NYC Folks Post Your Timeline Here

Approved

the interview took place on 2/28 at Federal Plaza. Waited about an hour and a half past our appointment but the interview itself was a breeze - the no questions, some banter about how long we've been together, our wedding and our two kids and presto - I was approved. No need to show joint utility bills (who has those anyway?) but she did keep a copy of our "proof of relationship" - tax returns, insurance policies, mortgage statements, bank statements.

Good luck everyone

the interview took place on 2/28 at Federal Plaza. Waited about an hour and a half past our appointment but the interview itself was a breeze - the no questions, some banter about how long we've been together, our wedding and our two kids and presto - I was approved. No need to show joint utility bills (who has those anyway?) but she did keep a copy of our "proof of relationship" - tax returns, insurance policies, mortgage statements, bank statements.

Good luck everyone

Congratulations!

Anyone who got approved at NY DO as a result of the memo? Please share the experiences here. Anything..... Even the repsonse to a phone call or a infopass that was made about this.

interview experience in Garden City

Hi everyone
had my interview on March 10. it wasn't hard at all you just need to read carefully all the stuff on this forum and you'll be fine. She only had a problem with the fact that my husband is 18 years older than me but we had plenty of joint documents and been married for over 2 years so she got over it:). she got through all the classic questions how we met, who proposed and where, she asked me a lot of stuff about my husband(it's his 3rd marriage, has a kid already) stuff about his ex wives and divorces about his son. I basically did most of the talking which was great being the control freak that I am:). She approved the case but she told me I am still pending upon completion of the background check because I was called for the interview after 2 months and it usually takes at least 3 months for the background check to be completed.

Good luck everyone!

Card production ordered

Full timeline below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/18 - filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
10/25 - RD
11/20 - FP
12/19 - EAD and AP approved
12/31 - AP received
1/2 - EAD received
1/12 - IL received
2/28 - interview date - Federal Plaza
3/21 - received email update that card production has been ordered

Postpone FP?

I'm preparing GC application for my wife but afraid she can not go to the scheduled FP because final exam.

In your finger print notice, does it say “If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any following Wednesday at the same time noted below, as long as you appear before mm/dd/yyyy”?

Thanks

this name check drives me bananas, I wonder if there is anything that I could do, I am so anxious to go abroad. had my interview on March 10, still no LUD, I might swing by Garden City just to check it out, any ideas?

Reading the forum is making me nervous now. I just filed my application.
03/25/08 ND all

NYC & March Filer

My parents' DO is NYC, so I thought i would post their timeline. Things are moving pretty fast and the case already got transferred to CSC, I hope this will speed up the process even more and the case get approved without an interview!

this name check drives me bananas, I wonder if there is anything that I could do, I am so anxious to go abroad. had my interview on March 10, still no LUD, I might swing by Garden City just to check it out, any ideas?

there is nothing you can do about name check , wait for 6 months and then take the new name check memo to garden city and ask them to approve the case , if you want to travel apply for advance parole

I got the NOA for I-765 and 1-485 and Bio Appt notice (in the same letter) today.
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 Received NOA for 1-485 & I-765 & Bio Appt
04/17/08 Bio appt

I finally received an email on 5/9/08 saying a card has been ordered and my name is registered... almost 14 months after I submitted my application. Damn name check.

Reassured!

I got a bit anxious when I received the IL yesterday before hearing anything on EAD and AP. However, after reading through the timelines of NYC folks, I am reassured. Seems like most of the applicants in NYC receive their IL before the EAD and AP :)!
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
03/31/08 Received NOA all
04/01/08 FP notice
04/08/08 LUD and see I-765, I-131, & I-130 online
04/15/08 LUD and see I-485 online
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL (Federal Plaza) received
07/17/08 ID