• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Thanks for responding.

Sorry that you went through so much stress and expenditure, but what a great result for you in the end.
Great question you raised.

I probably would have done exactly what @Ranji did if was lucky to be in the same position. I do wonder though what was the reason other higher case numbers in Fiji were approved and not @Ranji ? Can anyone give a logical reason? Was it due to the timing of the ds260 form? Just curious.

I had my medical in Melbourne recently at Toorak Village Medical Centre. It went very smoothly. I was asked general questions about my health, had a basic physical, had my measurements taken, had a blood test and then went off to a nearby imaging centre to get my chest xray. Make sure you’ve had a recent flu shot and you’ve got all the other vaccination records you need for your age and it’s pretty straight forward. Although the doctor did say that as of the 8th of December, a covid booster administered within the last 12 months would be a new requirement.

I had my medical in Melbourne recently at Toorak Village Medical Centre. It went very smoothly. I was asked general questions about my health, had a basic physical, had my measurements taken, had a blood test and then went off to a nearby imaging centre to get my chest xray. Make sure you’ve had a recent flu shot and you’ve got all the other vaccination records you need for your age and it’s pretty straight forward. Although the doctor did say that as of the 8th of December, a covid booster administered within the last 12 months would be a new requirement.
Thanks for the info! I’m doing my medical at Toorak Village soon as well and I was wondering if they gave you the envelope with the exam results or if they sent it directly to the consulate?

Thanks for the info! I’m doing my medical at Toorak Village soon as well and I was wondering if they gave you the envelope with the exam results or if they sent it directly to the consulate?
You can come back and pick it up a few days later or they can express post it to your address for an additional cost. They won’t post it to the consulate (I asked).

Yes. The speed of the visa bulletin is relative to the amount of actual cases they have (in processed status).

So - they decide how many interviews they want to do in a given month, then they will increase the VB by a number that "yields" enough processed cases to fill the available interviews.

So - with more holes and the same number of selectees, we would see the VB moving faster.
And indeed it has. VB for March 2024 stands at 1200

Only 8 2nl's from Oceania this month so far which seems like a very low number. Is this normal? If so, what does this mean for the future?

You can search 2nl updates group that updates daily using telegram app. He has also created an app called case tracker. Look it up.

Yes. The speed of the visa bulletin is relative to the amount of actual cases they have (in processed status).

So - they decide how many interviews they want to do in a given month, then they will increase the VB by a number that "yields" enough processed cases to fill the available interviews.

So - with more holes and the same number of selectees, we would see the VB moving faster.
Hey mate, first off, thanks so much for all the work on your videos, super helpful.

Looking at previous years in Oceania (excluding 2023), the numbers have gone current after around 1200-1400. Whilst numbers are very high this year, as you've explained, do you think there is any chance of that repeating?

I also wondered if a certain country within Oceania had the majority of their applicants with higher numbers, e.g. the majority of New Zealand applicants being 3,000 and higher, would that mean that the numbers would have to go current at some stage to allow that country to fulfill their quota?

Any help with these answers much appreciated. As you can probably guess I have a higher number and am realistic my chances are very low this year, but just seeing what miracles could come through!

Again thanks so much for all your tireless work!

All done. Interview at Sydney was a breeze. I got asked:
- Married?
- What do you do for work?
- Going to do the same work in the US?
- Where will you be staying?
Congratulations
What were your responses to those questions especially for Q3?