Oregon SESA Processing Times

gruha

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Lets start a discussion here on OR SESA processing times. Mine filed June11th. No receipt yet. Found from the lawyer that RIR processing is stopped cause of 245(i) logging. Expected processing time 9 months due to the back log. Lets start posting our experiences here to this thread.

No Title

Hello Guys,

Is it that there is no one who filed it in OR. Then it is good for us guys as we can have quick processing. Please post your stuff to have a discussion to keep this thing alive.

No Title

I dont know. But one of the friend happened to have talked to the SESA office and they said they have lot of back log apart from the 245 logging that is going on. They said it may take 4-6 months for approval. When he talked to the DOL office in Seattle he was informed the situation to be not so grim. DOL said they are looking into it to make sure that the procesing times of both SESA and DOL are kept to the minimum.

Did you get your Receipt yet?. What is your filing?. Is it RIR EB2/EB3...

No Title

My Oregon labor was filed on 21FEB2001 in RIR (relevant for EB3) category. My attorney says that the out come should be available soon and persuaded me to be patient. But so far no out come...
BTW, when was your labor filed?

No Title

My Labor is filed with OR SESA in the first week of June. Looks like they are looking at 6 months to process this one ( I talked to the number indicated above). Bad timing. And mean while DOL is looking into the effectiveness of RIR processing with slowing economy and increasing unemployment. This was a news on www.immigration-law.com

No Title

Hi Guys,

The news item at the Immigration-law.com might not be correct as I have seen few postings in other sites claiming it is wrong. Infact DOL is issuing a Regular to RIR conversion process in a week or so. My case with OR SESA was filed in the first week of June. I have another friend whose RIR was filed on May 1. I will post if any thing comes up. Is it worth to send mails to the Oregon Mayor explaining the delays so that he/she can work on issuing more resources for this work. Also if any one has any updates please post to this string.

No Title

Allow me... Yellow ribbon for all of us. Please keep adding your\'s update and if you\'ve got the LC please let us share your great news.

OREGON SESA Processing Time track!

Name ReceiptTime Category Case
-------------------------------------------------
Rajakumar 02/21 EB3 RIR Pending

QuestionAsked 04/13 EB2 RIR Pending

Spkumar 05/15 EB3 RIR Pending

Gruba 06/11 ??? Pending

No Title

OREGON SESA Processing Time track!

Name ReceiptTime Category Case
-------------------------------------------------
Rajakumar 02/21 EB3 RIR Pending

QuestionAsked 04/13 EB2 RIR Pending

Spkumar 05/15 EB3 RIR Pending

Gruba 06/11 EB2 Pending

Gruha\'s Friend 05/01 EB3 Pending

RajaKumar, I think some thing is wrong in your case as I know of cases which were filed in the first week of March and were approved long back. Ask your Attorney to call SESA and have it figured out.

Following is the number where you can call OR SESA to find which date hey are processing currently. It is an actual and very nice person talking. ### 503 947 1678

No Title

Hi Question Asked,

That atleast is good news as it means they started processing now. It was stuck with first week of March for the last three months \'cause of 245(i) logging. Did he talk any thing about expediting the processing to cover up for the time. Or did he mention how long your case filed in April going to take?.

No Title

Thanks Gruha. I also suspect some goof up some where for my labor. I followed up with my attorney to get my case number and still waiting for a reply.

No Title

Sorry, I was so not used to be greeted by an actual human being not a machine that I forgot to ask all the important questions. Can someone call the number again?

No Title

My attorney office responded.
They had got a question some months ago from SESA and submitted a clarification letter from my employer. They didn\'t give me the details (why,what, when, how...) / signficance of the clarification letter.
I didn\'t think that it is a good idea for me to do the inquiry directly as it is now known that there was a glitch which my attorney office addressed.
I resorted to pressurizing my attorney office to do an inquiry / follow up directly as soon as possible.
I will keep you guys posted.

No Title

Guys,
I didn\'t get exact details from my attorney office. But was told that my labor had some other glitch in SESA even after submitting the clarification letter. You know how these guys work...
I am copy pasting the exact dialogue, please bear with the length.
Best regards
Raj

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Raj,

Thanks to your persistence, we located the glitch.
I am working with the Department of Labor to expedite your Labor Certification.
I will contact you when I have any additional information.

Richard Pitter
Legal Assistant

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajendiran, Rajakumar [SMTP:Rajendiran.Rajakumar@emeryworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 5:30 PM
To: \'rlp@whitemcd.com\'
Subject: RE: SESA DTE

Thanks Rich.

Yes, I would highly appreciate if your office follows up on my labor. I
strongly doubt that something / somewhere has a glitch. Some of my friends
who filed for labor here in Oregon in late March have got their approval or
response.
I understood that I can try to follow up directly with my case number but I
believe that your office would be more professional to handle follow up /
inquiry.

Clarification letter - What was the clarification letter about? When it was
made? When was the response submitted? What does it generally mean / signify
my processing?

Please bear with me, I definitely don\'t want to regret later that I hadn\'t
shown interest in the processing. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards
Raj
Tel: (503)-450-5737

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:14 PM
To: \'Rajendiran, Rajakumar\'
Subject: RE: SESA DTE

Raj,

My apologies for the delay responding to your inquiry.

We have not yet received any information that the Oregon SESA has forwarded
your application to Region X. They did request a clarification letter from
Emery Worldwide, which we facilitated, so they have everything they
requested.

Although I have received letters from Oregon in the past when they
forwarded applications to DOL Region X, I have also seen applications go
through that office and receive certification without such notification.

I will ask Attorney McNamara whether it is advisable to contact Oregon SESA
regarding your application.

Richard Pitter
Legal Assistant

From: Rajendiran, Rajakumar [SMTP:Rajendiran.Rajakumar@emeryworld.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 4:26 AM
To: \'rlp@whitemcd.com\'
Subject: SESA DTE

Hi Rich,
I understood that Oregon SESA office will notify your office upon my state
labor approval. After which the application moves DOL office in Seattle for
regional labor clearance.
Is my understanding correct?
Did your office get my SESA approval? If it was rejected, please let me
know
what is happening. I can understand and I won\'t be fussy about it.
If it was approved, what\'s the date it was approved?
I understand that I am bugging your office with too many questions in this
mail. But I hope you will be able to understand my concerns.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Looking forward for your reply.
Best regards
Raj

No Title

Hi Raj,

Thats good news to know that the case is moving now. nce they get back to the file it wont be long before they move it to DOL in Seattle. Whats your case?. Is it EB3 /EB2 / RIR...

No Title

Hi Guys,
Just talked with Oregon SESA and found that they are processing March 21st as of today for the RIR applications. Looks like atleast things are moving.

No Title

Hi Guys,
Finally heard from my attorney office. My case seems to have been atlast forwarded to DOL. Below is the copy paste from my attorney office.
In pursuit of another horizon (DOL). I hope this time atleast the waters won\'t be as turbulent as they were with SESA.
Best regards
Raj
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Raj,

The Oregon SESA responded to my inquiry today.
When we contacted them last month, they were unaware of the response we had provided in April.
We sent copies of the materials and FedEx receipts to them on June 30 by FedEx.
The Oregon SESA now acknowledges that they forwarded your case to DOL Region X on July 2.

Richard Pitter
Legal Assistant

No Title

Congrats Rajakumar. DOL should not take more than 2 weeks for approval as Seattle DOL is moving really fast. another friend of mine got the approval less than 2 weeks after forwarding from SESA. Guys, can one of you talk to SESA OR to find out which date they are processing now.