OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Does this mean everything was OK and now just waiting for the visa to be printed?

Date Of Acknowledgment: 07-APR-2011
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 08-APR-2011
Registration Status: Granted On 08-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET

I would not count on it, wait till it dispatched.

forgot to send order-form

I forgot to send order form. I can not track.

Sent application on March 23
USPS tracking says TRAVISA received my mail on March 25

No emails from them yet. I expect our rejected applications (3 of us) in the prepaid-express-mail envelope.

TRAVISA does not answer phone calls. I have been sending them one email a day. No reply from them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Looking at familygupta's timeline
____

03/23/2011 form completed. mailed
03/25/2011 documents received, payment processed
03/29/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/30/2011 Documents dispatched
03/30/2011 Ack Date
03/31/2011 scanned; granted
04/11/2011 Documents Printed
____

My envelope, I am sure, has been opened. Does it take so long to reject or acknowledge? I have been sending them my application ID with my daily emails requesting them to print a copy of the order form and attach that with my application. I know it will be very difficult for them to do as the have to go through thousands of emails and hundreds of packets every week. $12.00 fee is too small of an amount to expect this service/favor. What I want is their decision on my application so I can plan things accordingly.

My question here is -- when should I start getting panicked?

Here is the progress on my daughter's OCI app:

OCI docs sent to Travisa : 3/23/2011
OCI docs received at Travisa SFO: 3/25/2011

Status on Travisa Site:

Order form received, payment processed: 4/11/2011
Docs prepared to go to embassy: 4/12/2011
Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate: 4/13/2011
Documents received by Consulate: 4/13/2011
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011

Status on Govt of India (OCI inquiry) link.

Date of Acknowlegement: 4/13/2011
Photo/Signature scanned: 4/14/2011
Registration status granted: 4/15/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the progress on my daughter's OCI app:

OCI docs sent to Travisa : 3/23/2011
OCI docs received at Travisa SFO: 3/25/2011

Status on Travisa Site:

Order form received, payment processed: 4/11/2011
Docs prepared to go to embassy: 4/12/2011
Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate: 4/13/2011
Documents received by Consulate: 4/13/2011
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011

Status on Govt of India (OCI inquiry) link.

Date of Acknowlegement: 4/13/2011
Photo/Signature scanned: 4/14/2011
Registration status granted: 4/15/2011

On travisa's site I don't see the status of
"Documents received by Consulate: 4/13/2011
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011" for any of my apps although on the Govt of India's site I see the acknow, photo scanned, and registration granted on 4/8/2011. Any one else not see the status of
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011" on their app for travisa?

On travisa's site I don't see the status of
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011" for any of my apps although on the Govt of India's site I see the acknow, photo scanned, and registration granted on 4/8/2011. Any one else not see the status of
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011" on their app for travisa?

My friends has received the status "Pending approval of the Government of India" that only because he checked yes to one of the question.. I don't remember which exect one.. but it was either travel to pakistan or Bangladesh.. Or may be both.. Took time but it did got approved..

thanks

My OCI Status

OCI mailed on : 3/19
OCI Recd at TraVisa : 3/21
OCI dispatched to CGI : 4/6
Date Of Acknowledgment: 4/6
Photo/Signature Scanned: 4/7
Registration Status :Granted on 4/7
Documents Printing Status : Documents Printed on 4/23
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on:NOT DISPATCHED

Date Of Acknowledgment: 07-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 23-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET

Travisa:
04/03/2011 4:10pm PST Service order form completed online
04/14/2011 3:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed (dropped by in person at 2pm)
04/16/2011 11:27am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/18/2011 8:41am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

MHA:
Date Of Acknowledgment.................17-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On...........19-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On........19-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status...............PRINTED
Documents Printed On....................25-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on..........NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO...........NOT YET

Travisa:
04/03/2011 4:10pm PST Service order form completed online
04/14/2011 3:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/16/2011 11:27am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/18/2011 8:41am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

MHA:
Date Of Acknowledgment.................17-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On...........19-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On........19-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status...............PRINTED
Documents Printed On....................25-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on..........NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO...........NOT YET

Thanks for posting your OCI status speakamericano. It looks like from your timeline things are moving faster than it was couple of weeks back. I hope the next step - Dispatch the Docs also moves faster :)

@Dublin:
I was also looking at the same thing. My time line happens to be shooting at a rocket's speed. Within 8 days (including holidays) they have printed the OCI sticker. That's quite surprising considering the fact that my US passport book took over a month to be processed. I guess the Indian Consulate service is improving.

@Dublin:
I was also looking at the same thing. My time line happens to be shooting at a rocket's speed. Within 8 days (including holidays) they have printed the OCI sticker. That's quite surprising considering the fact that my US passport book took over a month to be processed. I guess the Indian Consulate service is improving.

Well.. May be the Indian Consulate service is improving. But, Travisa is not as good. My passports reached SFO (from Delhi) the day before yesterday. But, Travisa still shows the same status that the documents have been dispatched to Consulate. Before Travisa, the consulate used to send the passports back to the filer on the same day. I guess I will have to wait for an additional week for Travisa folks to sleep on it (and take money from me for doing it :-| )

I just got off the phone with Travisa SFO and they said 3+ weeks for opening mail. My moms additional information they requested has no been moved to the open mail bin according to the rep. I sent it on April 7 and they opened it on April 21st according to the rep and now its in the open mail category. He said to give them till mid next week to update the status. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did that with the OCI stickers that are sent from India.

I just got off the phone with Travisa SFO and they said 3+ weeks for opening mail. My moms additional information they requested has no been moved to the open mail bin according to the rep. I sent it on April 7 and they opened it on April 21st according to the rep and now its in the open mail category. He said to give them till mid next week to update the status. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did that with the OCI stickers that are sent from India.

That sucks. It is supposed to make things better, not worse.

Here's my timeline.

04/06/2011 Service order form completed online
04/07/2011 OCI application mailed via USPS
04/08/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
04/21/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/27/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy

I think Travisa may have signed an agreement to adopt some of the best practices that the consulate folks had in place previously. Sucks indeed!

Here's my timeline.

04/06/2011 Service order form completed online
04/07/2011 OCI application mailed via USPS
04/08/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
04/21/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/27/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy

I think Travisa may have signed an agreement to adopt some of the best practices that the consulate folks had in place previously. Sucks indeed!

I just called them and was put on hold for 2.5 hours (really). They told me that the consulate has not released my passport yet. They have no idea when they will release it. They have no idea why the consulate is still holding on the passport. They don't know whom I can call in the consulate to find out about it. There is nothing they can do until the consulate releases the passport. Now, I am worried.

UPDATE:

Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 23-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 28-APR-2011
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

I just called them and was put on hold for 2.5 hours (really). They told me that the consulate has not released my passport yet. They have no idea when they will release it. They have no idea why the consulate is still holding on the passport. They don't know whom I can call in the consulate to find out about it. There is nothing they can do until the consulate releases the passport. Now, I am worried.

If anyone got their passports back from Travisa, can you let me know? I am a little concerned that no one knows the status of the passports. Is it normal for SFO to sit on these passports for a while before releasing them to Travisa.