NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Dear Friends,

I got the PhD scholarship in NZ university and applied for the VISA on 5th July in Dubai office. Actually I am worried about my experience letters that I provided them with my VISA application.

The software house in which I was working was closed in November 09 due to current financial crunch in the whole world. And after that I failed to get any new job in any other SW house and currently assisting my mom and dad in our own private school.

1) The problem is as during the admission and scholarship application time I gave them the experience letter for that particular software house. So inevitably I had to submit same letter for my VISA application. Now as the software house is closed so its web site is also closed. So I am worried that how come the VISA officer will verify my employment history.

2) Moreover, is there any chance that they ask for a new evidence of cash again after some time during verification process?. I have already provided this evidence along with my VISA application.

So please guide me in this regard.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
@explodesh - Hi I am new to this forum and have been granted a NZ visa for a Ph.D. at Otago after 7 months of waiting time ! Since you are already in Otago, it would be great if you could kindly provide me your email id wherein I can write to you with some queries about the university, scholarship payment schedule, etc. I was so excited initially but this visa delay has dampened my spirit about NZ so I just want to be sure of everything before I make the final big leap..

Thank you so much all of you for sharing such valuable information and best of luck to whose who are awaiting their visas !

Hii every1,

I have been reading this forum from the day I submitted my visa application through GEEBEE education. I will be going to University of Auckland for my PhD in biological sciences. I submitted my application via TT services on 14th June 2010. My visa officer contacted me on 14th july asking for some supplementary forms and on 23rd August 2010, I recieved an email from him saying that my visa is approved (2 months and 10 days). So I am sure it just the amount of things people have for verification which decides the processing time and also a bit of luck.
Today i submitted my passport with TTS for it to get stamped. Does any 1 know how much time does the New Delhi branch take for this particular process? My counsellor says should not be more than a week. I am planning to leave by 15th Sept.

regards.

Hii every1,

I have been reading this forum from the day I submitted my visa application through GEEBEE education. I will be going to University of Auckland for my PhD in biological sciences. I submitted my application via TT services on 14th June 2010. My visa officer contacted me on 14th july asking for some supplementary forms and on 23rd August 2010, I recieved an email from him saying that my visa is approved (2 months and 10 days). So I am sure it just the amount of things people have for verification which decides the processing time and also a bit of luck.
Today i submitted my passport with TTS for it to get stamped. Does any 1 know how much time does the New Delhi branch take for this particular process? My counsellor says should not be more than a week. I am planning to leave by 15th Sept.

regards.

Congrats, U will get Stamped PP back just in 7 days ( 3-4 days for visa stamping and 3-4 days in travel), good luck

@all

Now rules for visa processing has been changed. Couple of my friends got visa with in a month after the visa offcier was allocated. The people who started this forum underwent old policy and that is the reason of lot of delay. Otherwise there was no problem in my and other people verifications... :cool:

So now finally NZ has changed their policy which is a very good step. Congrats to all thosw who have got visa so faar.

@DOGLOVER
I am fine. PhD is going fine too. What about u? Have u went to Canada or still has applied somewhere for visa and waiting for it :eek:. Lolzz

HI Explodesh

NICE to hear from u, am here at Canada since last 4 months, enjoying a lot with my family, got good job-everything is awesome :)

Cheers

@vogno

Thats awesome news, best wishes

student visa extension

Hiii...

I think they have hastened the process of granting student visa. Mine got process in 50 days!..but they have given me a valid student visa for one year only, though my PHD will take 3 years minimum!..Is this the case with anyone here? Can it be extended later?

Hi...

I have a problem here. My visa is approved and i have told to collect my visa from the New Delhi branch. Can i just send i my passport thru TT services? Or will ther be a communication from the embassy telling me when to send it in....

Im stuck!...

Hi...

I have a problem here. My visa is approved and i have told to collect my visa from the New Delhi branch. Can i just send i my passport thru TT services? Or will ther be a communication from the embassy telling me when to send it in....

Im stuck!...

I'm over it now! All set to begin.....

I have applied for the New zealand student visa for PhD. in mid-feb from New Delhi, India. My application has now been moved to Immigration Profiling Group, Wellington for processing on 25 feb. Can anyone tell me what is IPG, procedure of visa processing and how much time it takes for visa processing at IPG?

Cheers!

@rashmiramesh
Hi!
Can you please tell me in how much time did you get your visa? Was it transferred to IPG and in how time did they reply?
As I have also applied for the New zealand student visa for PhD. in mid-feb from New Delhi, India. My application has now been moved to Immigration Profiling Group, Wellington for processing on 25 feb. I tried to contact IPG via email, but they didnt reply.
Looking forward for your reply.

Best Wishes

Immigration Department has tools in place within its mainstream systems and equipment, such as document verification equipment for relevant staff to support fraud detection. Nonetheless the AMS is not set up to hold all informations about applicants electronically. Some infos from manual applications are stored in hardcopy rather than electronically.

With the new visa processing policies, how many weeks am I looking at following submission of additional documents to the IPG? The documents requested by my immigration officer were received at Wellington on 5th April. I am heading for a PhD in engineering at the University of Auckland.

Hi,

Can i get your contact id if you have any?. I have applied for PhD visa New Zealand yesterday. I have a scholarship from the dept. If we can be in contact that would be beneficial for both of us.

Thanks
Shikar