Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Reply to HeySanjeev's question

Hi HeySanjeev,
I had a similar case. Here is what I submitted:
1. Failed Existense Check: Employer's address does not reference back to employer's name : For this we sent a copy of our MARYLAND EMPLOYER RETURN OF INCOME TAX WITHHELD form (Form MW506) that contains our Federal Employment Identification Number followed by our Maryland Tax Account Number.

2. Failed Existence Check: Employer's phone number does not reference back to employer's name : For this, we enclosed a copy of our recent telephone bill for that phone number.

All this was sent with a cover letter mentioning that our company was bona-fide and we are into so & so business for last x years. We also sent across a company brochure and a contact no. where they can talk to us if they had any questions.
I hope this helps.

mnhrdc said:
As a precautionary measure Ask your Atorney with concurrence of Employer to send a fax/letter/email to BEC centre that intrested in contineuance.
Please include the following information with your request:
The Employer’s Name, the Alien’s first and last name, and if known, the new case ID number.

Others To obtain specific information regarding your application, you may send an email to: status@dal.dflc.us <mailto:status@dal.dflc.us>

Anybody sent email to status@dal.dflc.us? getting any useful information?

I did send an email, have not heard back yet, will keep posted...

No BEC letter yet

Open Cases At Dol Do Not Move To Bec

Here is what i have read from murthy.com

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers
=====================================
©MurthyDotCom
The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. OPEN CASES AT THE REGIONS ARE NOT MOVING TO THE BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.
©MurthyDotCom
San Francisco had the largest volume of backlog cases, so 10,000 of their cases went to Dallas and 10,000 to Philadelphia. The DOL is using UPS for backlog shipments. The contract staff from Exceed Corporation is responsible for getting all of the cases moved to their proper locations. The current expectation is that there are an additional 200,000 cases from the states beyond those moved from the regions.
©MurthyDotCom
As of January 4, 2005, only 17 states had sent their backlogged cases that were due on December 31, 2004. This is approximately 24,000 cases. Larger states are slower because they have more cases to box.

This answers that why some cases are not getting love letters

VA PD : 31-oct-2002
Phil DOL : June 25 2004
EB2 RIR

Did not recv'd love letter yet

What is an open case ?

My case reached Philly DOL on 21st Jan from VA. Now does that qualify to be an open case

How to know if my case is Open case

My case reached Philly 07/23/2004 how do I know if my case is a open case.

Open Case or not... some speculation

We're fighting complete lack of transparency so anything said here is merely speculation but here's what I think...

Philly DOL was showing dates of 3/2003 for non-RIR cases and 7/2003 for RIR cases for the Regional level. Of course, these dates had not moved in at least a year maybe more. This only adds to the complexity and opacity of information.
Assuming these dates were accurate, it maybe fair to assume that all cases with a Regional recv date prior to these dates are to be considered Open cases... all others are not.

spidey said:
We're fighting complete lack of transparency so anything said here is merely speculation but here's what I think...

Philly DOL was showing dates of 3/2003 for non-RIR cases and 7/2003 for RIR cases for the Regional level. Of course, these dates had not moved in at least a year maybe more. This only adds to the complexity and opacity of information.
Assuming these dates were accurate, it maybe fair to assume that all cases with a Regional recv date prior to these dates are to be considered Open cases... all others are not.

I just spoke to a lady at Phili BEC -(484) -270-1500...yes..someone did answer the phone. According to her..ALL cases even if they had been received at Phili regional prior to opening of BEC (i asked specifically, mentioning that my case was received in Sep 03), will receive a letter. She explicitly said no processing in Phili regional is going on...(now i didnt ask if other Regional offices were processing open cases)
She also said..they are trying to go by older cases first...but not able to maintain this "perfectly".ALL cases will receive a new case number.
I again asked..."My case is an OPEN case or no?"..She said..every single case in will receive a letter...They will try to have some online checking status by the end of this month..according to her...

M

mithya said:
I just spoke to a lady at Phili BEC -(484) -270-1500...yes..someone did answer the phone. According to her..ALL cases even if they had been received at Phili regional prior to opening of BEC (i asked specifically, mentioning that my case was received in Sep 03), will receive a letter. She explicitly said no processing in Phili regional is going on...(now i didnt ask if other Regional offices were processing open cases)
She also said..they are trying to go by older cases first...but not able to maintain this "perfectly".ALL cases will receive a new case number.
I again asked..."My case is an OPEN case or no?"..She said..every single case in will receive a letter...They will try to have some online checking status by the end of this month..according to her...

M

Thanks Mithiya -
thats more information than what I had this morning.
Even though I am sure my case would qualify for the BEC, I am not sure how I feel about the BEC anymore...
See, I've been in this Labor rut since April 2002, getting to the Regional after an excruciating wait in April 2004...
I realize that the BEC is a new process so it's bound to be slow but my problem is... after 3 years I get to be stuck with a new process where I am expected to understand this....
Anyway what can you do :confused:

Again, thanks your message helps.
-spidey

spidey said:
Thanks Mithiya -
thats more information than what I had this morning.
Even though I am sure my case would qualify for the BEC, I am not sure how I feel about the BEC anymore...
See, I've been in this Labor rut since April 2002, getting to the Regional after an excruciating wait in April 2004...
I realize that the BEC is a new process so it's bound to be slow but my problem is... after 3 years I get to be stuck with a new process where I am expected to understand this....
Anyway what can you do :confused:

Again, thanks your message helps.
-spidey

We are all in the same boat. What i hate is the lack of any well defined queue . A collegue of mine got his state cleared in Oct 2004, case went to regional phili he didn't receive any letter...but labor cleared...in dec 04..and got his EAD last week...no one including him seems to know how it happened:

mithya said:
We are all in the same boat. What i hate is the lack of any well defined queue . A collegue of mine got his state cleared in Oct 2004, case went to regional phili he didn't receive any letter...but labor cleared...in dec 04..and got his EAD last week...no one including him seems to know how it happened:

Do you know if his labor was cleared from regular Philly DOL or if it was from BEC? Info will help us determine if BEC has started processing.

Thanks in advance!

mithya said:
Are you sure? That sounds incredible! Even after his LC certified in Dec, 2004, he had to get medical exame, file concurrent I140/I485, EAD. I cannot imagine going through all the steps and having EAD approval in less than 2 months. Is it possible he did not tell you that he used substituted LC?

SFO DOL - Remand Cases!! Any update????

Folks,
This is my time line..

My original application was filed in sep2001 and transfared to SFO DOL on sep 2002. Auto remanded in june 2003.

I have no clue where my case is and can one you guys pls update me....

Thanks!

pennwaiting said:
Are you sure? That sounds incredible! Even after his LC certified in Dec, 2004, he had to get medical exame, file concurrent I140/I485, EAD. I cannot imagine going through all the steps and having EAD approval in less than 2 months. Is it possible he did not tell you that he used substituted LC?

He could not have used/did not use substitute LC..I am quite sure and I checked with my HR. What I don't know is if his process went through BEC or Phili regional..and he won't share this info..my guess is some cases were indeed certified by Regional as late as december...may be this has to do with what they say 'Open' cases not going to BEC...don't know....

mithya said:
He could not have used/did not use substitute LC..I am quite sure and I checked with my HR. What I don't know is if his process went through BEC or Phili regional..and he won't share this info..my guess is some cases were indeed certified by Regional as late as december...may be this has to do with what they say 'Open' cases not going to BEC...don't know....

thanks for the info mithya.
too bad he won't share if process went through bec or philly regional. sharing info with rest of us will not make his lc approval and EAD desapear or get him arrested.

JustWatching said:
Hi all,

I have developed a tracker of all people that have received the 45-day letter. The idea would be to track all 45-day letters that are sent from Philly BEC. We would only add people once they have received the 45-day letter.

The issue though is that the Philly Regional Forum has a BEC tracker as well. I actually added the records from that tracker that have received 45-day letters.

So post your opinion, should I post it and use it for this forum or is this going to confuse things with the Philly Regional forum tracker?

i think the "Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker" is quite sufficient for tracking the 45 letters. Both received and not received. i think another tracker will just be too confusing and too many things to check. people who have not received the 45 letter would end up checking that new tread to find out processing has started for letters sent back for instance.

might as well keep all matters related to philly on same tread. once people get LC approved and out of philly (regional or bec), they can then move on to a different tread/tracker for the next phase of their green card.

just my 2 cents.

good night all. tomorrow is a brand new day, so another chance/opportunity. maybe it will have good surprises for us regarding this !@#$%^& process.

foret1 said:
i think the "Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker" is quite sufficient for tracking the 45 letters. Both received and not received. i think another tracker will just be too confusing and too many things to check. people who have not received the 45 letter would end up checking that new tread to find out processing has started for letters sent back for instance.

might as well keep all matters related to philly on same tread. once people get LC approved and out of philly (regional or bec), they can then move on to a different tread/tracker for the next phase of their green card.

just my 2 cents.

good night all. tomorrow is a brand new day, so another chance/opportunity. maybe it will have good surprises for us regarding this !@#$%^& process.

I guess the issue with this is once Philly BEC starts sending out letters for non-Philly region this would have been the right forum to post.

However Based on more research I created a new forum to have a discussion on this subject.

I thought we could...

Guys (and ladies if there are any here)

I thought I'd like to meet fellow sufferers, if nothing else it gives us the opportunity to blow steam, share our stories and who knows it may even end up becoming something more productive at some point.

So I thought I'd throw this out there, what do you guys say to getting together for a fun evening somewhere in Philly. We could meet at a Marriott or something over some drinks etc... (I personally favor some place with enough parking :cool: )

I realize some may feel it's a corny idea but for those who dont and would like to hang out - lets do. If we dont like each other ;) or it's too inconvenient we don't have to meet again...

spidey-

spidey said:
Guys (and ladies if there are any here)

I thought I'd like to meet fellow sufferers, if nothing else it gives us the opportunity to blow steam, share our stories and who knows it may even end up becoming something more productive at some point.

So I thought I'd throw this out there, what do you guys say to getting together for a fun evening somewhere in Philly. We could meet at a Marriott or something over some drinks etc... (I personally favor some place with enough parking :cool: )

I realize some may feel it's a corny idea but for those who dont and would like to hang out - lets do. If we dont like each other ;) or it's too inconvenient we don't have to meet again...

spidey-

I like the idea spidey, atleast we can get drunk and bitch about BEC/DOL :)
However I stay in Edison, NJ which is quiet a drive to philly, right?