OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Thanks nitinmit

Hello Anand,
I used the link cgisf.org/oc/OCI%20checklist.pdf to download a checklist and I followed it diligently. For any questions that I had, I did a quick search on this forum.

When in doubt about things like "1st and last pages of passport" Versus "copy of entire passport," err on the side of sending more.
As you must have gathered, it is taking about 30 calendar days for your application to be acknowledged and another 30 for you to get it back.

Good luck.

Here is status on my OCI application. (OCI only. Applied and got SC before applying for OCI)

Mailed by Express Mail: 09/01/2010
Delivered at consulate: 09/02/2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 10/01/2010 (Status available on website on 10/04/2010)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 10/06/2010
Registration Status: Granted on 10/06/2010

Applying OCI for my son.

HI,

Recently I and my husband bothj got the American citizenship. I have applied for the OCI. Wanted to know, if I can apply OCI for my 14 year old son without getting his citizenship certificate?

SC took exactly 4 weeks

For those interested in tracking SC and OCI separately - my SC alone took exactly 4 weeks
Still applying for my OCI

Update on my case today

OCI app sent to CGISF : Aug 17, 2010
OCI app received by CGISF: Aug 19,2010
OCI Acknowledgement: Sept 14, 2010
Registration Status : Granted Sept 15, 2010
Photo/Signature : Granted Sept 15, 2010
Documents Printed: Oct 8, 2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission/Office : Oct 12, 2010

At the bottom of the screen it has a message saying "Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from day of dispatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office whichever is earlier"

Anyone know if we do have to contact them or is it just incase there are delays?

Hi Vivek.gupta765,

Thanks for the reply, My son was born in India and needs a surrender certificate to apply for OCI. The surrender certificate forms says they need a copy of the citizenship certificate. Do you think I can apply for the surrender certificate based on my citizen certificate as they say that kids under 18 are citizens once parents are citizens?

you can add copy of your or your spouse's Naturalization Certificate. Better to put both, as some idiot will question where is other parent's consent?????

Status of my son's OCI application - only stamp-transfer from old passport to new passport:

Mailed by USPS Priority Mail: 09/10/2010
Delivered at consulate: 09/13/2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 10/12/2010
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 10/13/2010
Registration Status: Granted on 10/13/2010
Docs Printing Status: Not Printed
Docs Dispatch to Mission Status: Not Dispatched

Wonder if a new OCI card will be printed as well, as it is only a transfer of stamp, and if not would it still be affected by the printing problems? Has anyone seen printing dates within last week after the printing problems happened?

oci status site: not trusted

When I log on to the OCI status (Firefox, Safari) site I get the following message:

"You have asked Firefox to connect securely to passport.gov.in, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure".

Anybody else get a similar message? What did you do?

Thanks

Got it - at last

Got the OCI today

Timeline
N400 app sent 4/2
Finger Printing 5/20
Citizenship 7/20
US passport applied 7/21
US passport recvd 7/29
Surrender Cert applied 8/1
Surrender cert recvd 8/16
OCI applied 8/17
OCI acknowledged 9/14
OCI Printed 9/29
OCI recvd at SFO 10/08
OCI recvd 10/14

Hi,

I have sent my OCI application on Sep 15 2010 and received next day by SF Consulate. This is not yet acknowledged when checking status of this application online. Any one applied around same time with more updates ?

More over on SF consulate website it shows this notification when going to OCI links.

======

Due to some technical problems with printing of OCI cards in India, the registration process has been temporarily suspended. Please do not send in any new OCI application to the Consulate General of India in San Francisco. Inconvenience caused is regretted. Please check again later if this link has been restored.
========

I am concerned about my application and not sure what is going on ?

Can someone please share any info regarding this ?

Thanks.

Received our OCIs today (self and spouse). Good luck to all waiting.

OCI app sent to CGISF : Aug 17, 2010
OCI app received by CGISF: Aug 19,2010
OCI Acknowledgement: Sept 14, 2010
Registration Status : Granted Sept 15, 2010
Photo/Signature : Granted Sept 15, 2010
Documents Printed: Oct 8, 2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission/Office : Oct 12, 2010
Documents received as SF Office: Oct 16, 2010
OCI/Indian and US Passports received at home: Oct 19, 2010

Received OCI today !

I received the OCI today for the entire family. Finaly a 70 day journey comes to an end.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have sent my OCI application on Sep 15 2010 and received next day by SF Consulate. This is not yet acknowledged when checking status of this application online. Any one applied around same time with more updates ?

More over on SF consulate website it shows this notification when going to OCI links.

======

Due to some technical problems with printing of OCI cards in India, the registration process has been temporarily suspended. Please do not send in any new OCI application to the Consulate General of India in San Francisco. Inconvenience caused is regretted. Please check again later if this link has been restored.
========

I am concerned about my application and not sure what is going on ?

Can someone please share any info regarding this ?

Thanks.
I am in the same boat my application received in consulate 15 Sep10 not acknowledge yet

Hi - I really benefited from tracking information posted on this forum and I am sharing my own so that it can benefit others. Hope other share their info too - so it helps others that are applying for OC1.

I sent in my application for OCI and SC together and it was accepted at the SF consulate without any issues. Here is the status of my application.
BTW - In my case too, my original document printing status date was October 15th and then it got updated to the 18th. (same issue was reported by others)

Date Of Acknowledgment 28-SEP-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 30-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted On 30-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 18-OCT-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 20-OCT-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

My travel date is Nov 10th, and I am planning to mail in my passport (s) tomorrow and hopefully I should get everything back by 1st week of Nov.

All the best to others applying for OCI - I would strongly suggest that you atleast keep a 60 days buffer from your travel date for applying for OCI.

waiting for ack as well

hey you all,

No Ack Yet. Planning to travel to India on Dec 9th.

OCI app sent to CGISF : Sep 23nd, 2010
OCI app received by CGISF: Sep 24th, 2010

whats the word? any luck with contacting the consulate? to the poster that sent on sep 15th..did you see any updates yet?

thanks!.

@yoghurt - am in the same boat as you. Sent kids app forms on Sept 24th, received in consulate on 27th. Travel date for us is Dec 10th. No ACK yet. Am at the point of declaring the passports lost, and reapplying for US passport expedited service, then applying for India visa. All can be done on the same day from what I hear - need to investigate further.