Oregon SESA Processing Times

why are 245i necessary RIR cases

That was geat news!!!

Companies that hire foreigners losing legal visa status tend to be smaller companies. Lacking continuing recruit efforts may block them from using RIR ...

What do you think?

how long for sesa

how long does it normally take OR SESA from starting to process a case to move it to DOL? Any idea or experience?

Then how long in the regional DOL office? Haven\'t seen much cases in the OR discussion group ...

No Title

according to 245i:
1. Employer has to file the LC before 4/30. And of course the employer has to hire an "illegal" immigrant at that point.

2. People already have filed I-140 but out of status can file 245i

3. People filed for LC by their relatives to qualified will probably not going thru employment based immit. Even does, they probably are much lower paid job.

So I don\'t think it will affect the I-140. And the good news too is that people use 245i have to use the new priority date... So INS will get to your case before theirs.

Hope this helps.

P.

No Effect on the I140 Dates Due to 245i

The I140 dates might not have any affect \'cause of the 245i as there is a new INS opened in Missouri just to process the 245i. These applications are all already transferred over to there. That is why there is no effect on the I140 current processing times in all the other regular INS service centres.

thanks

Hi Spkumar,

Thanks.

One mroe question. Is it usually the regional DOL not the SESA who is asking for NOF or RFE?

The immigration manager in my company told me almost in every state the DOL requests more evidence for RIR cases now due to the recent layoff.

I\'ll keep you posted when I have more information or hear back from SESA :)

What is your situation? PD? RIR?

funny

funny thing. My company\'s headquater is in CA, but I work in OR. So my lawyer sent my case to OR.

I guess it doesn\'t matter unless the processing time is very different. But CA is also stuck at 4/30\'s 245i cases.

Already April 30th Processing !!

SP,
Looks like once the 30th Processing time is done the dates are expected to move fast. This is also visible with the CA SESA as they just moved beyond 30th and immediately within 2 days they moved to 7th May. Also when I talked to Pat he mentioned that there are few applications after the 245i deadline. As mentioned we just have to pray to god to have this 30th move past soon. Also in these 8 days around 3 days have been spent on the Non RIR cases.

Words from State

I wrote an email to the OR ALC and asked for a rough est. on RIR moving beyong 30th. The reply was by mid - late Dec.

I have to say they did reply me very promptly. The situation is not so as good as we would like to see, but lets hope that they are doing their best as well. Cheers all - LO

No Title

Hello folks:
It is terrible to see this agonizing wait for a Permanent Residency to this great country... Many of us have to face this agonizingly slow task and as soon as we are through we forget about it! It is high time we, the taxpayers did something about it!
I propose the following:
Everyone (including anyone that you know) should ask their lawyers to petition AILA to lobby in the US Congress and House (in fact, our employers can write a petition too), to streamline the Labor Certification approval process so that Labor must be certified in a reasonable amount of time (like 1-2 months instead of 1-2 years!).
Please post your thoughts on this...
Thanks,
-KRSN

Thats Good news !!

Hi Helenyan,
Thanks for giving the good news and Congratulations. Do you belong to one of those big companies like Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Nike or Tektronics in Oregon?. Simple Yes/No.

SP, I think every one of us should call the appropriate people. I am doing myside of it.

when did you get notice that your case had been transferred to Federal DOL office?

My case is also 04/30. But my lawer said they hadn\'t herd anything from oregon and fedelral DOL yet.

Helenyan: when did you get notice that your case had been transferred to Federal DOL office?

I am sorry -- this is question for helenyan.

No Title

You can check by yourself by sending e-mail to lcstatus10@doleta.gov with your enployer\'s tax ID number or the telephone number. You can find out how to check in this web site: http://www.immigration-law.com/ under DOL Processing Times. (
* For e-mail checking, the status can be checked using one of three numbers: (It is underlined here for emphasis. People should not underline in typing in the body of the message!)

(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;

(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;

(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.

* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.

* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.)

helenyan, how can one I the case number?

I thought one does not get the case number until the case has been transfrred to the federal DOL?