• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Permanant resident who want to get married

Bro, i already told her , i wont get married with her until u get ur F-1 visa. She will apply for F-1 as a single, once she got her F-1 i will go mary her, and start the steps for changing status once she is in the US, does she risk something if she stop going to school ?

When she enters the U.S., she will have to disclose that she is married. Marrying in between getting a visa and entering the U.S. is very suspicious.

A lot of F1 visa holders come into the US and get married to GC holders all the time. Yes, F1 visa holders are not supposed to have immigrant intents (especially at the time of applying for the visa), but a lot of them do that anyways. It's equally not much different from those with F1 visas (admittedly already in the US though) who won the lottery and have successfully adjusted status. The process is not as complicated as it sounds, if the person/people involved follow the due process, which is do not file as soon as you get married or come into the US, then continue in F1 status for atleast 1 year (if you've not had upto a year of schooling in F1 status) and continue to be in status. Don't simply drop out of school because you've sent in an I-485 package.

Those people who are F1 and then get married and apply to immigrate did not enter the U.S. with intent to immigrate -- they decided to do that later. It's hard for you to know whether someone had intent to stay when they entered. But the OP clearly, even at this time, plans for his future wife to immigrate. So it's fraudulent. You should not advise the OP to commit fraud.

I am green card holder who want to get married from a girl back home, it will be my first year in US. so i dont want to wait so much in order to bring my future wife. i want her to come in the very near future.

what if she got this year his non immigrant F1- visa for student , then i mary her once she is in the US ? can i do that ? will she get a green card too or change her status ?

Was your DV approved & stamped AND you still did not enter US (PoE) and you are still at home??

Then YES you CAN marry her and she will get derivative status!!

Per 9 FAM 42.33 N6.6 'Derivative Status'
c. ........
The spouse of a principal alien, if acquired after registration, and prior to the principal alien’s admission, or the child of a principal alien, if the child was born after registration or is the issue of a marriage which took place after registration and prior to the principal alien’s admission to the United States, although not named on an application, is entitled to derivative DV status.

Also chk this....

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?558011-help-needed-for-follow-to-join-process

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still back home, i will go to the US at the end of the september (next week)

i am just making my plan for next summer, the best solution for me to get married and get my wife near me (without waiting a lot ) i did not do that before simply because i did not know her before, so my plan was for an F-1 visa !

Was your DV approved & stamped AND you still did not enter US (PoE) and you are still at home??

Then YES you CAN marry her and she will get derivative status!!

Per 9 FAM 42.33 N6.6 'Derivative Status'
c. ........
The spouse of a principal alien, if acquired after registration, and prior to the principal alien’s admission, or the child of a principal alien, if the child was born after registration or is the issue of a marriage which took place after registration and prior to the principal alien’s admission to the United States, although not named on an application, is entitled to derivative DV status.

Also chk this....

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?558011-help-needed-for-follow-to-join-process

Best!

Isn't a derivative status supposed to be claimed within the FY applicable to the main applicant? There's no way this OP can attempt that considering he's a DV 2013 winner.

You don't know her before??? Good luck with USCIS when they ask for pictures about your relationship etc.

we just took pictures in our last dating, it was last weekend, it can be useful in the future :)

I don't think that can be much of a help. The idea is to have "old" pictures to support a long term relationship.

Yeah, having the first picture taken after you've already got your immigrant visa is not going to help much. Even if it's an arranged marriage I think they will be pretty suspicious about the timing.

Aos of status under sibbling petition and still uscis wants my martial history as sworn statement

:confused:I came to US in visitors visa along with my spouse and child 13 yrs in 2000.Sibbling Filed I-130 under 245(1) .Things were not working right between me and my spouse due to financial situation and we got divorced after 7years in US which was wrong.

Got married to a foreign national (Canadian) to get away and realized things were not working right and could not leave my ex. It took 4 years to get divorce as he had some health issue and I decided not to leave US for my child and ex. had applied for Canadian immigration and as I had no status in USA the Canadian embassy called me for immigration interview in India and since I did not go thinking I would not get entry back here they refused my case..I did get divorce without claiming anything as no property or child custody was involved. Got divorce filed in Canada as he was Canadian. He filed the divorce so I did not have to go.

I remarried my ex and realized this is my true family. He has no one beside me and I love him and my child who means everything to me. After 30 days of interview USCIs is asking sworn statement of my martial history with my ex-spouse-including how and when we met, our courtship, whether we lived together, at which address and for how long and if so, where and when and why we separated and divorced, and why remarried to my ex husband again.. am worried what if I tell I was frustratedand wanted to run away from situation as had no job or could not travel. I am so confused. They also asked final divorce decree showing martial settlement agreement and property agreement. I did get the agreement from Supreme Court and it does not mention about property as we had none and we never lived together.
I did submit my divorce and marriage certificate and they want final decree of my divorce my ex who is now my husband again is out of status as I did not apply for him yet. At the time of my filing 130 he was dependant. I am stressed as I have no one back home and it would be horrible for my child who has considered this as his home and has a decent job and is paying taxes .My lawyer says its ok to say whatever is true. But at times I feel being honest gets you in trouble. I have no criminal record .Please help. Will they consider it as bad case, I could have got status here marrying someone from US but for me I was not interested. Please help. I am doing my adjustment of status through siblings petition and not marriage. I have proof of marriage documents and the times we met and pictures. But I did not have any physical relationship due to distance. I am lost .Please if anyone can advice. I never violated any laws. My lawyer I feel is trying her best but m lost. She seems confused,.Most of the lawyers are asking lot higher charges.My lawyer wants me to just reply stating whatever happened.After so many years dont want to go back.If i wanted could have got married in US and got citizenship by now.

:confused:I came to US in visitors visa along with my spouse and child 13 yrs in 2000.Sibbling Filed I-130 under 245(1) .Things were not working right between me and my spouse due to financial situation and we got divorced after 7years in US which was wrong.

Got married to a foreign national (Canadian) to get away and realized things were not working right and could not leave my ex. It took 4 years to get divorce as he had some health issue and I decided not to leave US for my child and ex. had applied for Canadian immigration and as I had no status in USA the Canadian embassy called me for immigration interview in India and since I did not go thinking I would not get entry back here they refused my case..I did get divorce without claiming anything as no property or child custody was involved. Got divorce filed in Canada as he was Canadian. He filed the divorce so I did not have to go.

I remarried my ex and realized this is my true family. He has no one beside me and I love him and my child who means everything to me. After 30 days of interview USCIs is asking sworn statement of my martial history with my ex-spouse-including how and when we met, our courtship, whether we lived together, at which address and for how long and if so, where and when and why we separated and divorced, and why remarried to my ex husband again.. am worried what if I tell I was frustratedand wanted to run away from situation as had no job or could not travel. I am so confused. They also asked final divorce decree showing martial settlement agreement and property agreement. I did get the agreement from Supreme Court and it does not mention about property as we had none and we never lived together.
I did submit my divorce and marriage certificate and they want final decree of my divorce my ex who is now my husband again is out of status as I did not apply for him yet. At the time of my filing 130 he was dependant. I am stressed as I have no one back home and it would be horrible for my child who has considered this as his home and has a decent job and is paying taxes .My lawyer says its ok to say whatever is true. But at times I feel being honest gets you in trouble. I have no criminal record .Please help. Will they consider it as bad case, I could have got status here marrying someone from US but for me I was not interested. Please help. I am doing my adjustment of status through siblings petition and not marriage. I have proof of marriage documents and the times we met and pictures. But I did not have any physical relationship due to distance. I am lost .Please if anyone can advice. I never violated any laws. My lawyer I feel is trying her best but m lost. She seems confused,.Most of the lawyers are asking lot higher charges.My lawyer wants me to just reply stating whatever happened.After so many years dont want to go back.If i wanted could have got married in US and got citizenship by now.

This sub forum deals with the DV lottery process so it would be better to ask your questions in another forum - perhaps this one

http://forums.immigration.com/forum...ed-Green-Cards-Through-Marriage-or-a-Relative