OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I was reading the FAQ section on the USPS website. I sent in my SC application with a Priority mail envelope with the delivery confirmation tag. According to USPS website such envelopes are not track-able. I have sent a query to CGISF. Hopefully they respond.

Hi EastEndi - when did you send your application? Has it been a while? Do let us know if they respond to your question. I will let everyone know as well if there is any update on my case. Hopefully we get it back and from now on we will be sure to use ExpressMail always. Its not worth having to worry about the fate of our applications. Better safe than sorry is my motto henceforth!

Ditto - I got the same answer from the USPS guys when I went to mail the OCI first time - apparently the delivery conf is not trackable

I was reading the FAQ section on the USPS website. I sent in my SC application with a Priority mail envelope with the delivery confirmation tag. According to USPS website such envelopes are not track-able. I have sent a query to CGISF. Hopefully they respond.

Ditto - I got the same answer from the USPS guys when I went to mail the OCI first time - apparently the delivery conf is not trackable
Well I hope that they either process the application or use the money order to send back the application (to be resubmitted). Business day 12 and my tracking number still does not pull any tracking info....:(

My application was received by them on July 13th. I got an automated response to my query, which is not useful.

I am in LA and thinking of paying a visit to the consulate this week. I will carry a self addressed Express Mail envelop with me.

jac2005 and sg930, where are you located?

Does any one have similar experiance

I sent my OCI application on Friday and USPS guys tried to deliver it on Saturday ( You know right Saturday and Sunday indian counsulate closed) so they left a notice. Today when i tried to track the USPS with my tracking number and it says we left a note at the destination place. It's almost 4:45PM on Monday and still the counsulate guys not gone to the USPS post office and collect the package.

My question is Indain coulsulate employes will go to the post office and collect the items? or they dont go?

The status message says for next 5 days the package will be with the USPS post office and if no one collect it , it will deliver back to the customer

I am worried, my suggestion is do not mail items on Firday's do it on Monday it's always better

Please share you thoughts, what i need to do now

My application was received by them on July 13th. I got an automated response to my query, which is not useful.

I am in LA and thinking of paying a visit to the consulate this week. I will carry a self addressed Express Mail envelop with me.

jac2005 and sg930, where are you located?

You're lucky that you are in-state and can pay a visit to teh consulate without too much hassle. I am located in UT. Even if my application is not processed, I just want my passport back somehow.

Hello best buddy

i have the same experience. I went to the usps website and requested the redelivery and it was delivered today at 10:31 a.m.
You can also do the same. In the name column put oci and last name put consulate general of india. If you do it before 2a.m. It will be delivered tomorrow at 10:30 a.m.
I am sure the consulate is short staffed and will not go to pick up your mail.

Just noticed that the processing time for SC on the cgisf website has increased to 20 business days (used to say 15 business days before). So I guess its just backlogged some.

Thanks a lot sarang9

I just requested the redelivery option and hope USPS will deliver by tomorrow.

I have one question , in the form there is a option called Mail type and i choosen Large envolpe or magazine. the reason i do not kow what option they marked in the Notice.

There are 4 option looks like: Parcel, letter, Large cover and magazine like that I choosen Large cover

I hope there will be no problem

Yes large envelope is the right one. It should be delivered tomorrow at 10:31 a.m. same as mine today. The USPS website will only update the delivery tracking info around 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Kindly update the forum tomorrow after your package is received by the consulate.

Thanks a lot sarang9

I just requested the redelivery option and hope USPS will deliver by tomorrow.

I have one question , in the form there is a option called Mail type and i choosen Large envolpe or magazine. the reason i do not kow what option they marked in the Notice.

There are 4 option looks like: Parcel, letter, Large cover and magazine like that I choosen Large cover

I hope there will be no problem

My USPS priority mail package was attempted to deliver on Saturday and left notice. But on Monday at 10:30 AM the mail was delivered successfully by USPS.

It's funny

Until Yesterday night my tracking status was showing left a notice, and i requested redelivery at monday night 9PM, and today i just once again track in USPS site @ 7:45AM(PST) time with my tracking number and surprise the mail already deliver @ SFO Consulate General @ 11:14AM on monday

Why USPS site not updated until yeserday night with deliver status?

Hope my redelivery request nothing to do now :)

Thanks a lot sarang9 for your advice

Now wait for the OCI Card.... Hope CGISF will complete the process quicker

All the best

My OCI app was acknowledged today. I mailed USPS priority however for return mail I included prepaid express mail envelope.

Mailed: July 7 by USPS priority with delivery confirmation
Received: July 9
Acknowledged: July 21

Hello All,

My application also acknowledge today.
Received: July 12
Registration Status: UnderProcess

What is "underprocess" means? does it mean they already send the papers to India?

For return did you use Express Mail? When did you send and how? Kindly update as I am preparing my OCI application...
Hello All,

My application also acknowledge today.
Received: July 12
Registration Status: UnderProcess

What is "underprocess" means? does it mean they already send the papers to India?

Finally my tracking number is showing up on USPS for my surrender certificate. Not sure if I will get a processed application or a returned application. I will let you guys know. Just for the sake of time estimates
Delivered on July 1
Return tracking started on July 20
Total working days in between - 13 (excluding July 5 holiday)

Thanks,
Jake

Hello Jake

This is good news. You should receive your Priority Mail tomorrow July 22 and hopefully it will be delivered by the regular mail carrier. Wish you good luck.

Sarang.

Finally my tracking number is showing up on USPS for my surrender certificate. Not sure if I will get a processed application or a returned application. I will let you guys know. Just for the sake of time estimates
Delivered on July 1
Return tracking started on July 20
Total working days in between - 13 (excluding July 5 holiday)

Thanks,
Jake

For return did you use Express Mail? When did you send and how? Kindly update as I am preparing my OCI application...

I used express mail for both mailing out and return ennvelope. I sent on July 09.
While mailing to CGI, make sure you check the option not to deliver during weekend since consulate is closed during weekend.

Got my passport back. Its cancelled!! And I assume that the reunciation form with the stamp at the bottom is the surrender certificate. Now onto OCI but using Express Mail for sure next time..:)))

Hello Jake

This is good news. You should receive your Priority Mail tomorrow July 22 and hopefully it will be delivered by the regular mail carrier. Wish you good luck.

Sarang.
Thanks. Do post when your SC arrives. I will most likely post for OCI by Mon/Tue. Then a new timeline begins..:)