NYC Folks Post Your Timeline Here

It looks like a lot of you are employment based applications whose I485 are handled by the Vermont SC if I am correct... and family based are handled by the DO? Reason I am wondering is that I will soon be filing my I485... if anyone can break down the process a bit... I'm tired of breaking my head and figuring out what all those acronyms could possibly stand for :)

My PD is Feb 4 2002 FB1... I am crossing my fingers it won't slow down and move up by a month as it did in the previous 2 bulletins so that it can cover my date... very anxious to find out... but if anyone can spare some time just to give me a quick run down.... I'll appreciate it!

It looks like a lot of you are employment based applications whose I485 are handled by the Vermont SC if I am correct... and family based are handled by the DO? Reason I am wondering is that I will soon be filing my I485... if anyone can break down the process a bit... I'm tired of breaking my head and figuring out what all those acronyms could possibly stand for :)

My PD is Feb 4 2002 FB1... I am crossing my fingers it won't slow down and move up by a month as it did in the previous 2 bulletins so that it can cover my date... very anxious to find out... but if anyone can spare some time just to give me a quick run down.... I'll appreciate it!

Hi Cestlavie104:

I filed on FB1 too.

Fill out these forms:

I485 - AOS (Adjustment of Status)
I765 - EAD (Work Permit)
I131 - AP (Advance Parole)
G325A - Finger Print
I824 - Affadavit Support
I-693 - Medical Report from Civil Surgeon, you can find it on USCIS web site.

Attachment:

2 Passport Photos, print your name on the back
1 Check in the amount of $1,010.00 to USCIS
I-130 Approval Notice
A copy of Natralization Certificate
A copy of I-94
A copy of your entering visa (for example, B2...)
A copy of your birth certificate

Since you do not mention how you've maintained your legal status all these years in US. I assume you are holding certain kind of visa, like H1B, etc.

Yours:
Company Letter
Copy all approval of your extension during years you've been waiting. This is very important part. During these timeframe how you maintain legal status in this country has to be coherant.
Pay Stubs
W2, 1040, tax transcripts for last 3 years.

Your sponsor:
Company Letter
Sign I-824
Pay Stubs
W2, 1040, tax transcripts for last 3 years.

If you have joint sponsor, fill out another I-824.
Pay Stubs
W2, 1040, tax transcript for last year.

Please go online to check the poverty level on USCIS. The sponsor must make more than 125% and above. Please read I-824 instruction careful snd act upon accordingly.

Hope this will make your live easier.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
interview will be in garden city

The interview day is chinese new year. I am a chinese, my husband is a chinese. If I can choose, i won't pick this day for interview. But after reading some post here, I found rescheduling is so risky. I think just follow the timeline is the best choice for us.

Do: Brooklyn, NY

10/22/2007 Mail I-130 I-131 I-485 I-765 with I-864 and Physical Exam to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 Package Arrived

11/02/2007 Notice Date

11/05/2007 Check Cashed

11/06/2007 NOA for I-130 I-131 I-485 I-765

11/07/2007 Finger Print Notice Date

11/08/2007 Case Status Available Online

11/12/2007 Finger Print Notice Received

11/07/2007 LUD on I-130 and I-131

11/28/2007 Finger Print Done in Brooklyn

11/29/2007 LUD on I-485 and I-765

12/26/2007 I-131 I-765 Approved / EAD Card Ordered

12/28/2007 Receive Interview Notice (02/07/2008)

IL question

Do you get an email notification when the letter is sent or do you just get the letter in the mail?

10/18 - filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
10/25 - RD
11/20 - FP
12/19 - EAD and AP approved
12/31 - AP received
1/2 - EAD received

Nope

There really is no update when the letter is sent. With USCIS being backed up with applications, they don't have the time to be proactive and I guess they update afterwards. However, I am yet to see someone get an email notification of an IL.

Hope this helps.

Eleanor, thank you for the information and sorry for the delay... I kind of drifted away as I was waiting for my PD to become current. It did in the February 2008 bulletin that came out a few days ago.... thank god.

I actually did not maintain legal status... and do not have any kind of visa. I came here with my family some 14 years ago as a child and we overstayed our 3 months tourist stay. My mother was sponsored thru her employer under 245i of 1995. By the time her I140 was approved, I aged-out and was no longer part of that case. My parents and two sisters all received their green card in Jan 2002. In my lawyer's word, I am grandfathered into 245i of 1995... so I then applied thru my mother and father under FB2b category... and was assigned PD Feb 4 2002. As my parents became citizens, I was bumped up to FB1. Since my PD is now current... I am now preparing all necessary documents to file I485 in February.

There's the story.

timeline update

10/18 - filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
10/25 - RD
11/20 - FP
12/19 - EAD and AP approved
12/31 - AP received
1/2 - EAD received
1/12 - IL received
2/28 - interview date - Federal Plaza

PS: I live in Manhattan

Eleanor, thank you for the information and sorry for the delay... I kind of drifted away as I was waiting for my PD to become current. It did in the February 2008 bulletin that came out a few days ago.... thank god.

I actually did not maintain legal status... and do not have any kind of visa. I came here with my family some 14 years ago as a child and we overstayed our 3 months tourist stay. My mother was sponsored thru her employer under 245i of 1995. By the time her I140 was approved, I aged-out and was no longer part of that case. My parents and two sisters all received their green card in Jan 2002. In my lawyer's word, I am grandfathered into 245i of 1995... so I then applied thru my mother and father under FB2b category... and was assigned PD Feb 4 2002. As my parents became citizens, I was bumped up to FB1. Since my PD is now current... I am now preparing all necessary documents to file I485 in February.

There's the story.

Hi cestlavie104:

Congratulations!!! So, I assume I am not waiting that long. Only six years. But what a long time!!!

If your lawyer said so, follow his instruction and well prepare for him to file for you.

Good luck.

New York police clearance

My lawyers tell me I need to obtain police clearance from the City of New York (I live in Manhattan). Any idea how to go about that? The web offers no clues.

PS: I checked again - no need for a police clearance.

Timeline

Male, Estonian-rus married USC, Bajan
in BK Municipal Building.

• DAY
  • 1 _ July/22/7 Filed I-130, EAD, I-485
  • 34 _ Aug/24/7 Fingers done
  • 95 _ Oct/23/7 EAD recieved
  • 137 _ Dec/04/7 Interview passed, with name check.
  • 174 _ Jan/10/8 Welcome letter recieved
  • 188 _ Jan/24/8 Green Card recieved :D

Thanks GOD!!! :)

Fingerprinting was horrible. Some people there think they are doing a big favor. She almost broke my fingers.

Interview was a hell. Officer started conversation with the decision to deport me within 48h because I broke the law by leaving school. I studied for 4 months and quit. Job reason. In my opinion he wanted to see reaction, especially my wife's. She didn't freak out.

She just said: How does the deportation process go and how soon will his parents see him?
Officer: Ohh so you don't really care if we deport him.
Wife: No. I will buy a ticket and move to his country.

Those who had changed their J1 or whatever statuses to F1 STUDENT, please make sure to get a letter from school that would prove your attendance. No matter how long you've studied in there.
Officer was questioning me without taking his eyes off my wife. Again reaction.
He asked us for 3 years tax return, joint account and apt. lease agreement with BOTH names on it off course.
At the end he approved my petition. He wrote something in my passport (NO STAMP) and told us that some other judge needs to see my case and also to call to my school to make sure I didn't lie about 4 months in school.
He explained his concern about F1 attendance check, because of 9/11. In fact one of those boomers was a F1 student. The F... up part was that he was approved and received his GC in mail after his death. So now they are very serious about this. Get some knolopin if you are too nervous. Talk to your doctor before.
For me the worst thing is to WAIT. I called them and called... They know as much as it's written on your USCIS online account.
Then I went to Homeland Security Committee of my county (KINGS). Thanks to this website! I went there and explained them that I haven’t heard from USCIS anything since my interview. She called to GC by some direct number. Response was that my case is still in Garden City in FBI department and they have no access to it. Member of congress suggested that she will send them a letter with request on my case status and then they must respond with written answer by mail.
I got the answer after new year that my case has been approved. I don't say that those who in this situation right now have to go there but there is some possibility that it might help. I've heard that more you bother them, quicker you will have response.

Hope some of it was helpful.

Thanks again to this website.
Good Lock.

Male, Estonian-rus married USC, Bajan
in BK Municipal Building.

• DAY
  • 1 _ July/22/7 Filed I-130, EAD, I-485
  • 34 _ Aug/24/7 Fingers done
  • 95 _ Oct/23/7 EAD recieved
  • 137 _ Dec/04/7 Interview passed, with name check.
  • 174 _ Jan/10/8 Welcome letter recieved
  • 188 _ Jan/24/8 Green Card recieved :D

Thanks GOD!!! :)

Fingerprinting was horrible. Some people there think they are doing a big favor. She almost broke my fingers.

Interview was a hell. Officer started conversation with the decision to deport me within 48h because I broke the law by leaving school. I studied for 4 months and quit. Job reason. In my opinion he wanted to see reaction, especially my wife's. She didn't freak out.

She just said: How does the deportation process go and how soon will his parents see him?
Officer: Ohh so you don't really care if we deport him.
Wife: No. I will buy a ticket and move to his country.

Those who had changed their J1 or whatever statuses to F1 STUDENT, please make sure to get a letter from school that would prove your attendance. No matter how long you've studied in there.
Officer was questioning me without taking his eyes off my wife. Again reaction.
He asked us for 3 years tax return, joint account and apt. lease agreement with BOTH names on it off course.
At the end he approved my petition. He wrote something in my passport (NO STAMP) and told us that some other judge needs to see my case and also to call to my school to make sure I didn't lie about 4 months in school.
He explained his concern about F1 attendance check, because of 9/11. In fact one of those boomers was a F1 student. The F... up part was that he was approved and received his GC in mail after his death. So now they are very serious about this. Get some knolopin if you are too nervous. Talk to your doctor before.
For me the worst thing is to WAIT. I called them and called... They know as much as it's written on your USCIS online account.
Then I went to Homeland Security Committee of my county (KINGS). Thanks to this website! I went there and explained them that I haven’t heard from USCIS anything since my interview. She called to GC by some direct number. Response was that my case is still in Garden City in FBI department and they have no access to it. Member of congress suggested that she will send them a letter with request on my case status and then they must respond with written answer by mail.
I got the answer after new year that my case has been approved. I don't say that those who in this situation right now have to go there but there is some possibility that it might help. I've heard that more you bother them, quicker you will have response.

Hope some of it was helpful.

Thanks again to this website.
Good Lock.

Hi:

Thanks for sharing the story.

I'll have my interview in garden city also. I used to think Garden City will be easy. In fact last time when I prepared the PREP in legal office, we came across the topic of the easy approval in garden city. He said it's gone. Since they hire a lot of new IO lately, it's getting tougher. In the contrary, downtown Federal Plaza is getting easier to have gc approve.

Interview in Garden City today

Approved but name checking pending.

My appointment is 1pm. We arrived around 12, then handled the notice to the officer. We got called half an hour later, and brought into the 2nd floor with other 10 or more applicants. All ppl were waiting there for getting called by interview officer.

We waited for 1 and half hour, almost everyone got finished, and another group were brought up. Some ppl from this group got called, but still not us. I asked an officer. She told me the case already assigned to the officer, maybe he/she needed more time to review it and asked me to wait some more time.

15 mins later, I asked again. the lady brought an supervisor to me. the supervisor said they may lost my notice (but i got called when i waited in the lobby), asking me to write my name to him.

10 mins later, we got called by an officer. Maybe the supervisor assigned my case just to him.

We gave him the passports. He began to review all the documents We sent. Confirming the name, the address, the information on the application forms.

Then, he asked the pics. Since we are together for 5 years, there are a lot. He asked where we meet. And He asked when we are going to have ceremony.(we didn't have it yet)

He asked if we had any joint documents, I gave him car insurance, banking statement and cell phone bill. Since we leave at his home, and the bill is under his parents' name, we don't have any other documents.

At last, he asked me to give him the front door key of our house. Then, asked my husband to give his to him. He compared, and said perfect.

That's it. Pretty quick, total is 10 mins. He told me my name check is still pending. He noticed today is Chinese New Year, and joked to us should give him red envelope.

The waiting time is long, but the interview is quick. Hope my name check will be cleared soon. Good luck to anyone here.

Hi:

Just finished my interview in Garden City. AO is OK. But rigid for family petition, based on my lawyer told me. Don't know how long it takes to get my welcome letter and green card.