November Filing Thread

OK, day 157: still no updates, no news, no RFE... I called USCIS two times today and got two different suggestions:

1) call again after day 180
2) call again when my DO (Phila) will start processing I485 with my receipt date (even though the case is still at the NBC and has not been even transferred to DO!!!).

In either case it means waiting and this is exactly what I am going to do - will be posting in this thread again if a) there are any updates or b) the above deadlines pass and I call USCIS again.

same boat

I just checked uscis.gov - the Baltimore DO (that's where the CS Rep at the 800 # told me to check) still show they are processing 485s from July 2006, and there hasn't been an update since the middle of March.

I've already learned from going through the whole fiance visa mess that some offices are really quick - which is why some people who filed after we did have already had interviews & have been approved - and some offices seem to be slower than mollasses going uphill in the middle of January!

My time-line is below.

Another Philadelphia timeline

I am so glad I found this thread, I thought I was the only person filing around Thanksgiving. Here's my timeline:

Currently on an F-1 visa, married to US citizen.
DO: Philadelphia, PA
Mailed out I130, I485, I131: 11/17/06
Receipt sent out: 11/24/06
Biometrics letter mailed: 11/28/06
Biometrics taken: 12/09/06
Advance parole letter received: 12/21/06

Not much since then.

To GreenLady
May I ask if you had any LUD changes re: your I-485 application?
For me - still no news, as reflected in my signature...

Same Here, and It does not seem to be getting anybetter.

RD: 11/15/06
ND: 11/20/06
BIO: 12/07/06
LUD:1/29/07 (I-765) DAY 69!!
APPROVAL NOTICE OF (I-765) 2/01/07 DAY 71!!!!!
EAD ARRIVES IN THE MAIL 2/05/07 DAY 76

Since then Nothing!

Um, I'm not sure what the LUD should be... For example, on my I485 case status page it says "On November 24, 2006 we received blah blah blah"; is November 24 my LUD?

On the other hand, the processing dates for Philadelphia DO have been last updated April 18th, and they claim they are currently processing I485s from October 14, 2006.

To GreenLady
yes, my Last Update Dates for other applications, like EAD, changed several times during the process - but not for I-485, it still stays at November as if it has never been touched.

Do you think that the Phila processing dates matter in cases like mine and yours? I have some doubs because it looks like my case is still with the MSC (or NBC which the same thing) and haven't been transferred to Phila...

Since our dates avery similar, would you mind keeping us posted? I'll do the same...

Hm. I guess my last LUDs for I130 and I485 are 11/24/06 then. It does say that the case is at the National Benefits Center, but I read in another thread that this doesn't mean much.

I'll definitely stay in touch. I was so excited about getting the biometrics done so quickly, and I hope this doesn't take too long.

Day 180 - no news, no updates, no RFEs, no LUD changes... the case is still at the NBC.

UPDATE: called today customer service (the lady was very professional, helpful and friendly) and was given a referral number; she told me that someone is going to check what may be wrong with the case and let me know in 45 days (day 225, July 1) by snail mail; if they do not, will have to call them again using that referral number.

Not sure if it will be useful, but hope for at least a LUD change....

BTW, I used the really helpful USCIS phone system chart from http://www.divavelveeta.com/misc/800instructions.pdf - check page 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 is also just sitting there untouched, still says it is at the processing center. I've gotten the EAD, had the interview (which was approved), but we were told that the FBI name check was not complete. That was almost 4 months ago and still nothing. I guess I will try calling up to see if I can get a case opened for them to track.

Every other part of the process is tracked and has status updates, but the FBI part is just a complete black hole that some people spend years in. It is the worst kind of limbo because the 2 year counter towards condition removal and citizenship does not even start until your card is issued. There doesn't seem to be any other way to move it along accept a class action lawsuit after waiting 2-3 years.

Thoughts?
Forest

Day 180 - no news, no updates, no RFEs, no LUD changes... the case is still at the NBC.

UPDATE: called today customer service (the lady was very professional, helpful and friendly) and was given a referral number; she told me that someone is going to check what may be wrong with the case and let me know in 45 days (day 225, July 1) by snail mail; if they do not, will have to call them again using that referral number.

Not sure if it will be useful, but hope for at least a LUD change....

BTW, I used the really helpful USCIS phone system chart from http://www.divavelveeta.com/misc/800instructions.pdf - check page 4.

thanks for the info I will also try this number this coming monday. As of now my case hasn't moved since NOV 20TH 06. Lets keep each other updated. I will try to call and see what the uscis has to say.

I called USCIS today. The Person I talked to would not do a referral on my case since according to her the newark office is still processing dates from OCTOBER 06.

I did call to check if my I-130 was upgraded to citizen status, apparenlty they are not able to tell me that over the phone, but she went ahead and reupgraded? my petition and gave me a referral number. If it turns out that this was the case of why my I-485 has been stuck I am going to have a big talk with my lawyer.

To Itsme27

That's interesting because USCIS updated processing times today - looks like Phila works on I-485 cases submitted by November 13 - actually, just a week before my submission date. However, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the local office because my case is still at the NBC.

Probably, I should also verify that my I-130 was indeed upgraded when my spouse became a USC. O, yeah, forgot to mention - still no LUD changes even after the call to their customer service; LUD is still November 2006.

To Rambela:

Holy Crap finaly a little bit of activity. I got an LUD today for my I-130 after calling immigration about the upgrade to citizenship. That is probably good news since then they might touch the I-485. My only concern is that now things will be delayed because I did not have my naturalization number on me at the time.

LUD (I-130) 5/22/07!!
maybe the start of something good?

To Itsme27
Honestly? I just do not know and have no way of knowing....
That being said, I will inquire if my I-130 has been updated and let you know in a couple of days. lets see what will (or will not) happen.

to rambela:

Well according to uscis they had no way of knowing if was upgraded or not which sounds a little ridiculous to me, but I don't think it was upgraded if they finally touched the case after it was upgraded to citizenship by me. or it would be that my lawyer did it, and they never got it, or it could mean absolutely nothing. I'll keep you updated on my side. My newark office still says they are working on the I-485 in september. I don't think it moved since last month.

LUD (I-130) 5/22/07 - 5/23/07.

another LUD on my I-130......

LUD (I-130) 5/22/07 - 5/23/07 -5/24/07 - 5/25/07

and yet another LUD this time I got an email stating that the I-30 has been transferred over to Newark NJ for processing. I am assuming once newark gets the I-130 they will finally touch my I-485?? things are starting to roll hoping for the best! good luck

Itsme27, congratulations - looks like things finally started moving.

So far, I only got a letter from USCIS - basically, it's just a confirmation of the referal number they gave me earlier; says the delay is being researched at the NBC.

Other than that - no LUD changes, no news, no nothing, day 189.

I have just opened today's mail : I got the interview letter! The letter is dated May 18, and the interview will be on July 11th. I hope your letters are in the mail as well...

Also, my case status online still hasn't been updated (since November 24), so it is quite possible that the online case status doesn't reflect entirely what is happening.