NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi Urdu, Brainwave,

I am also moving to UoA. Would like to be in touch :).

dBasu ji.. looks like we got company :)

Welcome

You people are welcome, I am going to Department of Chemistry UoA, while brainwave have mentioned that he is going to Electrical Engineering Department UoA, but still waiting for visa. So shikar, from where u are and in which department u are going?

Hi Urdu,

I am from India. I will be moving to the Engineering Dept at UoA.

Could you please send me your email id.

Hi shikar,

Sorry I was busy that's y couldn't get back to you before. I am also going to Electrical Engineering Department and waiting for my VISA. Don't know how much more time it will take :(

Here is my Email ID brainwave06@gmail.com, in case if you want to contact.

Hello,

After a long time, I received an email from visa officer asking for supplementary information. Any news for others?

Lets keep this thread alive.

Thanks!

Hello.

I emailed my visa officer the other day and she said that my file is in verification process.
Lets see what happens now :p

Regardibng verification

so u got the visa or still and wht u think thy verified?
and hw long it took?

I am still waiting :) and don't know how much more time it will take. She said that she is expecting the result soon but she didn't give me any time frame.

Hello Brainwave,

So you can expect yours soon :). This is the second month for me.. :) Lets hope for the best...

Best Wishes!

Hurrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyy..........

Just received email from my visa officer.......
My VISA has been approved...Thank GOD

I am very happy today............. :)

Hey Brainwave!
That's a very good news. Congrats and enjoy your life there.
Hope all will get their visa soon!

:) Congrats brainwave once again... :)

Urdu .. I had dropped you an email.. Kindly check it.. I think you can expect yours very soon.. Best wishes bro... :)

Hi , I also submitted my application for student visa for PhD at New Delhi on September 10 ,2009. I also got that my application has been forwarded to IPG department wellington for processing . On October 16, 2009 I got that Visa officer has been allocated to my application for processing. Please let me know in which department your application was forwarded for processing and which branch. I got information that IPG branch , they take one month to complete the processing after allocation of officer. I am also facing same problem.. my scholarship lapsing date is October 31, 2009. I have already intimate them about it. But still I did not get any reply. I am also waiting for my visa

Visa process timeine

Dear future applicants,

It took 5 months for processing my PhD student visa application i.e ( 4 May to 3 October)

4 May - I submitted my application with TT services and they gave me a receipt acknowledging my application. You can use this receipt number to track your documents while in transit.

12 May- I received a letter stating that my application has been fwded to IPB in wellington for further processing long with my passport enclosed. Until this stage you can track your documents in TT services website.

< After a long wait I emailed them asking for a status on 9 June to the email address given in the letter>

14 June - I received an email from my visa officer asking for International Travel History, educational Background and Employment history. - Initial assessment

21 July - I received another email from my visa officer asking for International Travel History, educational Background and Employment history plus family deceleration along with several other hard copies like passport copy birth certificates, etc- Further assessment

1 August - Documents reach IPB and send for standard verification check

27 Sept - Final assessment process began

3 October - Visa approved. :)

Current time frame in 2012

Hi , I also submitted my application for student visa for PhD at New Delhi on September 10 ,2009. I also got that my application has been forwarded to IPG department wellington for processing . On October 16, 2009 I got that Visa officer has been allocated to my application for processing. Please let me know in which department your application was forwarded for processing and which branch. I got information that IPG branch , they take one month to complete the processing after allocation of officer. I am also facing same problem.. my scholarship lapsing date is October 31, 2009. I have already intimate them about it. But still I did not get any reply. I am also waiting for my visa

--

Last edited by a moderator: