Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

5 months from apr 2001 to august 2002?

can you believe it? I hope it is true.

by the way, a friend gets 7 year extension proof, she filed in November 2001, RIR, NY state. no 45 day letter yet. how can they issue 45 day letter, receive it and process the case within 5 months? and I am talking about priority date November 2001, RIR. for august 2002, imagin it.

H1B 7th extension thread created

Hi guys,

I have started http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182326,

I think it may be more productive to discuss this topic in a dedicated thread, considering that more and more people, including myself, will be hit by this problem, given the current speed BEC is handling their job.

Since this will be a issue involving both BEC centers and INS, and expected to last as long as BEC exists, I guess a dedicated thread would be easier for people to share knowledge and watch the development of this important issue. Also it will help latecomers to search for pertinent information.

I am totally aware of this is a public forum and I won't object any more if you still think it's better to piggyback this issue in this track.

Thanks!

pennwaiting said:
I guess getting evidence from BEC for H1B 7th-year extension is "pertinent" to the topic here. If you don't like it, you yourself can start a new thread here or anywhere else, just for that limited purpose.

what extention proof is saying

richshi said:

by the way, a friend gets 7 year extension proof, she filed in November 2001, RIR, NY state. no 45 day letter yet. how can they issue 45 day letter, receive it and process the case within 5 months? and I am talking about priority date November 2001, RIR. for august 2002, imagin it.

intresting, what is on the proof can you post it here.

In my 8th year. Can i transfer Labor

Hi Guys,
I am a silent viewer of this forum and have a question. I am in my 8th year, if i can find a preapproved labor, is it possible that i can file for a substitution, being in 8th year and all? I just dont want to be fooled around by companies whose lawyers promise that its doable and find it out later on that it cannot be done.

Also, if i can , do i need my existing application documents from my current employer.?

Please Advice.

fogman1 said:
Hi guys,

I have started http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182326,

I think it may be more productive to discuss this topic in a dedicated thread, considering that more and more people, including myself, will be hit by this problem, given the current speed BEC is handling their job.

Since this will be a issue involving both BEC centers and INS, and expected to last as long as BEC exists, I guess a dedicated thread would be easier for people to share knowledge and watch the development of this important issue. Also it will help latecomers to search for pertinent information.

I am totally aware of this is a public forum and I won't object any more if you still think it's better to piggyback this issue in this track.

Thanks!
A leading Sticky containing latest salient points of Beyond 6 yrs H visa extension in a new thread is the way to go.

It is an ongoing issue with active threads, that related and sometimes not so related threads piggy-back on the active ones in the hope that someone will answer the oft-repeated questions.

-Tikal

Thanks, RSPR

This estimate is inline with what Apr2002 updated.

Just there may be an assumption. That is certain priority will still be granted to regional case in the coming months. Seems that is what happening in both Philly and Dallas right now. BTW, I know it doesn't bode well to lots of suffering SWA folks.

But bear in mind there are still lots of (no exact number, due to lack of data) SWA cases, of which 45-day letters haven't been sent out yet. You can have a rough idea how many 2001 SWA cases by checking the XLS track file.

It's far from certain what kind of policy each BEC will adopts in the future. And I will say it would be a pretty optimistic expectation that Aug 2002 RIR cases will be reach in the end of this year.

Thanks!

rspr said:
Hi Folks,

I just now called on PBPC to check on the status of my case

They mentioned that, RIR cases are currently at April 2001 and it may take around 5 months to get to August 2002.

Thought of letting you all know.

Question

I have applied for my labor in 2002, and I guess it is at phil center now...but haven't received anything uptill now.....any news...thans hema

manju1968 said:
well the question is how much they finished apr 2001. since apr 2001 RIR has 11,000+ application it is hard to predict when they will get to ours. if anyone know when they started apr2001 we may throw in some times

Thet started this bloody April 2001 four years back.

while Dallas has a totoal of 15,000+ RIR cases until August, Philli has 31,000+....
more than double!!

about 20,000 from april 01 to sep 02.
if they process 5K a month, then it should be 8 months until they get to mine ...
it is already 3 years... what's one more year haan....
:p
rspr said:
Hi Folks,

They mentioned that, RIR cases are currently at April 2001 and it may take around 5 months to get to August 2002.

The problem is none of aprlc2002's statement gets proved. We need a reliable source for PBEC, just Icarus in DBEC.

schmooze said:
while Dallas has a totoal of 15,000+ RIR cases until August, Philli has 31,000+....
more than double!!

about 20,000 from april 01 to sep 02.
if they process 5K a month, then it should be 8 months until they get to mine ...
it is already 3 years... what's one more year haan....
:p

this sounds encouraging ...

now 7/05 ... vacations in 11 , 12 ...

so maybe 2/06 , should hear something for my case ... :)

rspr said:
Hi Folks,

Couple of approvals

Today I called my lawyer to discuss about my 7th year extension and at the same time, I asked him, have you received any approvals. He told me that he receive couple of approvals. One approval from PBEC about couple of months back, whose priority date is April 30, 2001 and another one he said received from DBEC, which is from west coast and priority date is some time in 2002.

He said, he did not receive any approvals for the past two months from PBEC. I did not asked much about DBEC.

SRK

richshi said:

I would be glad even if they can do it in 10 months. At current pace, its impossible to reach August 2002 by end of this year.

Beside all other DOL blunders, I don't understand why can't they simply post information about:

- currently processing application with PD, regional or SWA, RIR or TR...
- currently data entry for which state
- how many cases they already did and how many are still remaining.

I have an idea-You guys let me know if I am right in my thoughts,

Why can't we people do a slient protest by carrying sign cards outside the PBEC. Maybe the local TV correspondent will see us doing this and we may get media attention!!

Somehow I am not in Philly,but let's think about it as to whther we have enough people in Philly who may be interested in doing this ??

Just an idea,don't shoot me :D

Guys, sleep over it and share your thoughts,this could be one of the most efficient way to voice our reactions in a perfectly legal way!!...

Kahada said:
The problem is none of aprlc2002's statement gets proved. We need a reliable source for PBEC, just Icarus in DBEC.

a_to_z_gc said:
I have an idea-You guys let me know if I am right in my thoughts,

Why can't we people do a slient protest by carrying sign cards outside the PBEC. Maybe the local TV correspondent will see us doing this and we may get media attention!!

Somehow I am not in Philly,but let's think about it as to whther we have enough people in Philly who may be interested in doing this ??

Just an idea,don't shoot me :D

Guys, sleep over it and share your thoughts,this could be one of the most efficient way to voice our reactions in a perfectly legal way!!...

This is proposed many times, and I agree this is one of the best awareness effort we can take action on. By demonstration, it will attract media and also it will expose DOL secret operations. We need:-

- Strong commitment from atleast 15-20 members
- Attorney's opinion about legal issues that may arise from demonstration.

RE: I have an idea-You guys let me know if I am right in my thoughts

I am very close to Philly. I will apply leave and come, if some one organizes.

SRK

USCISisMockery said:
This is proposed many times, and I agree this is one of the best awareness effort we can take action on. By demonstration, it will attract media and also it will expose DOL secret operations. We need:-

- Strong commitment from atleast 15-20 members
- Attorney's opinion about legal issues that may arise from demonstration.

I just realized that I am also thinking normal these days since I got the same but little more wild idea yesterday(in fact for a long time). Doing a hugnger strike with all the replies, un-answered emails to senators etc. In fact this strike can be done in all the states but at the same time. To get better visibility, all of us needs to Vooo this across the internet by all means. all media needs to cover this.
One more catch, these days, media doesnt have any significant news for their coverage, I bet they will cover it to the peak of white house

Now shoot me:)
But I want to die with Green Card :)
lol

Public Attention

In addition to all above suggested.,
I have a simple suggestion to get our surrounding public attention on this Backlog labor issue..

We need to write a one page-- ONLY one Page write up with a strong catchy heading ... How DOL is misusing PUblic funds in the name of Back log,and the problems of LEGAL immigrants with this labor back log ...etc

I think we can utilize the existing letters on letter compaign to write this one.,

Once this is ready and reviewed ... every one who is interested need to take PRINTOUTS of this word document from this site ffrom USCISMockery thread Raise awareness about labor certificate process backlog ..

Place the print out whereever you see a public notice boards..Your work place notice board,
Community Centers,Library Notice Boards,Railway/bus stations,Apartments Laundry rooms,school/colleage notice boards,super makets notice boards whever you think appropriate...

Even you can place a copy in your car window..
we need to post the same message on all public bullition boards on Internet sites...
won't it get some public attention

Central New Jersey Residents

Congress man Frank Pallone is arranging a Community Forum on Tuesday , Aug 2nd at Ediosn Muncipal Complex,100 Muncipal Blvd,council chambers(it 's on Rt 27) from 7:30 to 9:30 to discuss public issues
I suggest to all The LEGAL Immigrant Residents near by edison/metuchen to attend this meeting and raise concerns about Immigration related issues especially
DOL Backlog reduction !!

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Congress man Frank Pallone is arranging a Community Forum on Tuesday , Aug 2nd at Ediosn Muncipal Complex,100 Muncipal Blvd,council chambers(it 's on Rt 27) from 7:30 to 9:30 to discuss public issues
I suggest to all The LEGAL Immigrant Residents near by edison/metuchen to attend this meeting and raise concerns about Immigration related issues especially
DOL Backlog reduction !!

Okay, thats one brilliant idea. Lets all NJ sufferers unite at Pallone gathering. But we still need group of atleast 20 people. And I am sure raising awareness at his community forum, there is no legal issue.

In Murthy's newsletter, DOL is justifying random approval. Its blaming SWA for not organizing application in FIFO. Give me a break, how tough it is for staff of 20-30 people (average staff at SWA) to box 30,000 (average no. of applications at SWA) application in order of received date. And if they didn't do it properly someone should be held accountable for it.

Last edited by a moderator: