OCI - San Francisco Tracker

mayil, did u try walk in to collect OCI. Are you going to wait for 10 days from 12/02/2010????. Babus in SFO are to be blamed for not updating online status. That way Chicago is one up, updates as soon as package reaches Chicago.

mayil, did u try walk in to collect OCI. Are you going to wait for 10 days from 12/02/2010????. Babus in SFO are to be blamed for not updating online status. That way Chicago is one up, updates as soon as package reaches Chicago.

@Madh4-

I think SF doesn't allow walk in to collect OCI. They only mail them to you. I'm in the same ball park as mayil and constantly looking in mail as well but haven't received anything yet.

This is frustrating,I am not sure if the documents reached SFO for sure to try a walk in.
Moreover I live in Los Angeles.
I tried calling the consulate phone numbers ,always goes to voice mail.

This is frustrating,I am not sure if the documents reached SFO for sure to try a walk in.
Moreover I live in Los Angeles.
I tried calling the consulate phone numbers ,always goes to voice mail.

I so agree, mayil. I don't even know if they reached at SF. Also, don't think they allow to pick the OCI in person. Make sure you confirm that before trying to come out here. I hope it comes in a day or so.

Hi Anxious1974,

Please don't forget to update your status when you get in the mail or you walk in to get it.
That will help me decide if I need to come to SFO.

Thanks

Hi Mayil-

Not a problem!!! I will do so. You do the same. Since we share the same timing for everything, it will be a comfort for me.

Thanks!

Mailed by Express Mail: 09/24/2010
Delivered at consulate: 09/27/2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 11/23/2010
Photo/Signature: 11/24/2010
Registration Status: Granted on 11/25/2010
Documents Printing Status: printed
Documents Printed On: 12/06/2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 12/09/2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO on Not Yet
Got the OCI on Not Yet

MEanwhile -- I WALKED IN AT SF office yesterday -after, many unanswered phone calls & few emails.
LAdy at the window outside - termed as OCI window -(no, you are not allowed to enter the door) - was fortunately, nice & assured me that wait for a week, and if I don't get my passports with OCI till then, they will help me out - as I told her I am travelling on 20th. dec --- thus -waiting again, and will walk again to the office next week, if nothing moves. - as is, in my case things are moving crazy slow!

Mailed by Express Mail: 09/24/2010
Delivered at consulate: 09/27/2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 11/23/2010
Photo/Signature: 11/24/2010
Registration Status: Granted on 11/25/2010
Documents Printing Status: printed
Documents Printed On: 12/06/2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 12/09/2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO on Not Yet
Got the OCI on Not Yet

MEanwhile -- I WALKED IN AT SF office yesterday -after, many unanswered phone calls & few emails.
LAdy at the window outside - termed as OCI window -(no, you are not allowed to enter the door) - was fortunately, nice & assured me that wait for a week, and if I don't get my passports with OCI till then, they will help me out - as I told her I am travelling on 20th. dec --- thus -waiting again, and will walk again to the office next week, if nothing moves. - as is, in my case things are moving crazy slow!

My OCI got dispatched on Dec 02 from India and today its going to be a week. I don't see any status update on consulates website and neither anything has come in the mail. Do they call you or something when they send your passports and oci cards? Does anybody know?

Good Luck!

Saw a posting in immihelp.

Some one got OCI from SFO by walkin yesterday.

The Docs were dispatched on 12/2.It seems the status never got updated after that.

Babus in Washington and SFO does not seem to be doing their job. They do not update "online status" on receipt of OCIs' can some senior embassy/ consulate official reading this do something.

Assuming you guys sent in a self-addressed trackable return envelope with your application you should be able to tell for sure if something's been sent to you or not - at least that will eliminate one option.

But, I know exactly what you mean re: the wait being agonizing and extremely frustrating to say the very least. Good luck to you folks, especially the ones travelling in the next couple of weeks!

Well, to my pleasant surprise,
My status says, docs received at SF office on 10th december! & since i sent trackable envelope with original application, hoping to get passports back by early next week! Yay!

Well, to my pleasant surprise,
My status says, docs received at SF office on 10th december! & since i sent trackable envelope with original application, hoping to get passports back by early next week! Yay!

This proves what i was saying all along. No way a diplomatic mail will take more than3-4 days to reach destination in USA. The Babus here are lazy and do not open mail and do not update "on mail status" . This is the work of back office. Do not blame the persons manning the counter whom you meet when you visit them.

Will the higher ups in our Embassy and Consulates, who sometimes read these forum, pull up these blokes/blokees and ask them to be up to date in their work . Some hope!!!!!

Mailed App: Oct 21
Received at CGI: Oct 22
Date of Ack: Nov 24
Photo / Sig Scanned: Nov 27
Reg. Status Granted: Nov 28
Docs Printed On: Dec 6
Dispatched to concerned office on: Dec 9
Recd SF: Dec 10

My status also changed
Photo/Signature Scanned On 13-NOV-2010
Registration Status Granted On 13-NOV-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 27-NOV-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 02-DEC-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On 10-DEC-2010
Hope I'll receive end of next week.

that's good news for sanrafael_fic, sdrd, and wong561hb!! How ever, mine hasn't got updated yet... Mayil did yours got update... let me know.. I'm bit worried now..

Clearly there is no method to their madness as it's next to impossible to have the docs dispatched on the 9th and received in SF on the 10th (as in my case). It's a damn waiting game and that's about it - I wish all of you still waiting for status updates all the very best, especially those who are traveling to India soon and don't really have much of a window left!

Hi Anxious1874,

Do you plan to go to the Consulate Monday or Tuesday?

I just booked a flight to reach SFO on Tuesday early morning.