Manbird 10/22
mmp 10/15
padaiyappa 10/15
PRB 10/15
radha1 10/08 (Could be 10/15)
reader100
santhu 10/15

Things are very promising.

It looks like in all recent happenings (NVC, Walker, and mail resent from NVC), Chennai also has fair contribution. It looks to me all parties (NVC, DOS and Chennai) are in agreement for processing resent documents. If chennai had not requested in special, NVC could have used FedEX instead of DHL, for resending documents. Also looks like Chennai is expecting NVC mail and holding interview dates until. Let us hope best.

Santha

Could not agree more with you. I have applied for my PCC and probably will fly to SF to collect it. I am not in CA. That is a big pain. But in light of other things Ii do not want my Passport to be stuck some where..
I hope you guys are getting your pcc ready. Sso far, when I called chennai yesterday they sing the same rap that pcc is not needed.
I know that their web site says so...

Thefront desk desi guys are just taught a rap and they keep singing it all the time till they are taught a new one!!

No Ajbinu, I did not.

It would have been pro active approach, but it also looks obvious that Chennai is aware of NVC resending documents. It also looks evident to me that they are all in agreement. As the Feb interview date release is so close, we can not pursue Feb interview if Chennai is not in agreement with NVC. Any way, at this time, it would not hurt to wait until Feb interview dates are released. But, in unfortunate conditions, if we do not get Feb interview, we need to adopt pro active approach. Hoping for best.

Update from my lawyer

My lawyer has spoken to NVC, they said that they have re-sent my packet to embassy on Jan 3, 2002. NVC said it will take 10 days to reach there.

Guys we need to confirm receipt and acceptance of our P3s

I am not trying to be pessimistic but as good as Chennai might be, our P3 may not be opened and considered by Chennai before they release Feb dates. However if Chennai confirms that our P3s from NVC are now received by them and they will schedule our interview soon, I will accept that.
I know a month makes a huge difference but I feel relieved that this mess has made some good progress and I am willing to be a little patient provided things progress in the right direction.
Again just my thoughts. I stand behind you guys and support you completely.

I sent an e-mail to chennai

yesterday and have not heard back from them. I clearly told them that NVC has resent my papers and whether or not they are in receipt of it, and if I would get Feb interview.

Usually they reply ASAP, since they havent replied I am hoping they are expecting our papers soon, and then would reply... still being optimistic. Atleast no negative reply from them.

Message from Chennai on AC140

I\'m posting this AC-140 related message which was deleted earlier for reference. Please do not react as this message is for reference only.

Different, thanks for all your efforts and sharing this mail with us.

To: ***
CC:***, *** (Some Important folks)
Subject: RE: Mail delay,due to Anthrax, held up CP cases
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:51:39 +0530

Mr. XXX:

Thank you for the e-mail.

I am sorry for the delay and confusion the anthrax scare has created for your immigrant visa case. Fortunately, we are able to process those cases whose physical petitions are still waiting to be irradiated. In order to process the affected cases, we need the following:

-- The original I-797 Approval Notice from the Immigraton and
Naturalization Service.

-- An attorney-certified copy of the original I-140 petition.

These documents may be sent directly to the American Consulate General, 220 Mount Road, Chennai 600 006, via DHL courier service, attention Immigrant Visa Unit.

We will then schedule appointments and mail out appointment
letters. The usual routine is to schedule the appointments for about 3 weeks from the time the appointment letter reaches the applicant. This is to give the applicant time to make travel arrangements and get the necessary medical examination.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Vice Consul
American Consulate General
Chennai (Madras), India
Tel: 91-44-811-2000
This email is unclassified per Executive Order 12958.

(*** Start Comment by Acehart ** )
/**
I do not know what he means by executive order 12958, but this could be the reference to the AC-140 acceptance decision they have taken
**/
(*** End Comment by Acehart ** )

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 11:49 AM
To: Vice Consul
Subject: FW: Mail delay,due to Anthrax, held up CP cases

Vice Consul,
For your response directly to Mr. XXX

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:55 PM
To: chennaic@state.gov
Subject: Mail delay,due to Anthrax, held up CP cases

Dear Mr. Bernard J. Alter,
I along with a group of other people (atleast another 10 people) have landed in a unique situation due to the current "Anthrax" situation. We had opted for Consular Processing during the time we applied for our I-140\'s. On approval, our papers where forwarded on to NVC in New Hampshire. Eventually our "Original Petition" was sent to Chennai via diplomatic pouch on 10/15 for some of us and 10/22 for the rest. These papers never made to Chennai. Our interviews where originally scheduled by Chennai on various dates in January but later cancelled as they did not have our "Physical" petition from NVC. Some of us followed up with NVC and put a trace on our cases, NVC gave us
FedEx tracking No\'s, which proved that our papers where delivered to
Immigration Visa Unit, Department of State, Sterling VA 20166, from where they are further delivered through Diplomatic Pouch. On further
investigation and talking to authorities in Sterling VA mail facility we where told, that these mails are still waiting to be fumigated and could take anywhere from 1-6 months. Even today those postal facilities are still closed as per the radio and television news.
At this time we are in a complete "Fix" as Chennai Immigaration Visa branch says that unless they receive our papers "Physically" they cannot proceed and NVC says they have sent our "Originals" and they can only re-send it electronically.

We have question: Can we recreate documentation using attorney certified copies?

We hope Chennai consulate has some process to handle this kind (Postal Missing) of cases.

We are kindly requesting you to let us know the way out of this situation.

You are the only hope for us.

We greatly appreciate your help and time.

Regards,

XXX

( Mail Delay Effected CP\'ers)

They are arranging for interviews.

I just called. My interview has been scheduled for 14th Feb. Good luck guys. Call and post your dates. Good job all you guys.

Best.

gc_crk : Good news - Got interview date : Feb 13 th

I called Chennai just now and got my interview date. Guys please call Chennai to know yours.

gc_crk1, is your interview appearing on web?

Please let me know. Mine is not yet appearing but am just informed Feb14.

which no. did u call

Please post, No one is answering 8112060.

Also did u get additional info, like are they accepting our papers from NVC etc. etc.

Congratulations everyone !

Mine on 19th ! We should congratulate each one of us, we managed to get this done as a group. Lets still wait till the website gets update / P IV received to really celebrate :)