Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

For those who are interested in month-by-month data - see the file that I've uploaded about a week ago and now here. If you want to find SQL queries - search for my previous posts. If you've seen this file - no need to view it again - there is no change :) All data is as of October 2004.

where_is_it said:
Hi all,

For benefit of everyone(including me),I ran few MS-Access queries on the database downloaded from "flcdatacenter.com" last year named "Perm_external_FY2004.mdb" and got following
figures:

1) Year 2001 - 12,298
2) Year 2002 - 08,297
3) Year 2003 - 20,628
4) Year 2004 - 04,019 (Since the database was not having complete 2004 figures)

These are the number of LC applications which were not "Certified" and had "Recieved
Regional Office" in the "Last Sig Event" column.

Also I found that each year around 140,000 applications are alloted to each EB category.
Remember that each nation can have a max of 7% of this figure(so around 9800) and each
member of family consumes one visa number.Kindly correct me if someone else has a better
info on the allocated visa numbers.

Hope this data gives us some idea on the approx.timeframes we should expect in this time of anxiety and uncertainity.

I think a lot of LCs are approved but..

..have not been sent out.

Thinks about it, for those who have got their 45 day letters and responded. Why would they not spend some resources in approving those LCs. But ofcourse they wont mail it out coz of their fetish for FIFO. Conversely they have an RFE ready too in case they have not approved it.

Then one fine day they will starting mailing them in huge bunches and look like heros for reducing the backlog at such an alarming speed.

sameer2730 said:

Thinks about it, for those who have got their 45 day letters and responded. Why would they not spend some resources in approving those LCs. But ofcourse they wont mail it out coz of their fetish for FIFO. Conversely they have an RFE ready too in case they have not approved it.

Then one fine day they will starting mailing them in huge bunches and look like heros for reducing the backlog at such an alarming speed.

I don't think thats going to happen. If thats the case, lot of employer and lawyer will get outraged where hardly anyone received 45 days letters in NJ and NY. DOL can't afford anymore blunder (not approving cases in FIFO) because DOL has this last chance to prove everybody wrong (by clearing out backlog by next year with strict FIFO order). If they mess up this opportunity then I assure you there would be flood of lawsuits.

Its ironical that at Backlog elimination center, one of the most backloged state haven't yet received 45 day letters.

As it was mentioned in previous post, there are around 5 employees who are working on processing application, and rest on data entrying the cases. So I think, currently DOL is processing anything between April 2001-Dec 2001. And I think FIFO is quite fair. No compaint there.

I am just speculating, its just human nature. You can predict upto some extend how much Dow/Nasdaq will rise or fall on Monday by using fundamental or technical analysis. But at DOL where there is something fundamentally wrong, no technical analysis holds true :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello aprlc2002

Do you know itcs and tf phili bec has aproved some contracts and they have ot mail it to the employer or lawyers ???? :confused: :confused:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Again, at least I got it...

USCISisMockery said:
I don't think thats going to happen. If thats the case, lot of employer and lawyer will get outraged where hardly anyone received 45 days letters in NJ and NY. DOL can't afford anymore blunder (not approving cases in FIFO) because DOL has this last chance to prove everybody wrong (by clearing out backlog by next year with strict FIFO order). If they mess up this opportunity then I assure you there would be flood of lawsuits.

Its ironical that at Backlog elimination center, one of the most backloged state haven't yet received 45 day letters.

As it was mentioned in previous post, there are around 5 employees who are working on processing application, and rest on data entrying the cases. So I think, currently DOL is processing anything between April 2001-Dec 2001. And I think FIFO is quite fair. No compaint there.

I am just speculating, its just human nature. You can predict upto some extend how much Dow/Nasdaq will rise or fall on Monday by using fundamental or technical analysis. But at DOL where there is something fundamentally wrong, no technical analysis holds true :)

Hello there, I am not sure about other people. But, I did get the 45 days letter last week and I am in New Jersey. My PD was Oct, 02. EB2-RIR Just hope someone can share your experience if you are from NJ too. Thanks.

mnhrdc
Thanks for clearing that .. That is what I initially thought until I saw the message posted in this forum...

NJ Oct02-PD:

Can you share with us your date, I am in the same category and mine was filed on 29 Oct 02. Still waiting for the 45 day letter

hi,
i'm new to this forum .My PD is NOv 03, NY.CAn anybody tell me when i'll be receiving my 45 day letter..No news fr my attorney yet.

Hi my PD is May 04 and I did received my 45 letters about a month ago, I sent it back fews days later but still havent heard anything about it. I am in Charlotte NC. Does anybody knows how to find out the status of my case with the BLC. I called them but they only want to talk with my lawyer. Thanks for the help

I dont think they can do this

sameer2730 said:

I don't think this is possible. Two reasons:

1. It is out of policy. I believe they are not transparent, but doesn't mean they are working out of policy.
2. 45 days letters are just for confirmation whether the case is still live or not. They have first priority to reduce number of cases by getting confirmation from employers that the case is still live (OR DEAD - thats what they want to hear).

This is just my opinion. Any expert comments ???

sourcefactor said:
NJ Oct02-PD:

Can you share with us your date, I am in the same category and mine was filed on 29 Oct 02. Still waiting for the 45 day letter

Are you from New Jersey too? If you are, maybe your 45 days letter is on it's way according to my case. Mine was filed in the middle Oct, 02. I am glad to know that there is someone out there having the exactly same situation as I do. Please share your experience as well.

By the way, my friend just told me that one of his friend got the labor certificate just 1 and half month after the 45 days letter and his attorney told him that now the application for I 140 will just needs 3 months. Eventhough I doubt it very much, I would just make myself to believe it to be happier.

Please post your monday morning update

AprLc2002,

Please post your Monday morning update.

Thanks,

MD April 2002, RIR

Status Update

Nothing new.. almost done with Dec 01 TR cases. Some approvals petitions are already mailed (may be lucky ones). Already started working on cases which have not made it to Regional from 01 and before... they even have cases from 1998 itseems. I dont know where they are from! RIR petitions had are catchin up with speed.

One INteresting thing There are very low RIR applcations for 2001 it seems. does not know why if anyone who had good understanding of the data can answer this.

Thats all folks.

aprlc2002

Is this status update from BEC ? my case is may 2001 - traditional and I haven't heard anything... u mentioned they're done with dec 2001 cases ? just curious if u got this update from BEC

RIR'01 cases

Thanks as always. Any idea where they stand with RIR cases for 2001 ?

aprlc2002 said:
Nothing new.. almost done with Dec 01 TR cases. Some approvals petitions are already mailed (may be lucky ones). Already started working on cases which have not made it to Regional from 01 and before... they even have cases from 1998 itseems. I dont know where they are from! RIR petitions had are catchin up with speed.

One INteresting thing There are very low RIR applcations for 2001 it seems. does not know why if anyone who had good understanding of the data can answer this.

Thats all folks.

DvWinner I thought you were the immigration visa lottery winner per your previous posts.

What I got to know from previous posts on this board, BEC possibly needs a mail reduction center to send out the approvals. The reason for such a delay in mailing? I do not know.

DvWinner said:
Is this status update from BEC ? my case is may 2001 - traditional and I haven't heard anything... u mentioned they're done with dec 2001 cases ? just curious if u got this update from BEC

Thanks aprlc2002. I still remember right before Philly Regional DOL stopped processing any LC more than one year ago (around Mar 04), some Sep 2001 or even Oct 01 RIR cases from MD have already got certified. Then there came this standstill.

Back at that time in Mar 04, some slow slow states like MD or NJ or NY (the latter two did not have anything to do with Philly at that time) were still processing Apr 01 cases related to 245i, and I assume most of these 245i related cases were filed with tradition regular filing. Now as far as I know, MD has already done with this 245i cases for a while, and these cases should have been mailed to Philly BEC. I think this could explains some part of it why Philly BEC will need to work on the 2001 TR cases first because if there is such a rule for FIFO, these 245i cases filed in Apr 01 from MD, NJ and NY would be their priority.

As for less RIR cases from yr 2001, as I mentioned above, since most RIR LC cases from states other than MD have been done by Philly Regional DOL before the standstill started in Mar 04, there could be much less RIR cases than TR from year 2001. Anyway this is just my guess, for all of you to consider and correct.

aprlc2002 said:

Thats all folks.