NY RIR tracker

No Title

Satish Bhai,

Please see the thread for NY SESA. You have a very very..... long
way to go before take off.

Yeah. currently they are processing early April\'s cases.

Mine was May 25th. Still need to wait a long time.
NY SESA is the worst.

Waiting waiting

Initial Non RIR : November 98
Converted to RIR : Sept 2001

God knows when NY SESA will reach Sept 2001 (hopefully by sept 2002 atleast)... H1 6 year term expiring next January..

One advice for new faces ... Work in South Dakota, Work in Montana, Work in North Dakota, takes less money, freeze in winter, be isolated from others ... but if you want your green card dont ever work in NY !!

NY SESA/DOL Progress

I check the DOL auto-responder email system every week. I have noticed that out of a few cases that there are from 2002, most are denials. And I don\'t know why that is because i work for one of the largest consulting firm (nope, not anderson)

Maybe because most

of the big 5 if not all of them have publicly stated their intent to lay off hundreds/thousands of employees. SESA/DOL would look for that to reject RIR applications. One of the conditions of the RIR process is that no one should have been laid off in the past 6 months and the company has to guarantee no layoffs in the next 6 months.

Question for you guys

Do you think it makes a difference in which part of the state we apply for the LC? I have a feeling the NYC office my be the worst hit by the 245(i) bubble and the 09/11 disruption.

you should call your attorney

I have heard of people after you getting their labor certified - namely end april.

NY RIR Applied in May 2001

Some can tell me steps to find the out about my application is still at the STATE LEVEL or in DOL? I don\'t know my case number.
thanx...

venky_k could u please tell me.......

I able to find out all about all cases which my employer applied by giving employer phone number. But I don\'t know my caseno. How do I find out detials about each case. Can u tell me exact format.

If your case is in the system, then you will soon get processed both in state and regional.

Both state and regional DOL are current. My case was applied
in April, no response at all. Still in SESA.

gosh, there must be some mistakes.

why not ask your attorney to inquire for it. How can
Feb\'s case not be processed?

Here is my confusion.. appriciate any replies

My Appication date is 2nd April on the application but i signed the documents sent to me on April 24th. Lawyer says my application date is 2nd april, I wonder how can they apply case on 2nd if i signed and sent the document on 24th.

NY - LC Filled in Sept 2001 EB3/RIR

I checked my status with my lawyer ---
Big Answer
:) Forget about it for another 10 months....

What a faith , i filled for my GC whole WTC collapsed otherwise in NY it used to take only 6-7 months for RIR

Its not the WTC

Its the 245(i) most of all, plus software professional layoff due to slowing economy and skeleton staff at SESA. I applied in April 01. EB2 RIR, big 5 consulting firm and have heard nothing. Checked with lawyer last week and he told me to take a stroll for another 4-6 months due to the 245(i) overload which hit in the same month I applied. It could be another year before i get a response, which might be a rejection because of the layoffs by big companies.

but heard that there were April approvals already....

but heard that there were April approvals already....

Only a few april cases are approved

DOL official website states that they are working on March cases. (that was the news one month ago). But the bubble is still here since most 245(i) applicants applied in April and SESA might take up to a year just to go through April cases.

we don\'t know "a few" or "a lot" get approved, few people posted here after.

we don\'t know "a few" or "a lot" get approved, few people posted here after.