November Filing Thread

To GreenLady

Well, it will be a bit premature to offer congratulations but at least your case started moving, I'll keep fingers crossed for you:) and yes, you are right, the online LUD systems does not seem to be a very reliable indicator....

Finally

Day 190 - got the Interview Notice!

The interview is scheduled for July 10, 2007 (day 235) at the Phila DO. I do not even know if the phone inquiry helped or is it just my turn following colleagues GreenLady and Itsme.... but I am happy anyway. Funny thing - the online status did not change a bit - still shows I-485 LUD as of late November 2006...

Time to start worrying about a possible interview deschedule notice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Close... but no cigar

Before we proceed any further, I must say two things:
1) thank you all guys for your support, advice and best wishes
2) we have been genuinely married for over 5 years now and I guess it shows:

Now the story:
We arrived some 10-15 minutes early and were placed in the waiting area together with some other 30 people. Nice, quite, conditioned area with access to toilets and drinking water.

We were called some 20 minutes later after submitting my interview notice to the receptionist. The IO was a white gentlemen in his later 30s (I guess), rather friendly albeit professional.

He administered the oath, had us seated and verified some very basic info: kids, current address, types of visas I earlier had (these he photocopied) and stapled my I-94 into the file. He asked if we brought anything to prove the marital relationship and we did bring a lot of stuff - he only took joint dental insurance, health insurance, car insurance; wasn't interested in taxes (said they have them on file already) and never asked about the photos or bank accounts. Strangely enough, he did not even ask the standard "no" questions about being in a gang, being a communist, terrorist, prostitute, etc.

Before I even asked, he said that my NC has not cleared yet and they (DHS/USCIS) have no way of knowing when this may happen.

All in all, the interview lasted less than 15 minutes of which 5 I was trying to get some guidance from him as to what I can do about this name check thing (not much if anything at all).

I'll be posting again after it does clear but do not hold my breath - given the history of delays with my AOS, it may take years...

Good luck to all of those intervewing tomorrow :) in the same place

UPD: Forgot to mention, online status still does not show any LUD changes and says that the case is at NBC (I saw that large thick file in Phila with my own eyes).

Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm happy to hear the interview was not a problem, and can only hope your name check won't take too long. I don't understand this name check business - what is there to check, in this day and age of computer records?

I do not know it myself - except for one thing: it either passes in a matter of weeks or lasts a couple of years. There is a devoted page on the FBI website but do not worry about it now - first things first - good luck tomorrow.

I now believe that these people are experts enough to tell a true marriage from an arranged one in a matter of minutes (if not seconds). Again, mine was silky-smooth and I hope that yours will be just like that...

Well, we had the interview at 8.30am this morning. We were out of the building by 9 - the officer was friendly, didn't ask for hardly any documents (except for wedding pictures, of which we have none; we'd brought some other photos of us, but not many), tried to recruit my husband to work for the federal government (apparently there are many job openings) and that's about it. It was quick and painless and yes, we were approved!

Name check category

Are Name Checks done randomly or its based on where you are/if your name sounds "suspicious"? I see some pple getting approved right away, others get stuck up with the name check BS. Any takers?

Cheers

Name checks are done for everyone. They run your name and DOB through several data bases (done by computers)... if there is a hit (match) then someone (an employee) has to manually review your case and make sure that you are not the person involved in the crime or whatever... but there is a backlog so you case could take, weeks, months, years... :p

H-m-m... strangely enough, got a fresh LUD on my I-765 (EAD) - does anyone have any similar experience? I mean, is is indicative of a namecheck completion (fingers crossed) or is it just USCIS people getting prepared to renew my EAD for another painful year?

As a side note - it will soon be the time to rename this tread to November 2006... :(

Happy Halloween!

Exactly four hours before the Halloween... time to update this thread :)

I just called USCIS and got another service request#.... EAD renewal seems to be in the works - USPS confirmed the receipt thereof and the check has just cleared - do not have new case# yet, though...

To-Do List:
--receive a receipt for EAD renewal (another 2 weeks)
--receive a service request answer (another 4 weeks)
--start sending letters to FBI, First lady, USCIS ombudsman, senators, etc (another 20-22 weeks)
--initiate a WoM (25-30 weeks) - yes, I know that filing a WoM is no longer a criterion for the USCIS to expedite...:(

It is up to you, the new November victims, how to name your new thread:) - call it November 2007 filing thread, for example.
Good luck anyway!