Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Updated status, Today I had my fingerpints takend, and now the waiting time begins!!!!!

07/17/2009 : N-400 Mailed to TSC (Lewisville, TX).
07/23/2009 : Check Cashed.
08/13/09: FP Appointment
08/05/09: FP Walk in

Finally got my interview letter

D/O Orlando

01/27/09 N400 sent to Texas
01/28/09 Recived-priority date
03/27/09 yellow letter recived
06/17/09 Biometrics letter
06/24/09 Fingerprints done (walk in)
08/05/09 Interview letter recived
09/09/09 Inteview date
........... Oath Date

Got my passport today

I got my passport today. Applied in expedited service on 7/24/09.
I feel happy and relieved after looking back my 11 years of USA immigration journey:):)

Congratulation Saram for getting your passport today. I received my passport book yesterday and got my passport card today.

Good to all.

Morning,
Just felt like posting an update.It's been almost 6 weeks since FP were taken and still no news whatsoever. Called today and said that because it's still within the 6 month period... that just to wait. :eek:

You are worried needlessly. You are still within the processing timeframe. Even though others in your DO may have received an interview letter, your case might be different given that the background check, name check has not been completed.

mh66ii-
You can look at everyone's signatures to get a rough estimate. I was never told when mine was transferred back to Orlando so I'm not sure, but I've seen the interview letter come in as little as 2 weeks after the fingerprints. Right now, my case is over 6 weeks after and I'm still waiting, but it seems to just vary depending on the person. From what I've seen, once you receive the interview letter, the appointment is within a month of that. Once you pass the interview, the Oath is usually within a month of the interview date. These are only rough estimates, but I've been told by people who've gone through the process that it takes about 5 months from the time you applied to get through the whole process. Hope this helps.

Almost over!!!

Hi Everybody,

Today I had my interview and it went very well, easy, and fast. My app. was for 8:30 so I arrived at 8:00. There was about 20 people inside already, but I only had to wait about 15 minutes to be called. The IO was very friendly and professional. It went directly to ask me questions from my application, my green card, passport, taxes and because I was applying based on 3 years of marriage, she asked me for evidence that we were living together. Even though I brought the mortgage papers, IO wanted more evidence, but other than bills (water, electricity, etc) which now are not enough evidence. IO didn't give more trouble about that and took a copy of my mortgage payment.
The test was fairly easy, I had to write The people elect Congress and read who elects Congress?
I don't rememeber all the questions that were asked but here are some
- Who wrote the declaration of independece? Thomas Jefferson
- What is congress made of? Senate and House of representative
- which state borders Mexico? California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas
- Who is the commander in chief of the military? The president
After that the IO send me back to the waiting room to wait for my oath letter; the ceremony will be done on Friday at 1. I just wait for 5 minutes for my oath letter. Now one more step and I am finally done with immigration!!!!

To the rest of you good luck don't stress too much, if you are new I advice you to read this whole forum it really help me to understand what to expect!!!

Congratulations

Lamona, Congratulations !! on your successful interview and best wishes in advance for your oath!!:)

Congratulations Lamona! I'm happy for you.

Ok i just want to update my status here. I haven't been on for a while, finally I get
the chance to go online and share my experience.

I had interview Aug. 4th and man, the IO I dealt with is like a retired general. He doesnt'
smile and so serious from beginning til the end.

OK appt. was 9 am, i got there around 9:10 20 mins later my name was called. Before
my name was called I saw IO calling other's people name and greet them with a smile
but mine is so SERIOUS like he's an interrogator.

Ok he called my name and I tried to take my wife and my son with me(i saw people who
got called, took some people with them going in for the interview[my application is
marriage based btw]) and he's like "no, just him" to my wife. From there on I know i will
will have a long day in there.

So, I got in and sat down. He asked for my ID and PR card and my wife's BC and
passport. I have them all. So he said He'll start to question about my answers on my
application(n400) and see if my answer will match my answer on my application. He
asked me from the beginning to end to see if all my answer will matched.

After long questioning about the application, he didn't pause whatsoever and start
asking about the civics and stuff. At first it caught me off guard but I fortunately answer
all of them correctly. Passed all his questions and didn't say any problem about my app.

35-45 mins later, he said I passed the test and it's recommended for apporoval. He said
he'll give it to his supervisor for approval. My wife told me that what took me so long,
she said a lot of people came in there after me but they finished the interview before me.

So i'm definitely sure he's the most strictest IO in that room. The IO didn't smile
the whole time we were talking.. maybe a few but it's really quick.

He didn't mentioned the interview every FRIDAY but said I will get it in the mail.
I didn't asked him either about the friday interview since he probably mentioned it to me
if he really wants me to be there.

So it's almost 2 weeks now and have not gotten any interview date yet, and I got a few
questions:

How long will it takes to send out oath letter?
When should I start calling them about my applications?

Thanks.

.............He didn't mentioned the interview every FRIDAY but said I will get it in the mail.
I didn't asked him either about the friday interview since he probably mentioned it to me
if he really wants me to be there.

So it's almost 2 weeks now and have not gotten any interview date yet, and I got a few
questions:

Congrats! As a reminder, you had your interview, so another one will not be required. :D.

Interview Letter Finally

Hi All-
I finally received the Interview Letter over the weekend. :D My husband and I were extremely ecstatic. It's for Sept 21, at 9:30am; just over 1 month away. I've heard that the Orlando office does Oaths every Friday at their office. Anyone know if this is true or if we have to ask for it? I want to be as prepared as possible for that appointment.

Thanks.

Orlando DO has oath every Friday of the month. This program is only cancelled if USCIS wants to hold a big oath ceremony on a particular day. For example, the Friday oath dates were canceled for the month of June as the Orlando DO wanted to have a sizable group for the 3rd July ceremony at the Disney this year.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Who told you that Orlando has oath every friday? It seems like you are right. I checked most of the oath dates on past applicant signature here and all of them falls on friday but could not determine if it is every friday. No wonder that USCIS built this huge facility in orlando. I guess to reduce cost of renting Orange county convention center and they own the place now so they can do oath weekly or even daily if they want to.I hope someone could clearify the every week issue but still if oath is once a month is a good news.

My oath was done this morning and it was awesome. Great experience!

And now I'm a proud AMERICAN! Good luck to all of you. You're american dream
will soon be come true.

Thanks to this message board for helping alot of people.

Once again, just updating my time line to reflect recent development:

07/17/2009 : N-400 Mailed to TSC (Lewisville, TX).
07/23/2009 : Check Cashed.
08/13/09: FP Appointment
08/05/09: FP Walk in
09/08/09: IL Received
10/07/09: Interview Date (Scheduled)

I had my inteview yesterday and I wil share my expiriance here and hopefully this expiriance help others who going same jurny:)
Inteview was scheduladed for 2 pm, I get there obout 1:20pm and was called in at 1:30.
Officer was lady and she was nice, serious and profesional but polite at same time. My application is mariage based, so she asked me why my husband haven't come with me and she told me that it would be better if he is there... Anyway, he wasn't there and we went over that. She asked me to swear to tell truth and only truth. Then she asked for my GC, DL, and passport and had few questions about my trips in last three years. All trips were less then a month long, so it was ok. Then she carefully looked documentes I send with my application and she also had all my documentes from very first application for green card, she was going through it for about 10-15 min without asking any question. Then she asked few questions from my application very quicly and we came to civic test.
Who is the father of our country?
How many representatives in House?
For how many years are representatives ? 2 years
One war in 1900's?
First three words? We the people
what month we vote for president?

she asked me to write : Washington was the first president.
and to read: George Washington is the father of our country...

She apsolutly did't ask for any other document to see except for gc, dl and pasport. I offered some documents like last taxes from this year, but she told she doesn't need it.
So, asked me to sign application and photos and gave me outh latter for Sept.24th at Orange County Conventional /Center ... And that was it... Easy and quick.
good luck for /all of you..
D/O Orlando

01/27/09 N400 sent to Texas
01/28/09 Recived-priority date
03/27/09 yellow letter recived
06/17/09 Biometrics letter
06/24/09 Fingerprints done (walk in)
08/05/09 Interview letter recived
09/09/09 Inteview date
09/24/09 Oath

CentralFlorida

Interview Experience: 07/22/09 in Orlando

- 7:30am: GPS took me to corporate center blvd and said to turn left, which was a dead end street. A nice lady was driving behind me, also with her gps and looking for the USCIS center. We eventually found it several blocks down on the right hand side.

Entered the large facility, noticed people walking out because they took in their cell phones and were told to leave them in the car.
Walked in, reminded me of airport security, had to remove my belt, and put all items in a box that was scanned through the x-ray machine.
- 7:50am:
Slid my notification letter under Windows #9 and sat for about 20 minutes before I was called in by an older gentleman, resembling ronald reagan.

We walked into his office and he had me stand by the chair and swear to tell the truth. Then we both sat and he asked to see the yellow letter, which asked for additional paperwork such as arrest records.

I came prepared and had copies of everything as well as the originals to give to him. He wanted my driver license, passport and permanent resident card.

He asked me what I was arrested for and how it was resolved. I gave him the whole story and showed him the expungement of records.

He then made some copies for himself and started the civics test.
He said there were 10 questions, and I would need to get 6 correct.
1. When was the constitution written?
2. How many senators are there?
3. Name a senator in your state?
4. What was one reason for the civil war?
5. Name one state that borders Canada.
6. What keeps one branch of the government from becoming too powerful?

Then he asked me to read one of three sentences.
The American flag contains colors red, white and blue.
Then he asked me to write the following sentence:
The colors of the flag are red, white and blue.

Then he asked me some questions in relating to the application, such as have i been married to 2 people at once or have i been a part of a terrorist organization.

He was very thorough, patient and professional. I felt at ease, though I talked his ear off trying to convince him that my English speaking skills proficient.

He stamped everything, had me sign the back of 2 pictures for the file and then he said I should get a letter within the week, inviting me to the oath ceremony on Friday july 31st 2009.

The time has come! I'm excited. I shook his hand and left the building with a wide permanent resident 'grin' on my face. 9:04am
:D

Central Florida,

I see no update in your timeline - did you complete your Oath? I am interested because I too had an arrest (traffic-related) - I would like to know if it could affect my processing timeline...

Thanks.

interview Done

07/16/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
07/20/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
07/22/2009 Check Cashed Date
07/20/2009 I-797C Notice Date
07/29/2009 I-797C Received Date
08/13/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
09/6/2009 Interview Letter Received Date
10/6/2009 Interview Date
10/6/2009 Oath Letter Received Date (Right after interview that day)
10/9/2009 Oath Date (Scheduled for 10 am)

10/10/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
10/16/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
10/20/2009 Check Cashed Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Notice Date
10/20/2009 I-797C Received Date
10/27/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
10/29/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
11/09/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
11/02/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date (The Application Support Center was enpty. When I asked, he said that it was the first Monday they are opened and hence people might not know. they were usually opened from TUE to FRI but from 11/02/09 they are opened MON to FRI. NOTE: He also said that if they are a bit busy, they send away people who come in for walk-in and ask them to come during their appt only. He said I am luckly that there is no one and he can easily do mine.)

11/11/2009 Status Changed to "Testing and Interview" However, I applied along with my wife, her status has not changed yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will change soon.

SPECIAL UPDATE: 11/21/2009 My wife's Status changed today (or maybe yesterday as I just looked at it now to check status). Now, both our application is in "Testing and Interview" status.

Update:

11/23/2009 Interview Letter Received Date (Both for me and my wife)
12/15/2009 Interview Date for me and 01/20/2010 for my wife
(Yes different dates for each of us)

12/15/2009 Interview Date
12/15/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
12/18/2009 Oath Date

Oath done and now US Citizen.

My Oath was at 10AM 18 dec, I went there at 8:30AM after dropping my kids in school. There was an Oath at 9AM and since I was there early, they let me in it and was done at 9:45AM.

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I hope someone can help me,here is my case: I went to the interview October 19th 2009 to the Orlando office and the IO told me they will sent me a letter to come to the Oath ceremony on this Friday October 30th. Well is Wednesday 28 already and I didnt get the oath letter..
Should I worry? Do you think probablty they will sent me to a different oath? i am confused
Help!

9/16/09 interview letter
10/19/09 interview date
xxxxxxx Oath letter
xxxxxxx Oath ceremony

Hi there! I hope someone can help me,here is my case: I went to the interview October 19th 2009 to the Orlando office and the IO told me they will sent me a letter to come to the Oath ceremony on this Friday October 30th. Well is Tuesday already and I didnt get the oath letter..
Should I worry?
I know Orlando has oath every Friday.Was 23rd oath full or there was another reason your oath was expected for 30th?