• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October 2016 visa bulletin released - November interviews

Hello, and thank you for the great news.

And thanks again for helping us to go through all this, really...
After reading various topics here, I have some questions on issues not totally clear to me, sorry for the repetition.

1. My number - 2017000100XX - is current, as you predicted, and I might get interview in November, right?
I know we discussed this once before, but if my interview gets scheduled before my J1 visa 2 home stay requirement ends, which is mid December, how the green card can be issued to me before the J1 rule ends, not sure how this part works...

2. What exactly "unlocking" DS260 means? Sign in again? And would unlock my DS260, submitted in May, delay my interview?
I have saved the filled out DS260, but only two pages were downloaded and would like to check it.

3. If things go smoothly at the interview (US embassy in Sarajevo), what's the starting, and the end point, of activating GC?
4. I plan to schedule my medical exam only after I receive the 2NL, do you think that's the right course?

Good luck to everyone.
So grateful for this forum and you all guys' time.

Hi,
I'm selected in DV 2017,
My case number is 2017Eu00010xxx. I'm Italian and my case number is current. I submitted Ds260 on June 18.
I can be sure to have my interview ? If the answer is yes, in which month(probably)?
Thanks in advance ;)

Hello, and thank you for the great news.

And thanks again for helping us to go through all this, really...
After reading various topics here, I have some questions on issues not totally clear to me, sorry for the repetition.

1. My number - 2017000100XX - is current, as you predicted, and I might get interview in November, right?
I know we discussed this once before, but if my interview gets scheduled before my J1 visa 2 home stay requirement ends, which is mid December, how the green card can be issued to me before the J1 rule ends, not sure how this part works...

2. What exactly "unlocking" DS260 means? Sign in again? And would unlock my DS260, submitted in May, delay my interview?
I have saved the filled out DS260, but only two pages were downloaded and would like to check it.

3. If things go smoothly at the interview (US embassy in Sarajevo), what's the starting, and the end point, of activating GC?
4. I plan to schedule my medical exam only after I receive the 2NL, do you think that's the right course?

Good luck to everyone.
So grateful for this forum and you all guys' time.

You don't get issued a green card at the interview, you get an immigrant visa. You can discuss the situation with the interviewing officer. Given that the interview will be close to the end of the home stay requirement they may (for example) instruct you not to enter the US before your requirement is up, or they may delay issuing the visa till the time is right. Or there may be another solution I haven't thought of. However I am sure it won't be an issue. The 'end point' of activating the GC will be expiry of your visa, which will be the shorter of 6 months after issue or expiry of your medical - the expiry date will be on the visa itself of course.

And yes the usual practice is to only schedule once you have your 2NL. Indeed most panel doctors won't schedule an interview without it (not all though).

Hi,
thanks for the previous reply, I think I need your help once again..
At the moment I am thinking to email KCC to unlock my DS-260 to check my data, which I could'nt download properly.
Case number EU000100XXX and I submitted the form mid May.
Would unlocking my DS260 delay my interview, i.e. would it mean that I submitted it in October?
Also I have business trip to Asia on October 7 and dont want my interview to happen on those dates at all...

Thank you

Hi,
thanks for the previous reply, I think I need your help once again..
At the moment I am thinking to email KCC to unlock my DS-260 to check my data, which I could'nt download properly.
Case number EU000100XXX and I submitted the form mid May.
Would unlocking my DS260 delay my interview, i.e. would it mean that I submitted it in October?
Also I have business trip to Asia on October 7 and dont want my interview to happen on those dates at all...

Thank you

You don't need to unlock you DS260 to review it.

Your case number is not clear from your post - is it 1000 range or 10000 range? 10000 range is current for November interviews.

If you are not already scheduled for October, you won't now be scheduled for October.

You don't need to unlock you DS260 to review it.

Your case number is not clear from your post - is it 1000 range or 10000 range? 10000 range is current for November interviews.

If you are not already scheduled for October, you won't now be scheduled for October.

Thanks Britsimon...My CN is EU2017100XX. However, since I would like to have the interview in January or February 2017, is there something I could do at this point, I mean something not risky? (Have not received second NL so far.)
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks Britsimon...My CN is EU2017100XX. However, since I would like to have the interview in January or February 2017, is there something I could do at this point, I mean something not risky? (Have not received second NL so far.)
Cheers!

Because you submitted in May, processing is probably finished by now. That means they will most likely schedule you for a November interview. You could contact KCC and ask them not to do that, but anytime you go outside the normal flow of things, there is risk.

Because you submitted in May, processing is probably finished by now. That means they will most likely schedule you for a November interview. You could contact KCC and ask them not to do that, but anytime you go outside the normal flow of things, there is risk.

Got it!

Also, I think I might be having cold feet.

no, not "top" in that sense. Top in, having the most people selected out of every country.

Yes there is a reason for that - it is to do with the formula that decides how many visas are awarded to each region - and with the goal to encourage diversity in the USA.

Hi!

I'm a DV 17 selectee from Australia.
My case number is 2017OC000007XX. I submitted Ds260 on June 21st.

By the looks of the OC region, only an additional 145 cases were made current for November interview times.

Does anyone know if we're especially slow here in Australia, due to the lower amount of visas given to the Oceanic region? Would I be looking at being current in Feb with an interview in March? Additionally, once I am current do I wait for an email from the KCC or need to manually log into the ESC?

Thanks you so much in advance!

Hi!

I'm a DV 17 selectee from Australia.
My case number is 2017OC000007XX. I submitted Ds260 on June 21st.

By the looks of the OC region, only an additional 145 cases were made current for November interview times.

Does anyone know if we're especially slow here in Australia, due to the lower amount of visas given to the Oceanic region? Would I be looking at being current in Feb with an interview in March? Additionally, once I am current do I wait for an email from the KCC or need to manually log into the ESC?

Thanks you so much in advance!

That pace is not slow at all. 12 months at that 145 increase would be 1750 - which is higher than the highest number. So - RELAX!

That pace is not slow at all. 12 months at that 145 increase would be 1750 - which is higher than the highest number. So - RELAX!
Thankyou Britsimon- I am such a anxious over planner! :)

If I am approved at interview stage, how long do they give you to leave your country and enter the USA?

Thankyou Britsimon- I am such a anxious over planner! :)

If I am approved at interview stage, how long do they give you to leave your country and enter the USA?

The stuff that I gathered from reading this forum is that your activation trip has to be before the expiry date of your medical. And you can activate and return the same day. Then you have a year to sort out everything and make your permanent move.