• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Yes we looked into the titer test (we are already U.S. based) but it was more expensive than getting the vaccinations. One caveat they mentioned was sometimes childhood vaccinations don’t show up clearly as they were administered so many years ago (immunity would be low so to speak).

We were able to get the vaccinations covered by insurance so just opted to get them again. Unfortunate as I don’t like needles LOL.

That’s good info to know for Sydney residents though.
I’m rather curious about this. How many vaccines did you get in this case?

I’m rather curious about this. How many vaccines did you get in this case?
I got the 3 for my age bracket - Hepatits B, MMR and Tetanus.

Medical exam will take place next week. I had called them previously and they'd reiterated this is what we needed too.

I got the 3 for my age bracket - Hepatits B, MMR and Tetanus.

Medical exam will take place next week. I had called them previously and they'd reiterated this is what we needed too.
Ok, that's about right.

Interestingly though, this is actually extensively covered on the "Medical Exam" tab/sheet of the AOS Process spreadsheet, which I had hoped you would have come across already. But I wasn't sure you did, and wondered if you ended up getting a bunch of unnecessary shots, considering the number of posts you had made about the medical exam and you not having your childhood immunization records, hence my curiosity.

Ok, that's about right.

Interestingly though, this is actually extensively covered on the "Medical Exam" tab/sheet of the AOS Process spreadsheet, which I had hoped you would have come across already. But I wasn't sure you did, and wondered if you ended up getting a bunch of unnecessary shots, considering the number of posts you had made about the medical exam and you not having your childhood immunization records, hence my curiosity.
Nope, all good.

Appreciated the redirection to the spreadsheet, which helped us make the best decisions to proceed quickly.

yes sir quite alot of emotions and pains associated with it but the wait was worthwhile at the end.i take this opportunity to thank you for responding to all my querries and questions...it guided me and provided strength/support to me to look forward with hopes still on untill the visa was received.
keep up with sharing your knowledge and keep growing.

May god always bless you.
Hi Ranji, congrats on your successful move.

I wanted to ask you a question regarding FNPF withdrawal. Did you manage to get yours withdrawn before leaving for the US?

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in Sydney on April 16th and it was easy yet very nervous. I had a friendly older gentleman interview me.

In the interview (excluding the small talk which was quite a bit) I was just asked the following formal questions.

Have I been married? No

Have I been to the US? No

Ever overstay Visas? No

Commited any crimes? No

You did a double degree in electrical engineer and computer science? Yes

How old was I when I finished University? 23

Then the officer said "This concludes our interview, now based on the smile on my face, guess my answer" I said "Yessss I wishhhhhh" and he said "YES Congratulations!" and I jumped for joy and as embarrassing as it was I cried happy tears. My dreams really came true that day ❤️.

He then helped me calm down and asked me where I wanted to plant roots, I told him Texas. He said good luck and goodbye and I left the consulate.

Just wanting to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum. Your help and shared experiences really helped me make it through this process successfully.

I want to especially say thank you to @Britsimon for all the free resources you provide and assistance you give. Without you my experience would not have gone so smooth and I would have been much more nervous and lost without your guidance. Thank you so much @Britsimon! :D

My passport with the visa arrived today and now I am planning when to go to the US which needs to be before October.

Again thank you everyone :)

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in Sydney on April 16th and it was easy yet very nervous. I had a friendly older gentleman interview me.

In the interview (excluding the small talk which was quite a bit) I was just asked the following formal questions.

Have I been married? No

Ever overstay Visas? No

Commited any crimes? No

Then the officer said "This concludes our interview, now based on the smile on my face, guess my answer" I said "Yessss I wishhhhhh" and he said "YES Congratulations!" and I jumped for joy and as embarrassing as it was I cried happy tears. My dreams really came true that day ❤️.

He then helped me calm down and asked me where I wanted to plant roots, I told him Texas. He said good luck and goodbye and I left the consulate.

Just wanting to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum. Your help and shared experiences really helped me make it through this process successfully.

I want to especially say thank you to @Britsimon for all the free resources you provide and assistance you give. Without you my experience would not have gone so smooth and I would have been much more nervous and lost without your guidance. Thank you so much @Britsimon! :D

My passport with the visa arrived today and now I am planning when to go to the US which needs to be before October.

Congratulations - what wonderful news! I can only imagine the relief you must feel.

Hi Everyone
Just needed to know for SUV Embassy, after the interview in about how many days do we receive the email to pickup our passports

Hi everyone,

Have I been married? No

Ever overstay Visas? No

Commited any crimes? No

Nicely done - congratulations!!