NVC/Chennai mail delay - Interview likely in FEB/MARCH

Thank you manbird.

Is it possible for you to post the exact details of packet 4? Some us
many not even get this in mail before they start for their interview.

You mean NVC also send an approval letter along with packet 3?

What else is required from our lawyer? Could you please post all the
documents that Chennai is asking with word to word match from your
packet 4? This helps people who are supposed to receive packet 4 at
US address.

I do not have my complete P4. It was sent to Hyd and I only asked them to fax

me a copy of the appointment letter. In the appointment letter, there was a footnote saying the we need to bring original 797 and copy of 140 petition. Hope this helps.

Reply from Kathy Walker to my thank you note:

"I am very glad to hear that the NVC documentation was accepted. Thank you for your information. It was very useful in working with the Visa Office on this matter".

Santha, I have not received my packet 4 yet

But looking at others postings who have received it, I think approval letter is the one you receive from NVC along with your P3. Talked to my lawyer about original I-797 and he has agreed to hand over the same

Santha & acehart

Acehart, thanks for the info on Fedex.

Santha, I-797 is the same as the approval letter to your petition for immigration (in your case, I-140; in my case it was I-130). Sorry if I confused you.

Guys I-797

I do have a courtesy copy of my I140 approval, is this courtesy copy the same as "original" I-797. Can someone type here has a original I-797 with them can you please clarify, or type out the details written on it.
Mine Says :
"The above petition has been approved. We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa center(NVC), 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouht, NH....

This completes all INS action on this petition....."

kalyani, manbird and others having interview on or before 15th FEB

Hi guys,
What have you decided to do for your PCC. My interview is on 12th FEB and I am leaving on the 5th. I have applied for my PCC on 3rd Jan (Chicago faxed it to Chennai RPO on 10th Jan). I am working hard to get the PCC but if we cannot get it before we leave what do we do? If we get it directly from Chennai RPO in India would we then need a local PCC as well? Let me know what your thoughts are and what we need to say. If we all have the same argument, I think the consular officer will understand our situation.

I still have not given up hope on PCC

I am having somebody bug the PPO folks everyday. In my case, the fax sent out by NY was never received. They are supposed to re-fax soon. So I am going to wait and see how it goes.

I am going to wait for another week or so and then think of plan B. Plan B would be to get it from HYD.