Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

vemulk said:
PD - Feb 13th, 2002
NY - EB3 - Non- RIR
45 Day Letter --???

I got a call from my lawyer yesterday. Apparantly DOL has lost my application and asked me to sign and resend it. I have signed and sent them today. GOD ONLY KNOWS when will they send my 45 Day letter. I am hoping that I may see that in my Life time.

Good Luck for all those folks who are on the same boat as me...

Hi Vemulk

Did you/your attorney send an email to PBEC nobeccontact@phi.dflc.us ? If so, would you share the date for the email...perhaps PBEC has finally started to acknowledge/respond to no 45 day letters .

I recall reading somewhere - perhaps in http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_09-11-06_nobec.pdf
that request for paperwork to reconstruct case would suffice. ie no 45 day letter is needed in your case. Please verify the information. I am not an expert.

CA, EB2 - RIR
PD: 11-18-2002
45 DL : not received,
Attorney sent email to PBEC on July 21, 2006
ETA# P-04321-05xxx
Current status: Data Review

PERM:
Certified ETA 9089 06-19-2005
I-140 Filed: 04-26-2006
I-140 Approved: 09-05-2006
Approved I-140 received by attorney: 9-29-2006

Waiting_in_VA said:
I am Still around!!!!!! :mad:
VA---EB3--May 9th 2002...... :mad:

Me too ! I am still aound....Nov 2002!

CA, EB2 - RIR
PD: 11-18-2002
45 DL : not received,
Attorney sent email to PBEC on July 21, 2006
ETA# P-04321-05xxx
Current status: Data Review

PERM:
Certified ETA 9089 06-19-2005
I-140 Filed: 04-26-2006
I-140 Approved: 09-05-2006
Approved I-140 received by attorney: 9-29-2006

DOL is a POS...
There are people waiting since 2002 and they are working on 2003 cases.. don't get me wrong shanku, I'm happy for you, just wanted to take some frustration out on DOL..

3shanku said:
My case status showed as 'Certified' today (Oct 05, 2006). This forum has been extremely helpful in understanding the priority dates that the PBEC is currently processing. After seeing a couple of Dec 2003 approvals, I started checking my status more than once every day and it seems like my turn came today.

I sincerely hope that all the guys with Priority dates that are earlier than mine, do get their LCs some time soon. Thanks to all the members who contribute to this forum. Good luck to all of you.

Still waiting for a good news

gcqjul2002 said:
Hi,
I am curious are there any Ca July 2002 cases out there. Are they certifying any early 2002 cases.

Thanks

Pd jul 2002
State Ca

CA jul 2002 as well.
Contact Dol 202# and he said everything is fine. Still in the process. Start to doubt bout NOF but the guy said don't worry. Well. How can I trust them anyway? One day I shall be free. :D

Finally the lawyer wrote back yesterday saying that the certified labor application has been received. The approval date is September 15. It took me about 3 weeks to receive the letter.

What a phenomenal mess the DOL is in? On a side note, I had written a detailed letter to Emily Stover DeRocco about the DOL's performance, let's see if I receive a reply from them.

10/06/2006: BEC RIR Conversion Regulation Published and in Effect as of Today

The USDOL/ETA published this notice in the federal register. This conversion rule is taking effect today. Those who are eligible for conversion under the new rule will practically have a choice of two opportunities for the labor certification application. One is filing a PERM application requesting retension of the priority date of the pending BEC case. The other is filing request for conversion of the pending BEC traditional case to an RIR case with the retention of the original priority date. Choice of these two options requires a careful review of the two different regulations - PERM regulation and previous labor certification regulation which is still in effect for the BEC cases. There are some differences in legal standards, requirements, and procedures. People may also want to relook at the old RIR conversion regulation. Besides, there are many unanswered open questions for the conversion as to the details of the RIR recruitment requirement in terms of the number of ads, other details. There were tremendous differences among the six Regions before March 28, 2005. The OFLC should release a Q&A on the conversion as soon as possible to lay out the details of recruitment requirement for the conversion. Otherwise, the intent of the agency to encourage conversion for achievement of its goal to remove the entire backlog cases by September 30, 2007 may be compromised. One other question the agency should answer is whether the same recruitment materials can be used for the PERM, should the RIR converted backlog case be for some reasons denied. Otherwise, we welcome the agency's move, albeit somewhat belated, to initiate an effort to reduce backlog cases as soon as possible.

It is possible to convert your RIR application to PERM. This is a great news for 2001/2002 guys who are stuck. Good luck :)

saltoma said:
My PD is also PD August 2003, RIR from FL and still shows "In Process". I think they are working both types at the same time.

May be you are right. They may be picking state by state and must have not got to florida yet.

But anyways. thanks for the update.

RC

Any Help for Non-RIR

PBECIsKillingMe said:

The USDOL/ETA published this notice in the federal register. This conversion rule is taking effect today. Those who are eligible for conversion under the new rule will practically have a choice of two opportunities for the labor certification application. One is filing a PERM application requesting retension of the priority date of the pending BEC case. The other is filing request for conversion of the pending BEC traditional case to an RIR case with the retention of the original priority date. Choice of these two options requires a careful review of the two different regulations - PERM regulation and previous labor certification regulation which is still in effect for the BEC cases. There are some differences in legal standards, requirements, and procedures. People may also want to relook at the old RIR conversion regulation. Besides, there are many unanswered open questions for the conversion as to the details of the RIR recruitment requirement in terms of the number of ads, other details. There were tremendous differences among the six Regions before March 28, 2005. The OFLC should release a Q&A on the conversion as soon as possible to lay out the details of recruitment requirement for the conversion. Otherwise, the intent of the agency to encourage conversion for achievement of its goal to remove the entire backlog cases by September 30, 2007 may be compromised. One other question the agency should answer is whether the same recruitment materials can be used for the PERM, should the RIR converted backlog case be for some reasons denied. Otherwise, we welcome the agency's move, albeit somewhat belated, to initiate an effort to reduce backlog cases as soon as possible.

It is possible to convert your RIR application to PERM. This is a great news for 2001/2002 guys who are stuck. Good luck :)

Hi:
Thanks for the information on conversion to PERM.
Can you tell me how a Non-RIR can benefit from this if applicable.

Thanks again

F16 said:
I received Screenshot for my 9th year extension.

They did not even filled the following.
Occupation Title:

Occupation Code:

Prevailing Wage:

I don't know how long they are going to take to fill those fields.

Do anybody in this forum have this kind of situation!

So frustrating!!!!!!!!! :confused:

NJ EB2 RIR
PD: Dec'11th, 2002

Online status: IN PROCESS

This means, nobody has even touched your case. Same with me.

where can we find the official link of this released news?

PBECIsKillingMe said:

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing!

Need some information

I have a question for the gurus, need some advice.

A friend of mine has his 140 approved with Labor PD of June 2005 EB2.

His company is offering him another approved Labor of PD June 2002, which has a different job discription. His lawyer mentions that he cannot file for 140 for this Labor as he has been already approved for 140 on a different Labor.

What are his choices now.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I think everybody should write a letter to PBEC top boss to express your frustration with this mess. it maybe has a better effect than writing to senator or congressman.

samarthk said:
Finally the lawyer wrote back yesterday saying that the certified labor application has been received. The approval date is September 15. It took me about 3 weeks to receive the letter.

What a phenomenal mess the DOL is in? On a side note, I had written a detailed letter to Emily Stover DeRocco about the DOL's performance, let's see if I receive a reply from them.

What heppened to EB3?

From what I see, majority of those LC got certified in past two weeks are all in EB2 category (either 2002 or 2003). EB3 guys are "In process" status. What happened to EB3? Are they being left behind?

NOF - education qualification and job interviews

Hi Gurus and Everyone -

I got a NOF because I possess 3 (Bachelor Science) + 2 (Master Science) and the job requirement was BS in Engineering

Also the 2nd reason that we rejected 28 people during screening interview process but no detail was given for 24 of them.

My lawyer sat on the NOF and replied on the last day citing the Educational Evaluation that says the (3+2) education is equivalent to BS in Computer Science and my company could only provide the names of rest 24 people with the rejection reason but not the resumes as they have asked.

This is from Certifying Officer Barabara Shelly.

I know that the 5 year education is accepted in any University here in US as 4 year degree equivalent and our company has done due dilligence in screening but the lawyer is not so good as I would expect in reprsenting the case.

What are my options now that the last date has gone and my lawyer has responded?

Should I send another addendum with more educational evaluations?

I am already on 7th year extension.
Should I apply PERM immediately? 8th year exension?

Should I go for an approved labor substitution? Any help appreciated!

eaky said:
CA jul 2002 as well.
Contact Dol 202# and he said everything is fine. Still in the process. Start to doubt bout NOF but the guy said don't worry. Well. How can I trust them anyway? One day I shall be free. :D

You're not alone :) I'm still here, still waiting.

So let me get this right...

So now the 2001/2002 guys are forced to do perm or convert their cases to RIR in order to get out of this hell hole? This is a F*****g Bull S**t... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Making sense of the case #

Hello everyone,

I hope this post find you all very well. To all of you, and me who are waiting for your LC: HANG ON!!!

Now, can anyone comment about the follwoing. My case # is P (Philly) 05 (2005) 020 day 20 of that same year, I got that, no problem.
I replied to 45-Day Letter in March 28th, 2005. My PD is 10-19-04.
Question: Am I ahead in the que? with such an early entry in the system (Jan 20, 2005) Does this affect me in being approved "early" in comparisson with other similar PD's?
Currently I have an "IN PROCESS" on the online data base, I just want to have an "guesstimate" of when my LC will get approved. Anyone care to take a guess? Please don't tell me that for sure on Sept/07. :D
THX :D

Kiko99
PD 10-19-04
45 Day letter: Yes
Reply 45 dL: 03-28-05
Case # P-05020-XXXX
Online Status: IN PROCESS