no updates on i130 or 485

Hi Unlucky_girl
Hopefully your situation will be resolved into the luckiest one. I think your case was taking more time due to the little longer history of your applications with USCIS as it was 140 and then 130 (which make them little confused.........140 was processed at some different service ctr and now your IO is waiting for that file to come to your DO. Once the file will be completed, he will change pending decision into approval.
This is all my assumption
Every case is unique, so we cannot compare with each other because of so many administrative steps in processing.

you are spot on in your assumption , thats what is happening in my case but for the past 5 months this file has not been transferred ( or transferred ) i freaking dont know , because one day an officer at Garden City tells me that my case is pending final decision , so i send an email to the IO who interviewd me and withing a span of two days they tell me that they are still waiting for the file , i dont know what the F is going on

you are absolutely right. my husband told me the same thing it is time we start agressively try to do something. i am going crazy not able to sleep well and this uncertainty is killing me. i want to go back home and spend time with my parents and in-laws coz they havent spent a lot of time with my son. how unfair ?

Unlucky_girl

I have been sending them letters and emails continuosly , I have been pestering the ombusdsman office every singel day by sending them emails , i sent letter to the district director too
I have sent you my contact deatils in Pm , stay in touch

you are absolutely right. my husband told me the same thing it is time we start agressively try to do something. i am going crazy not able to sleep well and this uncertainty is killing me. i want to go back home and spend time with my parents and in-laws coz they havent spent a lot of time with my son. how unfair ?

did you go to the garden city office and ask them what is going on ? because at garden city office you can just walk in and get ur case status info

I havent seen my family for 4 years :(

Hang in there

I know every case is different but I just got approved yesterday for a my case and I havent been home in 12yrs.

well , in my case they have requested for a file transfer 5 months back , I do not know if they have received the file or not , because one of the immigration officers ar Garden City mentioned that my case is pendng final decision , so I send an email to the IO who interviewed me informing about it and asking him if I can get a stamp on my passport , so that I can visit my ailing mom and guess what just after 2 freakin days i go there and another officer says they are still waiting for the file

I F**kg dont know what the F is going on what type of games they are playing ? is it because they are now processing apr 30 , 2007 and wont do anything untill they reach my processing date or is it because they still have not received the file , i freaking dont know:mad:

I130 will approve on the same date as I-485 will get approved.
The situation is something that i have gone through and the only person who could make things move is the IO who took your interview. he must have forgotten to update the case after the interview and fwd your file.
Also I-130 has name check pending (this a guess). Try what Bootneyf tried and i can say success will be yours. You have to play with the system to get your work done as long as everything you have done so far is legal.

So call NSC and say u have not received your green card and ur case was approved on the day of interview as the officer gave you a stamp on the passport.....and see the fun after that....Bootneyf has first hand experience on this.

Thanks , name check is not pending it has been cleared in november , only thing that is pending is the file transfer ( i dont know if the officer has the file or otherwise) , I have been sending letters to this officer regualarly but no response , last week i sent a letter to the district director , lets see if something moves

and yes I have tried all these tricks before to speak to an IO and sometimes I get lucky and sometimes not , either way it didnt help me

Last edited by a moderator:
hey bootneyf and ladyaust,
Congratulations!! :):) i am really happy for both of you. and all the best for a prosperous future.

actually no. we decided to wait for 60 days coz the lawyer said to wait that long and then he would take the necessary action. so now since the 60 days are up the lawyer has started corresponding with them. we decided to go next friday and see what is going on? we did make inquiries for the I130 and we were told that it is in the local office for final processing as if we did not know that? i wil keep u updated

franticsky.Question for you

You said you have been sending emails to the Ombudsman . Do you ever get a response.
Also when you send a follow up email to your first enquiry do you include your file number again.
I have written to the ombudsman and his office replied telling me that USCIS will get back to me in 45 days.
IT is over 90 days now and I havnt seen a reply from the USCIS. Do you think I should email ombudsman now.
Thanks for your input.
BTW I have been in the hole since 2002. Interviewed in 2004. Name check was cleared in 2005. Case is " pending review"
Havent been home for the last 5 years now.

You said you have been sending emails to the Ombudsman . Do you ever get a response.
Also when you send a follow up email to your first enquiry do you include your file number again.
I have written to the ombudsman and his office replied telling me that USCIS will get back to me in 45 days.
IT is over 90 days now and I havnt seen a reply from the USCIS. Do you think I should email ombudsman now.
Thanks for your input.
BTW I have been in the hole since 2002. Interviewed in 2004. Name check was cleared in 2005. Case is " pending review"
Havent been home for the last 5 years now.

Al Aos , yes I do receive response from the Ombudsman ,I have been writing emails to them pretty regularly , try writing to your district director , thats what I did a week back , have not received anything though , yes you should write again to the Ombudsman and keep writing untill they take action

Actually its not the Ombudsman's office that is not working , Ombuidsman forwards the case problems to USCIS CAO ( customer assistance office ... yeah we know how much they assist) anyway its the CAO office that enquires with the uscis , may be the CAO office never sent ur query to uscis

Keep writing

Franticsky i would suggest writing to the congressman saying you had the interview done and till date have no heard on you case. Do not mention other details and let them get back to you with what they find out. This will help push your file to completion which is pending due to administrative delays.

actually no. we decided to wait for 60 days coz the lawyer said to wait that long and then he would take the necessary action. so now since the 60 days are up the lawyer has started corresponding with them. we decided to go next friday and see what is going on? we did make inquiries for the I130 and we were told that it is in the local office for final processing as if we did not know that? i wil keep u updated

any update unlucky_girl ?

Bunnybugs , thank you , actually the congressman's office knows about my case and they have been of some help to me regarding the transfer of the file , however i think that the letter to the district director helped as well