

Palnatic's PD is 2003 from NY, and he just got the letter, while a lof of people from 2002 are still temporary ... mine for example is T-05129. How can that be !? are they generating letters at random ?!

I'm so sick and tired of this, I'm thinking of activating plan B: Canada.

cantstandit said:
USC, you're using the wrong email addresses.

You should email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, and say in the body/subject that you need proof for 7th year (if you just say you want status, they'll ignore it).

hope it works, they usually reply in a matter of hours ...

Using this email when you don't need the proof is not recommended. It might prevent some people who really need it to get it on time. I know it is frustrating and resisting the temptation is not easy but we will eventually succeed :D

hopelessNJ said:
don't wait for plan B.. Canadian GC is simple & straightforward to get..and also good backup .. I got it within one year.. go for it before your H1 expires

Can you start a thread to explain how to proceed for the canadian GC ? (papers, cost and so on...)

Thanks a lot
:)

That's a good advice. Actually, I started my Canada GC application 11 months ago. To me, the long wait for an US GC will be ending soon----either I will get the LC and then file the I-140 in the next one year, or I will just sell my houses, cars, whatever I have here and then move to Vancouver, Canada. Well, life is short and time is swift. Either way, I just want to make sure that my families are happy and worry less.

MDwatch said:
Can you start a thread to explain how to proceed for the canadian GC ? (papers, cost and so on...)

Thanks a lot
:)