Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

pennwaiting said:
I am sure you did not talk to a "lady" there. My best guess is it was a answer machine. Why there are ladies only on the other side anyway.

Do you want to bet on something? :D

Final Review PD 03/22/2002

My details
PD: 3/22/2002
PBEC Recieve Date: 09/14/2004
ETA # P-04258-04XXX
EB3 - RIR - VA
Case Status: Final Review

Hope it will be cleared in 3 weeks.
Gopal

This was posted in murthy.com

Hi, my lawyers just recvd the 45-day letter and are processing it.
NY; May 2002; RIR; EB2

I wanted to understand the process a little better and would appreciate your response.

1) What happens once you receive the 45-day letter? My understanding is that my company has 45-days to respond and confirm that they still want to proceed. Is that accurate?
2) What happens once the response is sent? Does it go into a queue at the Philly BPC again?
3)Any idea on how long it usually takes for the decision (approval) to come through after they receive the response to the 45-day letter?

LongLongAgo said:
Hi Can you cut & paste the text from the link, i cannot access the link from my company, (it is blocked for some reason)

LongLongAgo
RIR/EB2,NJ,04/2003, No 45 day letter
WAS

sunkav said:
Hi Guys,

Received an NOF on my case, good news is that Phily is processing even without sending 45 day letter, bad news is that my case may be denied unless my attorney can work some magic.
Here is my case NOF details in a nut shell..

my understanding is that in 2003 we changed the profile/skillset provided in 2001 based on directive from state labor office (one too many skills and they wanted that reduced to key skills alone) . Now in federal labor stage it has been identified that some of the applicants interviewed in 2001 fit the 2003 amended profile.

Gurus, if anyone has experienced the pain please provide inputs. I have till Sept 15'th to file an answer.

Regards,
Sunkav
Your case is really very disturbing.. why don't you quote the state labor department to federal authorities explaining why you had to revise your skillset in 2003. Also explain how the interested applicants were percieved as not up to the mark in 2001 when compared against your original ad.

ScorpioB said:
I share a view I have seen in another forum: the T-05... case numbers are completely bogus. They still have boxes and boxes of unopened petitions and will not go through the hassle of looking for your case when they receive a query they have to reply to (ie, politician's office). So, what are they doing, to make it look "official"? Just making up this case number with the current julian date anf throw back at you the information you've provided! I will bet you if you come back with that case number only, they will be unable to provide you any information. This is just for people like me who have that T-05.. case number; it does not mean sh..
Does the BEC exist? Who is replying to our 7th year emails - is it Uncle Sam or may be Lord Krishna?
ScorpioB - I think you have been misled. 'Dont lose your sanity in frustration'.

Thanks buddy for the post.

If I remember right, before the applications were moved to BEC, NJ state was at May 2002?. Did they just take 9 months to just enter the data?. I am quite confused as to what they acheived by moving to BEC?. Can some one give a hint as to how long it would take for my LC to get cleared.
EB2/RIR/NJ/April252003. My H1b is expiring May 2006 and what would be the right time to send email to H1b7YR?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
This was posted in murthy.com

Hi, my lawyers just recvd the 45-day letter and are processing it.
NY; May 2002; RIR; EB2

I wanted to understand the process a little better and would appreciate your response.

1) What happens once you receive the 45-day letter? My understanding is that my company has 45-days to respond and confirm that they still want to proceed. Is that accurate?
2) What happens once the response is sent? Does it go into a queue at the Philly BPC again?
3)Any idea on how long it usually takes for the decision (approval) to come through after they receive the response to the 45-day letter?

WAS

Temporary case numbers

I think Scorpio does have a point here. I think what BEC does for cases which are in unopened boxes is that they assign a temporary case number and enter it in the system. They might just do some basic checking using some migrated data of applicants' list from the states. When they find the actual case file from the box they will either ignore the temp number or search for the person's name + company info to get the temporary case number from the system and add the info there. Otherwise, why do they have cases starting with T at all? They can just have cases starting with P or D and put in a case status of "Incomplete" or something. Cases starting with "T" seem to be as good as unopened cases. Ofcourse, this is a speculation and pros like Icarus might be the right people to answer the question. Or someone who has contacts with the "nice" ladies at BEC. :)

justdoit said:
Does the BEC exist? Who is replying to our 7th year emails - is it Uncle Sam or may be Lord Krishna?
ScorpioB - I think you have been misled. 'Dont lose your sanity in frustration'.

T-05 is genuine in my case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioB
I share a view I have seen in another forum: the T-05... case numbers are completely bogus. They still have boxes and boxes of unopened petitions and will not go through the hassle of looking for your case when they receive a query they have to reply to (ie, politician's office). So, what are they doing, to make it look "official"? Just making up this case number with the current julian date anf throw back at you the information you've provided! I will bet you if you come back with that case number only, they will be unable to provide you any information. This is just for people like me who have that T-05.. case number; it does not mean sh..

njhorrors said:
Dude it will be the most shocking thing if this were true. For my 7th year , I did get more information back than what I sent them. it does seem genuine to me.

If someone sends request for screenshot with bogus info , will they give a T number for that !!? If someone can prove this, we can sue the PBEC.

Guys, I don't think the T number is vogus. I sent an e-mail in June requesting for confirmation of labor cert for my 8th year extension. I only gave them my name and which year/month I applied. The screen shot showed my company name, date applied and other info I didn't provide them. So in my case I T number is genuine.

Gopal - good for you. good luck.
How did you get your status?

Seems like PBEC is processing cases from VA and Maryland.

mvrgopaal said:
My details
ETA # P-04258-04XXX
EB3 - RIR - VA

Gopal

Omar

The number may be genuine in the sense that someone who did not apply for a labor will not get a number back (hopefully) but it still might be an unopened case for which the number is generated using a lookup from the state DOLs. I hope its not the case but is there a way to find out why it starts with T at all for some of the cases?

In my case also, I did not provide a priority date in my mail but the screen shot was showing correctly my PD.

Either they partially have entered the data or have an information from a computer systems at corresponding states.

I also do not agree .

Omarx said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioB

Guys, I don't think the T number is vogus. I sent an e-mail in June requesting for confirmation of labor cert for my 8th year extension. I only gave them my name and which year/month I applied. The screen shot showed my company name, date applied and other info I didn't provide them. So in my case I T number is genuine.

Gopal,

That's good for you.

Can you tell me when did u recieve ur 45 day letter ?

SN

mvrgopaal said:
My details
ETA # P-04258-04XXX
EB3 - RIR - VA

Gopal

Atty working..

The atty is working on creating a response..atty/legal are going through all the case documentation that they have to come up with an appropriate answer...if they do not reply by Sept 15'th, "intent to deny" would be final verdict...there also is a clause which states that the labor application cannot be withdrawn.

GoodCard said:
Your case is really very disturbing.. why don't you quote the state labor department to federal authorities explaining why you had to revise your skillset in 2003. Also explain how the interested applicants were percieved as not up to the mark in 2001 when compared against your original ad.

mvrgopaal said:
My details
ETA # P-04258-04XXX
EB3 - RIR - VA

Gopal

Not to discourage you. 3 weeks is high hopes especially when you are from PBEC.

Does anyone have any "approvals" or "case status" close to my case....

PD at California EDD: Oct 8, 2002
Type: RIR EB-3
RD at SFO, California Regional Office: Sept. 17, 2003
45-day letter received: March 14, 2005
45-day letter answered: March 21, 2005
Case # at Philly: P04324-0****

Correct me if I am wrong, but these are just my observations:
1. I haven't seen a lot of approvals from CA
2. Dallas BEC have more approvals than Philly.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The infamous T number

:rolleyes:
yours_sincerely said:
The number may be genuine in the sense that someone who did not apply for a labor will not get a number back (hopefully) but it still might be an unopened case for which the number is generated using a lookup from the state DOLs. I hope its not the case but is there a way to find out why it starts with T at all for some of the cases?

Lets wait 2 weeks and see whether the people with T numbers start receiving 45 day letters or the T changes to P. If we don't see any progress then we should dig into this further and find out the truth.

My take on this..

People whose cases are still in SWA (like me...:() and want to file for the 7th year extension would get T number when requesting for proof by entering data partially. It would take time for us to get the 45 day letter since they are trying to finish the regional cases first... hopefully according to DOL who predict that all the data entry will be completed by Sept. end should start seeing a flow of 45 day letters which will re-establish the FIFO rule again. As of now we have even seen some cases getting approved without the 45 day letter depicting the unpredictability of BEC's....

So my suggestion will be to stay put and wait for another month before deducing anything..

Omarx said:
:rolleyes:

Lets wait 2 weeks and see whether the people with T numbers start receiving 45 day letters or the T changes to P. If we don't see any progress then we should dig into this further and find out the truth.