October Filer

Re:FP

Hi GC_Illusion,

Try to appear at the INS office on time.

Both you and your wife carry the following,

Finger print notice
EAD (both of you, only if you have)
Passports
And any other ID (Drivers license or state ID).

In my case, they just checked the FP notice and EAD. It was quick and smooth.

PS:This is truely based on my exp, try to check other places for the correct info.

Finger printing

I received fingerprinting notice for May 20, one month back. But my wife has not receive any finger-printing notice till now.

We applied I-140, I-485, EAD and AP in October 2003, both of us received EAD and AP in Nov/Dec 2003. I am a primary applicant. My wife is also on H1B working in Indianapolis while I am working in Chicago. In the application, we had put her Indianapolis address.

Could the difference in our addresses be cause for non-receipt of my wife's finger-printing notice.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Contact your Attorney

Contact your attorney, he may got both of your FP notices.It's happened to my friend too.

Regards

Any Updates

All
Any updates on the processing dates on 140. My FP was done on May 11 2004.

140 RD 31-oct-2003 Pending
EAD Approved
AP Approved
485 Pending

Are they processing 140 for oct 2003 or stopped completely

Will 485 update when AP is filed?

Does anybody know if NSC would update the 485 when an applicant file for an AP later on?
My situation is as follows; I filed my I-140/I-485/EAD concurrently on 10/01/2003. My EAD was approved in November 2003, but my 140 and 485 are still pending wihtout RFE's. I filed my AP on 4/30/04 and the USCIS website shows this information; however, my 485 still shows its last update as 10/07/03.
My understanding is that AP's are always attached to 485's, so updates on AP's should trigger updates on 485's. Does this mean NSC doesn't quite know where my files are?
Is there anybody with a similar situation that did get an update on his/her 485?

Done with FP

Did any of you recieve an email from USCIS after the finger prints are done?
When can we expect to see the status update once the FP is done..., any one has any idea?

Vignesh_S said:
Did any of you recieve an email from USCIS after the finger prints are done?
When can we expect to see the status update once the FP is done..., any one has any idea?

Vignesh, I to got my fp done on 8th may but so far havent received any notice neither was my status updayed in the site. I dont think they will send any notice once FP is done. Regarding updating the date on the USCIS i am not sure if they will do it after the FP is done. Senior members/gurus, do you know if they update the ststus?

Thanks,
octFiler.

3235_chelsea,

AP is depends on 485, not attached. You can see, both are having different LIN number. The status on USCIS is based on LIN number.

octFiler :)
Please add my case LIN -04 -002-5XXXX to scan list.

RD 10/02/1003

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_illusion,

I don't mean they are attached physically. What I meant was, NSC would have to at least look at the I485 before they approve an AP. So, it made sense that they would file (and by file I also mean folder, drawer, portfolio and things of that nature) AP's and 485's together or at the general vicinity of each other. So, logically, if they updated my AP they should have seen, touched, or acknowledged the existence of my 485 and that should have triggered and update on my 485 as well. Then again, logic seldom applies here. I am just worried that my AP is randomly placed waiting to collect dust.

gc_illusion said:
3235_chelsea,

AP is depends on 485, not attached. You can see, both are having different LIN number. The status on USCIS is based on LIN number.

Any Updates at all on 140 cases

All
Any updates on the processing dates on 140. My FP was done on May 11 2004.

140 RD 31-oct-2003 Pending
EAD Approved
AP Approved
485 Pending

Are they processing 140 for oct 2003 or stopped completely. I do not see any progress on the 140 cases

FP's Received...UCIS updated the I-485

All Oct filers...I have an update to share..

UCIS has updated my I-485 application today saying ...."the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

But still yet to hear about I-140 updates...

Fp Done

I140/EB3 Still Waiting, NO RFE
RD:10/16
ND:10/16
I485,I-765 -- 11/06/03
EAD & AP Approved :12/16/03
FP Done 05/25/04

Re: FP received notice

Hi GC_Illusion,

Yes, I did get an e-mail from UCIS yesterday evening.

Thanks,
ABT

My 140

RD: Oct. 24, 2003
PD: ?
FP: May 25, 2004
No 140, No RFE.

I didn't here any updates on the processing dates on 140.
I think INS doesn't process I-140/EB3 of concurrent filer now.