OCI - San Francisco Tracker

My OCI application status chaned on 6/21 and I got a call from consulate requesting my US passport on 6/29.
The lady at the consulate told to send the US passport. When asked how long it'd take, she said she'd send it back the
same day she receives. I sent by Express mail and it was delivered on 6/30.
I checked the status of return self addressed envelope (also Express mail), no record found.
Is anybody in the similar situation?

So ca_guy, did you send your OCI application without the US passport? I thought it is one of the items in the checklist that must be sent with the application.

Hello All,
Quick question.
Can I send the OCI application without original US passport? It is not clearly mentioned in cgisf.org.
We have a plan to travel to India end of this month.

Hi bhasi, Did you send USpassport originally with the application? If not, did they call you after the card arrived ? They called me after my application came back to CGSF because I had not sent the US passport, so just curious...thanks

Hello All,
Quick question.
Can I send the OCI application without original US passport? It is not clearly mentioned in cgisf.org.
We have a plan to travel to India end of this month.

Yes you can apply with out US passport. They included this to speed up the process. While applying just mention that you will send the US passport when the processing is done.

Instead of US passport in oiginal include a self attested copy of the passport.

Thanks m_ghost.

I have couple of question about the OCI application:

1) For US citizens applying for OCI what should be the answer to the following?
part B:
16. Does the country of applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or the other?*******Yes/No* If no, give specific details

2)
PartA: for signature or thumb impression for minor kids. should we take thumb impresssion?

3)
I will paste two photograph on PartA for all family members. Do we need to send two more photographs other than what we paste on Part A?

Thanks in Advance.

So ca_guy, did you send your OCI application without the US passport? I thought it is one of the items in the checklist that must be sent with the application.

yes. There was a note that said if you think you may need to travel during OCI process, please don't send US pass port until OCI application arrives back in CGSF.

Thanks m_ghost.

I have couple of question about the OCI application:

1) For US citizens applying for OCI what should be the answer to the following?
part B:
16. Does the country of applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or the other?*******Yes/No* If no, give specific details

------->ANSWER: YES

2)
PartA: for signature or thumb impression for minor kids. should we take thumb impresssion?

--------> ANSWER: Take Left Hand Thumb Impression make sure it is in the middle of the box

3)
I will paste two photograph on PartA for all family members. Do we need to send two more photographs other than what we paste on Part A?

--------------> Each Applicant will have 2 sets of PART A With photographs. They do not need any more photos (two only!!)

Thanks in Advance.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND BEST OF LUCK

Make sure you make 2 seperate sets with documents.

for each applicant:

Set1: PartA + PARTB + Supporting documents

Set2: PartA + PartB + Supporting documents.

If you include a original document with " set 1", attach photocopy of the same for "set 2" as you can only have one Original.

I sent our applications (me, my wife and my daughter's) on 21st of june

Received at CGISF on 22nd of JUNE.

I just checked the status and it shows

Granted on 30/6/2010
Documents Printed on 30/6/2010

THE status has changed to DISPATCHED on 2nd of July to SFO

Yesterday they sent my OCI app back. In my checklist they circled the name change point and mentioned missing. I didn't change my name but found out that the US pp does not have my middle name but the indian pp does - so that may have triggered this.

Has any of you here gone through a similar situation or the name change process - any advice on this.

How to get an ad for change of name in a newspaper in India or US? Thanks a lot in advance.

Yesterday they sent my OCI app back. In my checklist they circled the name change point and mentioned missing. I didn't change my name but found out that the US pp does not have my middle name but the indian pp does - so that may have triggered this.

Has any of you here gone through a similar situation or the name change process - any advice on this.

How to get an ad for change of name in a newspaper in India or US? Thanks a lot in advance.

Does your Naturalization certificate has middle name on it ? If yes then get your US passport corrected by asking them to include the middle name. This will be faster compared to the usual name change procedures suggested by CGISF.

If your Naturalization certificate does not contain middle name then you have no choice.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND BEST OF LUCK

Make sure you make 2 seperate sets with documents.

for each applicant:

Set1: PartA + PARTB + Supporting documents

Set2: PartA + PartB + Supporting documents.

If you include a original document with " set 1", attach photocopy of the same for "set 2" as you can only have one Original.

Got it. Thanks a lot m_ghost.

Thanks. Yes the Nat Cert. has the middle name - its while the PP application, i missed it. I talked to the PP cust service and they said since its my mistake I have to pay for it. Am going to apply for it today anyway - this whole OCI thing is like a bad patch which drags on and on and on.

Does your Naturalization certificate has middle name on it ? If yes then get your US passport corrected by asking them to include the middle name. This will be faster compared to the usual name change procedures suggested by CGISF.

If your Naturalization certificate does not contain middle name then you have no choice.

Thanks. Yes the Nat Cert. has the middle name - its while the PP application, i missed it. I talked to the PP cust service and they said since its my mistake I have to pay for it. Am going to apply for it today anyway - this whole OCI thing is like a bad patch which drags on and on and on.

You can get your passport corrected pretty quickly (In san francisco I heard they have same day service)

Once you do that, your OCI application should be fine. In spite of all the un certainities, CGISFO is processing OCI applications pretty fast

Good Luck

Received my OCI

Sent on June 4th
Received: June 7th
Acknowledgment: June 11th
Granted : June 15th '
Printed: June 19th
Sent to SFO: June 21st
Received by SFO: No update
Received by me: July 1st

Good luck to you all.

Is this journey finally over

Sent on June 4th
Received: June 7th
Acknowledgment: June 11th
Granted : June 15th '
Printed: June 19th
Sent to SFO: June 21st
Received by SFO: No update
Received by me: July 1st

Good luck to you all.

Is this journey finally over

When you got back your OCI, did you get back the original documents which you submitted along with the application?

I submitted my old passport used to enter US ( as I do not have green card copies) Do we get that back?

When you got back your OCI, did you get back the original documents which you submitted along with the application?

I submitted my old passport used to enter US ( as I do not have green card copies) Do we get that back?

We received all the Indian passports, surrender certificate, us passports and ofcourse OCI :)

VISA for India

Is there any link for tracking VISA to India? I sent application during first week of June and have not been able to get in touch with anyone. Can someone help?

Thanks

Do citizens need to file AR11 after moving

Does one need to file AR11 after becoming US citizen thru' naturalization?