OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Based on my understanding of the process:

1. SF acknowledges cases like every week or 2 weeks. so it depends on when in the queue you applied which is why some people see acknowledgments in couple of days vs. weeks

2. OCI India dispatches documents in a specific interval too.

Based on my understanding of the process:

1. SF acknowledges cases like every week or 2 weeks. so it depends on when in the queue you applied which is why some people see acknowledgments in couple of days vs. weeks

2. OCI India dispatches documents in a specific interval too.

I agree with you. Mine was delivered on May 24; Acknowledged on Jun 11. After that status is exactly the same
Acknowledged: June 11th
Granted and Scanned: June 15
Printed: June 19th
Dispatched: June 21st
Reached SFO: Not Yet

I did a random search and found that they acknoledged one application on June 23rd and it is printed and scanned on 24th.

Let's see mine shows up soon.

I did a random search and found that they acknoledged one application on June 23rd and it is printed and scanned on 24th.

Let's see mine shows up soon.
Mine are showing same, we sent on 11th. 23rd acknowledged, 24th scanned and granted, 25 printed and not dispatched yet.

rseth123,

When you applied for all three members in the same application packet, how many return envelopes did you include? 1 or 3? Is it one return envelope per applicant or one per application packet?

Thanks in advance,
Jacob.

I think this time its my turn to give you guys an update :-

Applied for OCI + Surrender Certificate together for my wife, me and a kid (PIO to OCI for Kid).

1. Sent everything in one packet but attached separate money orders e.g. 2-$275 1-$145 and 2-$20 for Surrender Certificate.

2. Packet had 3 files: One for each candidate and 2 additional files for SC.

3. I sent my US and India passport together. (Different opinions are there for sending together vs. separate).

4. For OCI each file had a checklist.

5. Pasted 2 photos on the OCI form and sent 2 additional photos for each of us.

Reached SFO on June 7th
Acknowledged: June 11th
Granted and Scanned: June 15
Printed: June 19th
Dispatched: June 21st
Reached SFO: xxxx

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
rseth123,

When you applied for all three members in the same application packet, how many return envelopes did you include? 1 or 3? Is it one return envelope per applicant or one per application packet?

Thanks in advance,
Jacob.

I applied last monday for our whole family (3 applicants) submitted one cashiers check for whole family as well as one big return envelope for enitire family.

OMG,

Theu aclknoledeged my application in this hour. The status is as below:
Date Of Acknowledgment 29-JUN-2010
Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED

Only in CGISF, they did the Acknowledgment with tomorrow's date.
I have no complaints as long as the application is moving forward.

thanks

rseth123,

Thanks in advance,
Jacob.

2 Return envelopes 1) For SC and the other one for OCI

when did you mail yours? I mailed mine June 19 received by them on June 21 but still no update
OMG,

Theu aclknoledeged my application in this hour. The status is as below:
Date Of Acknowledgment 29-JUN-2010
Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED

Only in CGISF, they did the Acknowledgment with tomorrow's date.
I have no complaints as long as the application is moving forward.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take SF to receive OCI cards dispatched from Delhi?

According to my app status my OCI card was dispatched from Delhi on June 15th. Does anyone with recent experience with CGISF please share how long it took them receive OCI cards from Delhi? My current status says cards are still not received from Delhi.

Thanks.

According to my app status my OCI card was dispatched from Delhi on June 15th. Does anyone with recent experience with CGISF please share how long it took them receive OCI cards from Delhi? My current status says cards are still not received from Delhi.

Thanks.

Not sure about CGISF, I've applied via DC and my status changed in 2 days from dispatched to receive (June 15 - June 17)... another battle for getting everything back now its been over a week I sent my PPTs.

My App reached CGISF om June 17th.

Here is the new update:

Registration Status Granted On 29-JUN-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-JUN-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 29-JUN-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED

Looking good so far

Thanks.
My daughters app was dispatched on 08-JUN-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On 11-JUN-2010
and we received the actual OCI and passport on 18 -Jun-2010.
This is from CGI SF

Hope this helps

Thanks. I just tried to track the return express envelop and found that they seemed to have shipped my cards yesterday without updating the status (Received at CGISF on..) online.

Finally got my SC + OCI cards today............

Yaaaaahooooo!!!!. Finally I received the SC + OCI cards (me + wife + kid) today.

I still have to figure out how to get refund on $175 I paid for SC

Delivered: May 24, 2010
Acknowledged: June 11, 2010
Granted and Scanned: June 15, 2010
Printed: June 19th, 2010
Dispatched: June 21st, 2010
Reached SFO: not updated. But got the passports by return post Jun 30, 2010

To all the OCI waiters I wish you Good luck

OUR OCI application status changed to Granted and documents Printed

I sent our applications (me, my wife and my daughter's) on 21st of june

Received at CGISF on 22nd of JUNE.

I just checked the status and it shows

Granted on 30/6/2010
Documents Printed on 30/6/2010

Mine sent on 6/19 and received by them 6/21 but nothing yet...

I sent our applications (me, my wife and my daughter's) on 21st of june

Received at CGISF on 22nd of JUNE.

I just checked the status and it shows

Granted on 30/6/2010
Documents Printed on 30/6/2010

Can anybody tell me when you did the self attestation of the copies, did you sign and put date as well?