October Filer

Any updates

Hello All:

Any updates on what dates they are processing for 140 at NSC ? there are no updates i see now a days .. My RD/PD is 31-oct-2003 still pending no updates ? need someone to throw some light on the processing at NSC

I too reveived an e-mail after FP

Just thaught i would share some movement....

Received e-mail 3 days ago from USCIS , saying they have received the FP , and processing has resumed ....

Still waiting for I140 (RD Oct/20/2003) EB3/RIR.
Still waiting for 485 (RD Jan/2004)
EAD/AP Approved April 2004.
FP Done.

Tx.

Received e-mail from uscis

Received e-mail today saying they have received the FP!

waiting for I140 (RD Oct/2/2003
waiting for 1485

dmus/abt/rajendr,

What is that FP email from USCIS about?

Is that email sent after the FBI investigation, indicating that the USCIS has received the FBI report. Or is it just a notification of the fact that the finger prints were taken at a certain center and the USCIS has received them for forwarding them to the FBI for investigation?

I just called the FBI number and found out that the FBI had sent my report back to USCIS the very same day I had gotten finger printed. But the USCIS web-site does not show any updates on that. I wonder why?

I was finger printed on Apr. 29th 2004.

gimme140 said:
I just called the FBI number and found out that the FBI had sent my report back to USCIS the very same day I had gotten finger printed. But the USCIS web-site does not show any updates on that. I wonder why?

I was finger printed on Apr. 29th 2004.

what is the number u called gimme140 ? and was there a live person or answering machine there ?

I called 304 625 5590. There was a live person and there was no hold time. She just asked for my alien number and first and last name, to get my information.

The other number is 304 625 2406. If I remember correct their office hours are 8:00AM to 5:30PM (Mon-Fri).

Fp

FP Done on May 25 .. Called FBI and they said , the result was sent on the same day to INS. still not updated in the website.

--------------
I-140 NSC/EB3 OCT 16,2003
I-485 - NOV 06,2003

Checked with USCIS about unchaged web-site status related to the FP report. Answer was, USCIS rarely sends emails or updates the web-site with FP report information.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fp

Got an email from USCIS about Fingerprint has received and I-485 process has started. But no movement on I-140 (OCT 16,2003) ..

--------------
I-140 EB3/RIR -OCT 16,2003
I-485 - NOV 06,2003

FINGER PRINT - MAY 25,2004

Online Status changed after FP done

My online status got changed today and I got email too. I did my FP on 21st May and below is the message I got..

"On May 29, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were
received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made..."

Thanks..
---------My Case Details-----------------
I140 ND: 7th October, 2003 - Pending
I485 ND: 6th November, 2003 - Pending
1st EAD approved
1st AP approved
1st FP done on 21st May 2004

i-140 question

I-140 /EB3 -NEBRASKA OCT 16,2003 -Pending
I-485 - NOV 06,2003
EAD Approved - dec 16,2003
Finger print - may 25,2004 , status updated

When iam on pending I-140 , can i switch to a different company using AC-21 ?

Your responses most appreciated

shanmugam1174 said:
I-140 /EB3 -NEBRASKA OCT 16,2003 -Pending
I-485 - NOV 06,2003
EAD Approved - dec 16,2003
Finger print - may 25,2004 , status updated

When iam on pending I-140 , can i switch to a different company using AC-21 ?

Your responses most appreciated

Hey shanmugam1174,

"Been there Dindn't do that".

There has been a lot of discussion about this, very few people say u can shift while many others say u cant, the final dcission will be upto you as some people intrepret the law one way while others interpret the other way.

I have been in that situation and after thinking/consulting a lot of people i did not do it.

Reason: If you use AC-21 u will have to work on EAD and if your underlying 140 is deinied u will be out of status and u might need to go back to your home country and get a new h1.

Other scenario might b, u might get a rfe and your x-employer might not answer it bcoz u already have left him which again might lead to your 140 denial.

With the present rate of rfe's and denials i really dont think its a good idea to use AC-21 before 140 is approved but then its just my opinion.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Shanmugam, I am in the same boat as you.

octFiler - thank you for your PRECISE answer. I was goign to post the same info.

As for I am concerned, I am just going to wait until my I-140 is approved

My FP was processed in 11 days

My FP was conducted on May 15 and they got the results in 11 days.
My I-140 has not been touched since Oct 03 and my I-485 was recently updated on May 26, 04.

Here's the message I got regarding my FP results:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 25, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.