OCI - Washington DC Tracker

updated status

8/23/10 - OnLine Registration
8/24/10 - Mailed Application
8/25/10 - Application Received by Embassy
9/23/10 - Application Acknowledged
10/8/10 - Photo Scanned

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum_User_99, Good stuff, looks like CWG fever is finally getting over :) I hope to see some movement in my wife case today too.

Forum_User_99,
Great news, after this it goes to India, hope thing change there. I am in the same stage(phot/sign) sinceSept 22nd but still waiting to move forward.

Status of my OCI Application is:
Date Of Acknowledgment 27-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted On 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

The OCI is granted on 29th Sep and the documents are not printed till now. Is anything I can do to make it faster.

I am planning for a visit to India in 3rd week of November. Hope I get my OCI before that.

The OCI is granted on 29th Sep and the documents are not printed till now. Is anything I can do to make it faster

Just PRAY....

Things in Delhi office halted before the CWG started and I am thinking it will reopen only after (they receive hardware once) CWG is over. I and some other folks are in the same stage "Hanging".

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw some change in my case after 2 and half weeks, the "Registration Status" shows as GRANTED as of tomorrow's date (10/12/10) even though it is early morning hours in India, well who cares...?

I just saw some change in my case after 2 and half weeks, the "Registration Status" shows as GRANTED as of tomorrow's date (10/12/10) even though it is early morning hours in India, well who cares...?

Congrats VM. Mine is still in Photo Scanned. Hopefully things will pick up after 14th when CWG is finally over.

OCI and SC

I have a question and would appreciate reposne.

I have submitted both SC and OCI together to the DC office. It has been 5 weeks and my application has not even been acknowledged. I understand DC office has already informed that it will be 8 weeks for acknowledgement to occur.

My question is on the status of my SC and passpost cancellation.

Thanks in advance.

Srini

I have a question and would appreciate reposne.

I have submitted both SC and OCI together to the DC office. It has been 5 weeks and my application has not even been acknowledged. I understand DC office has already informed that it will be 8 weeks for acknowledgement to occur.

My question is on the status of my SC and passpost cancellation.

Thanks in advance.

Srini

Sit tight Srini, everything will come together if you applied together. They have been painfully slow for last few weeks, I wish somebody fire them all and replace them with some educated people who WORK and care about people time.

Hello everyone, haven't posted before and have been a silent observer till now. Just wanted to update everyone that I have finally seen movement in my application after days of delay.

Date Of Acknowledgment 20-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 24-AUG-2010
Registration Status Granted On 20-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED 9-OCT-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office 13-OCT-2010
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

So finally CWG are over today. We should see some movements in our cases now :)
Not sure if CWG has anything to do with this. If you see other embassies, they are moving along fine.

For some reasons, apps in SFO are getting 'Granted' status within a day or two after photo is scanned. Slowness seem to be a DC thing.

Not sure if CWG has anything to do with this. If you see other embassies, they are moving along fine.

For some reasons, apps in SFO are getting 'Granted' status within a day or two after photo is scanned. Slowness seem to be a DC thing.

I agree. The CWG is an irrelevant issue here. It all depends on the volume of applications received at each embassy. BTW the CWG turned out awesome despite all he negative PR. India, in the end, did a great job!

That was only speculation to create humor which may or may not be true about CWG but some thing happend from Sept 25th till Oct 8th or 11th in Delhi which affected all the consulates in US. Like chicago and NY they posted technical problem and some sites like DC, houston they didn't even bother to inform. I haven't seen much pace after the break period but it looks certainly it will now move on and we all should see some changes. If your are thinking DC is the slowest then read the houston forum, they are processing May applications. Poor applicants they are like trapped miners. Hope next week will be good for you, me and all.

I Just saw a status change for my file. I am now at the "Granted" stage of the process.

ForumUser 99 - i think yours will be granted too since we both had same Akwd' and scan dates.

That was only speculation to create humor which may or may not be true about CWG but some thing happend from Sept 25th till Oct 8th or 11th in Delhi which affected all the consulates in US. Like chicago and NY they posted technical problem and some sites like DC, houston they didn't even bother to inform. I haven't seen much pace after the break period but it looks certainly it will now move on and we all should see some changes. If your are thinking DC is the slowest then read the houston forum, they are processing May applications. Poor applicants they are like trapped miners. Hope next week will be good for you, me and all.

Now that the trapped miners are out, hopefully Houston Applicants will see the light at the end of the tunnel as well. :) The inconsistencies between embassies is puzzling to say the least. Well, it is still much better than Green Card Processing in US.

Date Of Acknowledgment 27-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted On 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 18-OCT-2010

At last the documents are printed today!