PBEC - State of MA - EB3 NON-RIR case tracking

Message from Epidural

Finally the recruitment instructions.

Guys,
I know we have been waiting for these for ages when there used to be 9 planets in the universe . Anyways spoke with my liar and she said she has been receiving recruitment instructions for early 2001 cases ( I am not early enough it seems ). They are to the book as we had read from the training manual.
1. PBEC sends the exact format of the advt.
2. Has to be advertised for 3 days ( one should be sunday) in paper.
3. The replies go only to PBEC ( thats interesing).
4. They will put it on AJB site.
5. Suitable resumes will be forwarded to the liar/employer

Can you guys imagine the mess that this is going to create in PBEC. They could not handle single page 45 day letter replies, wait till they get the deluge of resumes.

As is told by my liar no warranties at all. Dont hold me by it
ETA Case # : P-05172-XXXXX
45 Day Letter : 28th Dec 2004.

gravitation said:
I never made it to regional. No recruitment has been done on my case.

No Recuitment Instructions Yet

bharatpremi said:
Any update for anybody with MA-EB3-Regular ?
I wrote to Secretary Chao a few weeks back. I got a letter from William Carlson (Administrator of LC Division) last week stating that my case has been moved to the traditional recruitment queue, and will undego supervised recruitement soon. With that letter there was a printout of my case details, and there was a big section in that containing fields for supervised recruitment process. You might have noticed in other forums that folks are beginning to get recruitment instructions for 2001 cases. So, I guess we have to stand by and monitor for now.

Also, for those of us that have the time, drive and penchant to lobby, we should continue writing imposing letters to the various people in charge. No letter gets ignored, and we need to maintain awareness of our plight among those that are in-charge.

ma_nonrir_eb3,

You did a good followup. Any clue why the hell MA is left alone by PBEC? You mentioned about "Supervised" recruitment. How that differs from normally associated recruitment process with labor certification?

Thanks.

- Bharat Premi

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I wrote to Secretary Chao a few weeks back. I got a letter from William Carlson (Administrator of LC Division) last week stating that my case has been moved to the traditional recruitment queue, and will undego supervised recruitement soon. With that letter there was a printout of my case details, and there was a big section in that containing fields for supervised recruitment process. You might have noticed in other forums that folks are beginning to get recruitment instructions for 2001 cases. So, I guess we have to stand by and monitor for now.

Also, for those of us that have the time, drive and penchant to lobby, we should continue writing imposing letters to the various people in charge. No letter gets ignored, and we need to maintain awareness of our plight among those that are in-charge.

bharatpremi said:
ma_nonrir_eb3,

You did a good followup. Any clue why the hell MA is left alone by PBEC? You mentioned about "Supervised" recruitment. How that differs from normally associated recruitment process with labor certification?

Thanks.

- Bharat Premi
The recruitment done by employers before filing the LC case as RIR is called "unsupervised" recruitment. The recruitment done by DOL after the LC filed is called "supervised" recruitment, also known as Traditional Recruitment (TR), or Non-RIR.

I have no idea why we are not seeing anything from MA. I don't see any RIR approvals also in other threads. Perhaps the numbers of cases from MA is less, perhaps there aren't any MA people in this forum, who knows. The way BEC's are going, its simply too random to speculate anything.

I am continuining to write to Kennedy, Kerry, Lynch, and now perhaps Deval Patrick to keep highlighting the issue. The pen is the only weapon in our hands.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
The recruitment done by employers before filing the LC case as RIR is called "unsupervised" recruitment. The recruitment done by DOL after the LC filed is called "supervised" recruitment, also known as Traditional Recruitment (TR), or Non-RIR.

I have no idea why we are not seeing anything from MA. I don't see any RIR approvals also in other threads. Perhaps the numbers of cases from MA is less, perhaps there aren't any MA people in this forum, who knows. The way BEC's are going, its simply too random to speculate anything.

I am continuining to write to Kennedy, Kerry, Lynch, and now perhaps Deval Patrick to keep highlighting the issue. The pen is the only weapon in our hands.

ma_nonrir_eb3,

Thanks for your convincing reply. I beg to differ a little bit for your comment regarding Pen as weapon. We give ourselves a mental satisfaction when we write to senators/congressmen. We try to remain out of frustration and guilty conscious and get some satisfaction that we did something for ourselves. At the most what we can achieve is the latest status but we can not make any change in the process or speed. But I do agree if "ALL" suferers write simultaneously then pen may become a weapon.

-BharatPremi

bharatpremi said:
ma_nonrir_eb3,

Thanks for your convincing reply. I beg to differ a little bit for your comment regarding Pen as weapon. We give ourselves a mental satisfaction when we write to senators/congressmen. We try to remain out of frustration and guilty conscious and get some satisfaction that we did something for ourselves. At the most what we can achieve is the latest status but we can not make any change in the process or speed. But I do agree if "ALL" suferers write simultaneously then pen may become a weapon.

-BharatPremi
Very true, in reality the chances of a breakthrough are quite slim with the use of the pen, but its a good outlet for pent-up frustrations. And you never know, one of your letters might fall into the hands of someone who might decide to take up your cause!

Meanwhile, speaking of the situation with Non-RIR cases, it appear from the postings in the general Non-RIR forum that some folks from NC with 2003 PDs are getting recuitment instructions.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Hmm..I guess job postings on AJB are random and cannot be used to derive any patterns or projections.

1) There is no way to judge the category of these apps. But seeing salary
range we can fairly judge that applications except P-05175-** seem to be
EB2. P-05175-** more looks like EB3 but that can not be concluded
confidently.
2) P-05171-7222* seemed to be very nearer to my number first I thought if
one box contains applications with "Near By" numbers then there must be
job order ad for my number as well. But my number is still not advertised.
So conclusion of having applications with "Nearby" numbers in similar box
seems to be wrong. But again P-05171-7222* seems more to be EB2
category nad mine is EB3 category so let's just say I can not think ahead.
3) And yes I do agree with you that everything is random. But still I believe if
we can break these findings on the basis of category EB2/3 then only we
will be able to arrive on decision that yes, this is surely random or
systematic.

Is there any logic in the second string of the numbers? For example in number P-05171-72226 what 05171 suggests to us? Has anybody decoded this yet? I'm thinking that could be like Box No:1 arrived or opened on 05/17 at PBEC.

- BharatPremi

bharatpremi said:
1) There is no way to judge the category of these apps. But seeing salary
range we can fairly judge that applications except P-05175-** seem to be
EB2. P-05175-** more looks like EB3 but that can not be concluded
confidently.
2) P-05171-7222* seemed to be very nearer to my number first I thought if
one box contains applications with "Near By" numbers then there must be
job order ad for my number as well. But my number is still not advertised.
So conclusion of having applications with "Nearby" numbers in similar box
seems to be wrong. But again P-05171-7222* seems more to be EB2
category nad mine is EB3 category so let's just say I can not think ahead.
3) And yes I do agree with you that everything is random. But still I believe if
we can break these findings on the basis of category EB2/3 then only we
will be able to arrive on decision that yes, this is surely random or
systematic.

Is there any logic in the second string of the numbers? For example in number P-05171-72226 what 05171 suggests to us? Has anybody decoded this yet? I'm thinking that could be like Box No:1 arrived or opened on 05/17 at PBEC.

- BharatPremi

Here's how the ETA Number Works:

For example, take the following ETA number:

P-05171-05231

P = Philadelphia, D= Dallas
05171 = Entered into system on 171st day of year 2005 (this is an established fact)
05231 = Sequential ID (not sure if it starts at 1 for each day of data entry)

One way to interpret the above ETA number is that this is the 5,231st case entered on the 171st day of 2005 (June 20, 2005) at the Philly BEC.

I doubt it, I have 41198 as my second string and there is no way these guys can enter 40000 plus cases in one day. Is there?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Here's how the ETA Number Works:

For example, take the following ETA number:

P-05171-05231

P = Philadelphia, D= Dallas
05171 = Entered into system on 171st day of year 2005 (this is an established fact)
05231 = Sequential ID (not sure if it starts at 1 for each day of data entry)

One way to interpret the above ETA number is that this is the 5,231st case entered on the 171st day of 2005 (June 20, 2005) at the Philly BEC.

so_depressed said:
I doubt it, I have 41198 as my second string and there is no way these guys can enter 40000 plus cases in one day. Is there?
True. That's why there is no established theory of what the second number represents.

There are not too many Jobs for LC in AJB

Wait till they start posting jobs that matches some of our ETA numbers. Probably we can predict something then.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Hmm..I guess job postings on AJB are random and cannot be used to derive any patterns or projections.

My case details

PD:March 2004
EB3, Non-RIR, MA
Processing Type: TR
Case Source: State (never made to Region)
Currently at: PBEC
ETA Case number: P-051XX-XXXXX
45 DL Received and replied:May 2005
Case closure notice received: June 9, 2006
Case re-opened: July 25, 2006
LC Status: In Process

Last edited by a moderator: